Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
So the opening scenes of Season 2 of Vice Principals had me thinking about this movie a lot it definitely had that Halloweenish vibes the first one had with the overall creepiness of Michael Myers just giving a blank stare with the mask on.

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
Gotta explain that worry because everything I've read plus her showing up doesn't have me worried. Grant it I don't worry about most shyt lol but still

I dont want it to end up like H20...that movie was all kinds of bad, and it was basically just an "event" movie with everything centered around JLC returning

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I dont want it to end up like H20...that movie was all kinds of bad, and it was basically just an "event" movie with everything centered around JLC returning

Different writers. Different studio. Different era. Also I like H20. It had its issues but it’s easily one of the better flicks in the franchise. Grant it that’s not saying much but still better than 4, 5, 6, and everything after it.

But the bigger issue is if they’re doing what I think they’re doing, which is finally undoing Laurie and Michael being related. Kill that shyt immediately please

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
Different writers. Different studio. Different era. Also I like H20. It had its issues but it’s easily one of the better flicks in the franchise. Grant it that’s not saying much but still better than 4, 5, 6, and everything after it.

But the bigger issue is if they’re doing what I think they’re doing, which is finally undoing Laurie and Michael being related. Kill that shyt immediately please

I'll give you 5 and the released version of 6 (the producers cut however im kind of fond of...i think thats better than H20)

But H20 is not better than part 4...you take that shyt back :ufdup:

(and to top it off Dimension replaced the original H20 score...which was actually pretty fukking good. That filler "Scream" music :scusthov: )

Hostile

All Star
Daps

No it is not better than 4.

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth

word thats the first time i ever heard anybody say that shyt.

maybe h20 wasnt all kinds of bad like i said, but it was definitely all kinds of underwhelming.

but maybe carpenter having a hand in this one it will be good no matter what.

Hes one person I wish still cranked out movies.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Easily better than 4. Those movies in the middle are just copies of Friday the 13th. Faceless killer with faceless villains and shyt happening because who cares. H20 at least tries to get back to what Carpenter did in creating real people with real stakes and bringing some thought to the horror movie.

But if you go to the flick just to see people get stabbed and sliced up then yeah 4 is awesome and a fun ride.

Also I’ve got the producers cut on blu ray. It’s better than the theatrical cut but it’s still not that good man

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Easily better than 4. Those movies in the middle are just copies of Friday the 13th. Faceless killer with faceless villains and shyt happening because who cares. H20 at least tries to get back to what Carpenter did in creating real people with real stakes and bringing some thought to the horror movie.

But if you go to the flick just to see people get stabbed and sliced up then yeah 4 is awesome and a fun ride.

Also I’ve got the producers cut on blu ray. It’s better than the theatrical cut but it’s still not that good man
H20 felt more like Scream. And Michael's mask was better in the 4th installment.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
H20 felt more like Scream. And Michael's mask was better in the 4th installment.

Yeah see I don’t care about shyt like that. Was the mask an issue? Sure. Did it take away from the narrative or the suspense or the characters? No. And it felt like scream because Williamson did an uncredited rewrite and scream actually managed to develop its characters before making them knife food which was a lot better than the previous Halloween flicks did

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Yeah see I don’t care about shyt like that. Was the mask an issue? Sure. Did it take away from the narrative or the suspense or the characters? No. And it felt like scream because Williamson did an uncredited rewrite and scream actually managed to develop its characters before making them knife food which was a lot better than the previous Halloween flicks did
The mask did take away for me. Loomis described Michael's eyes as pure evil. When his eyes were exposed in H20, the spook factor went :camby:

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Part 6 was a complete mess, H20 was very disappointing, Resurrection was awful, but I try to watch 4 & 5 every Halloween season (along with 1 & 2). I love those two movies.

Looking forward to seeing this new direct sequel to the first two movies and I'm happy to see H20 & Resurrection getting wiped away.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Homie the spook factor went away long long long before that movie:russ:
The oh fukk factor was still there. Take the previous Michael from Halloween 6 for example, he had a creepiness to him and was intimidating.
tumblr_msf06e7pJj1spkic4o1_400.gif

That's the Michael I felt Loomis was talking about. H20 never captured that.
tumblr_mjp12cCRl41roi22oo1_500.gif