Official Black Widow Thread

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Why did they scrap the cameo?
As "Black Widow" director Cate Shortland revealed to GamesRadar+ and Total Film, she and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige did actually have conversations about which characters from the rest of the MCU would appear in the film. However, Shortland and Feige came to a decision together that this was Natasha's movie, and to have any of the other pre-existing Avengers make an appearance would only distract from that.

"We didn't want it to feel like she needs the support. We want her to stand alone," Shortland explained.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I thought it was average. Maybe I need to watch it again.:ehh:

Taskmaster could have been scarier like when Winter Soldier was introduced, the main bad guy had 1 scene.

No one had superpowers:hhh:
Red Guardian had superpowers.
Hes the Russian Captain America.
Yeah, you should watch that shyt again homie.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Black Widow's logo is the same as the symbols on the TVA's elevator doors...

image1-1.png

hourglass-1024x524.png
:gucci: And you added the ellipsis at the end like you really just said something.

Daps
As "Black Widow" director Cate Shortland revealed to GamesRadar+ and Total Film, she and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige did actually have conversations about which characters from the rest of the MCU would appear in the film. However, Shortland and Feige came to a decision together that this was Natasha's movie, and to have any of the other pre-existing Avengers make an appearance would only distract from that.

"We didn't want it to feel like she needs the support. We want her to stand alone," Shortland explained.

I dig that. Maybe if this wasn't the last time we would see the character, it would have been different.

But with this being her swan song, yeah, it needed to be her standalone movie.

It's already bad enough how her death was overshadowed by Tony in the Endgame movie.

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I went into this with no expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. The action was great and I thought the main cast did a good job with the acting. Villians were kinda trash though.

How come the Marvel team couldn't slide this movie in before killing Black Widow off? That's really my only issue.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

oh now they Give a fukk about her standing on her own. She’s been nothing but a plot device the whole time. She should’ve been had a movie. Sounds like cap to me and doesn’t line up with how they even traditionally treated the character.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
You know what I really didnt understand what he was talking about. I thought he was just a drunk old dude in a goofy outfit, I'll try to watch it again sometime.
he didn't do shyt he was just entertainment:russ:
ig they didn't want a super soldier to shine over the widows

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They shouldn't have half assed it. The Disney+ revenue is a worldwide number so only a smaller portion of that is domestic.

They would have probably made more if they just went ahead and did theaters only..

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
This was a decent, but drawn out popcorn film

And why did the young Natasha look like Milla Jovovich?

I guess the first scene is Marvel's take of 'The Americans'

Budapesh

At least they put it out there early why the villain was hidden. Hulk, Thor, etc could've ended this plot in 30mins

Yeah, if he survived that explosion, more than likely so did his daughter. And THAT is when i realized who Taskmaster was

I didn't realize there was so many Black.. Black Widows

Natasha's contact looking like the son of Lionel Richie's

Red Guardian did have funny moments 'Whaaaat?'

Some of those CGI explosion shots were not good

That's the longest decent to the ground ever...

...and you mean to tell me SHIELD couldn't detect the Red Room in the air?

It seems like they were trying to recapture the spirit of Winter Soldier with Taskmaster...but failed

then who would evil iron man be ?
Well they did name drop Crimson Dynamo