Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Mike has always been my favorite, 4-5 I wasn't feeling but I thought 6 was fire....Carpenter being back gives me hope but I don't know about this being 60 years old business:jbhmm:
The series should've ended with the producer's cut of 6 starring Danielle Harris as 15 y/o Jamie. I still can't believe they got JC Brandy for that role. The little boy needed to go too, the actor and the character.

Gentility

Warrior for the Babies
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't want no smoke with a 90 year old Michael Myers, 61 year old Mike gon still have that old man strength :hubie:
I remember shaking hands with this one old dude. A Marine. He must have been pushing 70. Pops damn near broke my hand. Crushed my shyt like a can of beer. It felt like I just shook hands with the goddamn T-800.

Don’t sleep.

terminator-hand-3d-model_200.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This film should center around the daughter and granddaughter, not Laurie.

Nope the way they set it up with her being the survivor going after Michael and training and ready for it, I like that angle breh. It gives her something to do while also setting it up for more. Plus it retcons them being related so her daughter and granddaughter, in theory, would have no beef with Michael and he wouldn’t come after them anyway. Him going after Laurie is the whole “one that got away” thing and unfinished business. And Laurie waiting for him is growth

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Nope the way they set it up with her being the survivor going after Michael and training and ready for it, I like that angle breh. It gives her something to do while also setting it up for more. Plus it retcons them being related so her daughter and granddaughter, in theory, would have no beef with Michael and he wouldn’t come after them anyway. Him going after Laurie is the whole “one that got away” thing and unfinished business. And Laurie waiting for him is growth
Doesn't make for good horror to me.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Doesn't make for good horror to me.

Haven't seen it yet for me to tell one way or the other. But it sounds like it makes for a good story. If you're saying this is the sequel to the first movie and Laurie is the lone survivor, then yeah finding out where that character is 40 years later and what that event did to her is a potentially compelling story. There's no doubt Michael will go after her daughter and granddaughter because they're around but Laurie shold show growth in 40 years and fight back and welcome the fight. Maniac killed her two best friends and no doubt screwed her life up, but rather than go into a ball, she became a fighter.

To me, that's interesting and potentially good storytelling.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I never understood that so he is supernatural then? I can now accept all the bs he's taken and not died permanently like I accept Jason and Freddy.

I honestly don't believe Carpenter designed it to be understood. He said he wanted him to be the embodiment of evil, he's a shape, not a person. He's an entity. But Carpenter also didn't design it with sequels in mind so there ya go

Hostile

All Star
Daps
So......is Michael actually human or nah lol?:pachaha:
I'm curious about Laurie's power level. They talmbout she's as dangerous as Michael. All the ass whoopins he took the last few films :snoop: man they bout to seriously ruin Mike's credibility after this one.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm curious about Laurie's power level. They talmbout she's as dangerous as Michael. All the ass whoopins he took the last few films :snoop: man they bout to seriously ruin Mike's credibility after this one.

Breh, in this movie she's only been in one movie :russ:

And they're not saying she's as powerful as Michael. They're saying she's as much of a force as he is in terms of going after him. She doesn't have a "power level" like this is DBZ. She's just trained to fight now, whether its with guns or knives. Rather than just let the shyt happen she's taking control to protect her family if and when it does happen again. Michael's credibility won't be ruined more than it already has been thanks to almost two decades worth of shytty movies. I have a sweet spot in my heart for halloween 4 but everything after that has been forgettable at best

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Breh, in this movie she's only been in one movie :russ:

And they're not saying she's as powerful as Michael. They're saying she's as much of a force as he is in terms of going after him. She doesn't have a "power level" like this is DBZ. She's just trained to fight now, whether its with guns or knives. Rather than just let the shyt happen she's taking control to protect her family if and when it does happen again. Michael's credibility won't be ruined more than it already has been thanks to almost two decades worth of shytty movies. I have a sweet spot in my heart for halloween 4 but everything after that has been forgettable at best
:duck:Like anyone could forget Mike getting stomped out by Paul Rudd. :mjlol:

:mjcry: