Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yes. The Laurie Strode character has been resurrected for a third time. She keeps coming back. It runs in the family. :youngsabo:

EDIT - Maybe fourth time? Did she die in the second Rob Zombie film? I watched that film once and never want to see it again. :scusthov:

She’s not in those movies breh lol.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
She’s not in those movies breh lol.

No, I meant like the Laurie Strode character in general. I think she's died three times over all in the series.

1. They said that she died in an accident in Halloween 4.
2. She got stabbed by Michael in Halloween Resurrection.
3. Shot by a police officer in Rob Zombie's second Halloween film.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No, I meant like the Laurie Strode character in general. I think she's died three times over all in the series.

Ah yeah you’re right. Luckily this wipes all those out or at least let’s you choose your own adventure

Hostile

All Star
Daps

I don't know why people want to see the upcoming one. They'll probably erase that one too.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
If this does well and makes money, what's the chance we see Freddy and Jason make thier comeback?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If this does well and makes money, what's the chance we see Freddy and Jason make thier comeback?

It’s not as easy as it sounds for Jason. To hear the last producers tell it, Friday the 13th is stuck in a lot of legal stuff and rights issues etc so that needs to get cleared up first before anything else. Freddy is a good bet tho but you need the right idea for any of this to work. Jason Blum has said if they didn’t have the right idea for Halloween it wouldn’t have happened.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
The interesting thing about this Halloween is it's the 1st under Carpenter being the sole owner of the Franchise after buying it from the Weinstein's. The way they're talking about this movie "seems" like it's going to be the nail in the coffin for Mike. If they're going about having Mike at 61 years old, how much more can they really do following this movie? I read somewhere that they could play the whole "Alternate Universe" type of deal to continue making Halloween movies from the original timeline of the sequels. But again, Carpenter from what I gather has to approve any treatments / pitches made ala what Danny McBride and David Gordon Green did to get the movie Greenlit. It'll be interesting to see what he does if this sh*t is a Homerun.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The interesting thing about this Halloween is it's the 1st under Carpenter being the sole owner of the Franchise after buying it from the Weinstein's. The way they're talking about this movie "seems" like it's going to be the nail in the coffin for Mike. If they're going about having Mike at 61 years old, how much more can they really do following this movie? I read somewhere that they could play the whole "Alternate Universe" type of deal to continue making Halloween movies from the original timeline of the sequels. But again, Carpenter from what I gather has to approve any treatments / pitches made ala what Danny McBride and David Gordon Green did to get the movie Greenlit. It'll be interesting to see what he does if this sh*t is a Homerun.

Carpenter doesn’t own it breh. It’s still Miramax universal and blumhouse. Jason Blum brought carpenter in because he wanted his blessing and as a show of good faith for the fans and for the creative. Carpenter had to approve of whomever was going to direct and the script etc etc but it’s still not his baby if that makes any sense. But he did meet with every director/writer to hear their pitches

noble

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mike has always been my favorite, 4-5 I wasn't feeling but I thought 6 was fire....Carpenter being back gives me hope but I don't know about this being 60 years old business:jbhmm: