Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
So are they bypassing H20 and the original Part 2 or continuing after the Original Part 2? :hhh::gucci::jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So reading the official synopsis, I have a feeling they're ignoring halloween 2
“Inspired by Carpenter’s classic, filmmakers David Gordon Green and Danny McBride crafted a story that carves a new path from the events in the landmark 1978 film.”

That would be huge. Especially because Carpenter always said making Laruie the sister was a mistake and one he attributes to booze and trying to find a reason to even do a second one. In my opinion, giving Michael a sister humanizes him a bit too much and is the fatal flaw of the series, even if it is my favorite horror franchise.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So reading the official synopsis, I have a feeling they're ignoring halloween 2

That would be huge. Especially because Carpenter always said making Laruie the sister was a mistake and one he attributes to booze and trying to find a reason to even do a second one. In my opinion, giving Michael a sister humanizes him a bit too much and is the fatal flaw of the series, even if it is my favorite horror franchise.

Zombie came along and humanized the fukk outta him with all that white trash BS he was :hhh:

tbh, I didn't hate those movies IF they wasn't called Halloween. They would have been okay horrors for a new franchise.

I wanna see this shyt go back to its roots. I'll be watching the original again sometime before Oct 31

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Zombie came along and humanized the fukk outta him with all that white trash BS he was :hhh:

tbh, I didn't hate those movies IF they wasn't called Halloween. They would have been okay horrors for a new franchise.

I wanna see this shyt go back to its roots. I'll be watching the original again sometime before Oct 31
Humanising horror monsters is the dumbest trope ever.

Only one I didn't actually really mind it done was with jigsaw but that wasn't some later retcon it was an intrinsic part of his character and motivations from day 1.

Like nobody needs to know leatherface family background. shyt is dumb.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Yeah I know breh. One reason those movies don't work for me. But carpenter said he made the mistake first

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
I wont lie...this worries me.

I don't want this movie to end up to be a spectacle. I just want another dope Halloween flick because its been a minute since we got one. I feel like Jamie Lee Curtis might be overshadowing that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wont lie...this worries me.

I don't want this movie to end up to be a spectacle. I just want another dope Halloween flick because its been a minute since we got one. I feel like Jamie Lee Curtis might be overshadowing that.

Gotta explain that worry because everything I've read plus her showing up doesn't have me worried. Grant it I don't worry about most shyt lol but still