Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The oh fukk factor was still there. Take the previous Michael from Halloween 6 for example, he had a creepiness to him and was intimidating.
tumblr_msf06e7pJj1spkic4o1_400.gif

That's the Michael I felt Loomis was talking about. H20 never captured that.
tumblr_mjp12cCRl41roi22oo1_500.gif

It’s better to me just from a construction standpoint as a flick. I haven’t been afraid of Michael since I was a kid and making him related to Laurie didn’t help. Chasing the strodes didn’t help either. So the mask was indifferent to me at that point. What mattered was story and character and writing and trying to get back to some semblance of a respectable franchise after the mess that was 5 and 6

Hostile

All Star
Daps
:russ: Breh no reason to get bent outta shape over it. Only one horror franchise has kept its continuity. Child’s play. So if you want to be sacred about it then only watch child’s play
There is no Halloween without Danielle Harris.

Why do they keep fukking her over? :mjcry:

Replaced in Halloween 6. Possibly raped by Michael in the Zombie H2 remake
4c0a3c2bccfc1486f0dc01dbd8ef8a34.png

Now this?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah see I don’t care about shyt like that. Was the mask an issue? Sure. Did it take away from the narrative or the suspense or the characters? No. And it felt like scream because Williamson did an uncredited rewrite and scream actually managed to develop its characters before making them knife food which was a lot better than the previous Halloween flicks did
None of the characters in H20 mattered to me more than Jamie Lloyd not even Laurie herself.
Danielle Harris was great especially considering she was like a fukking toddler in that movie.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There is no Halloween without Danielle Harris.

Why do they keep fukking her over? :mjcry:

Replaced in Halloween 6. Possibly raped by Michael in the Zombie H2 remake
4c0a3c2bccfc1486f0dc01dbd8ef8a34.png

Now this?

She was the only person that mattered in Zombie's H2.
She seemed to put more thought and energy into playing a damaged survivor than anyone else even attempted in that film and I was actually moved by her (overly gratuitious) death.
Vice Principal Gamby needs to write a role for her in his movie if he knows whats up.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
None of the characters in H20 mattered to me more than Jamie Lloyd not even Laurie herself.
Danielle Harris was great especially considering she was like a fukking toddler in that movie.

Which makes sense seeing as how you had 2 movies with her and going on her journey. I'm not counting halloween 6 since she was dead and buried. But doing one character right in 2 movies doesn't overshadow doing more than one character right for a whole movie. I get Jamie is the anchor for them shyts but other than her, the rest of them are blank and may as well be like watching paint dry

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Which makes sense seeing as how you had 2 movies with her and going on her journey. I'm not counting halloween 6 since she was dead and buried. But doing one character right in 2 movies doesn't overshadow doing more than one character right for a whole movie. I get Jamie is the anchor for them shyts but other than her, the rest of them are blank and may as well be like watching paint dry
I wasn't even counting 5 though.
Those kids in H20 were all a$$holes.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wasn't even counting 5 though.
Those kids in H20 were all a$$holes.
Those kids in 4 5 and 6 were all a$$holes lol.

Josh hartnetts character and his boy weren’t a$$holes. Neither was his girlfriend or her friend. They were high school kids trying to have some fun while everyone was away. shyt he didn’t even talk back to his moms. They were likable characters