Official Black Widow Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They gonna have to do theaters only for upcoming titles. Not enough people are paying $30 on Disney+ and too many people are able to pirate a good copy. That also messed with their weekend box office which saw a 67% drop. Not really typical of a movie like this.

Disney doesn’t get 100% of their Disney+ Premier revenue many sources have told me. On a PVOD release, they have to share ~15% of the revenues with platform providers such as Amazon Firestick, AppleTV+, etc. So that $60M global PVOD huzzah last weekend is really around an estimated net $51M back to Disney. While it’s not as steep as a 60/40 percent split with exhibition, once again, Disney is burning through an ancillary window faster and bound to walk away with less money in the end than they typically would on a regular theatrical release.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy how Marvel hasn't really been able to replicate the Winter Soldier's villain vibe. He was like this generation's Terminator. Now he's a nerfed good guy.

Marvel's got access to money, the best writers in the world, amazing source material, and a character with a built-in fanbase and interesting gimmick and this is the Taskmaster they give us?

We need a new classic recurring villain like Loki. But one that they don't try to immediately turn into a hero. US Agent looked like he was up next (especially after that scene with the shield), but they kinda made him corny in the last episode.
Marvel's lazy with the writing imo.They just sprinkle comedy on top & call it a day.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just came back from seeing this and thought it was pretty solid :ehh:

Agreed the best part of it was the interplay between Natasha/Yelena with Florence Pugh making her mark. I liked David Harbour as well for bringing the comedy.

I'm not too familiar with Taskmaster from the comics, but agree they could have done more with the copying aspect.

Would have liked a few more creative action scenes as well. The reveal of the Red Room was cool.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
It's crazy how Marvel hasn't really been able to replicate the Winter Soldier's villain vibe. He was like this generation's Terminator. Now he's a nerfed good guy.

Marvel's got access to money, the best writers in the world, amazing source material, and a character with a built-in fanbase and interesting gimmick and this is the Taskmaster they give us?

We need a new classic recurring villain like Loki. But one that they don't try to immediately turn into a hero. US Agent looked like he was up next (especially after that scene with the shield), but they kinda made him corny in the last episode.

Magneto and Dr. Doom. They can't screw them up can they?:lupe:

They got Thanos right :whew:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so you DONT like progress??

oL7nIoi.png
Sprinkling black extras into shyt to give off the appearance of progress is not progress

That's the finesse yall keep falling for:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Saw this movie earlier today. It was ok. Not bad but definitely not great either. They should have done more with the taskmaster. Not impressed with that. Action was decent. Felt like there were 2 different movies. First half and 2nd half felt like they had totally different directors. Liked the back story stuff.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Finally seen it. Strong start, and middle, weak finish. I thought both Taskmaster and Big Draco were weak villains, but they did a better job than I thought they would. 7/10 movie.

I wouldn't mind if they made the little sister the new Black Widow going forward, shes pretty good.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
she's literally the only reason the movie was made outside of contractual shyt with Scarlet. this movie only exists to give us a new Black Widow/Thunderbolt member.