Official Black Widow Thread

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
cool overall...seemed like this had a lot more casual swearing than the other MCU films I've seen
kinda predictable (but I think that's the point, since it's not a "new" movie in the universe and BW's origin, sorta)...don't know shyt about BW character or the old bad guy's but I figured his daughter that "died" would probably be Taskmaster

her dad was funny, i :russ: @ when he asked BW if Cap talked about him

has the MCU used that tech how BW and her mom used digital masks?...that shyt was dope

is BW's real mom of any significance? does she try to find her in the comics? that speech the old guy gave about her dying under a tree with "unknown" on the tomb stone seemed like a future story

it's always interesting to see how trailers are cut...some of those trailer scenes are like the last 10 mins of the film

the ending - i'm guessing that ship BW got ties into the other films?

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
cool overall...seemed like this had a lot more casual swearing than the other MCU films I've seen
kinda predictable (but I think that's the point, since it's not a "new" movie in the universe and BW's origin, sorta)...don't know shyt about BW character or the old bad guy's but I figured his daughter that "died" would probably be Taskmaster

her dad was funny, i :russ: @ when he asked BW if Cap talked about him

has the MCU used that tech how BW and her mom used digital masks?...that shyt was dope

is BW's real mom of any significance? does she try to find her in the comics? that speech the old guy gave about her dying under a tree with "unknown" on the tomb stone seemed like a future story

it's always interesting to see how trailers are cut...some of those trailer scenes are like the last 10 mins of the film

the ending - i'm guessing that ship BW got ties into the other films?
Yeah, in Infinity War Cap’s team of outcasts randomly have their own jet. Given that they’re on the run, and say that they’ve been living in motels....it doesn’t quite make sense.

Now it does...sort of.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Good: Fun action, loved the dysfunctional family dynamic, Florence Pugh and David Harbour were both highlights who I can’t wait to see back in the MCU.

The Bad: Aside from a few films (Winter Soldier especially), ScarJo always seems bored in this role and sadly this was another of those performances from her.

The Ugly: Both of the villains were terrible with Taskmaster being the most disappointing aspect of this film.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The Good: Fun action, loved the dysfunctional family dynamic, Florence Pugh and David Harbour were both highlights who I can’t wait to see back in the MCU.

The Bad: Aside from a few films (Winter Soldier especially), ScarJo always seems bored in this role and sadly this was another of those performances from her.

The Ugly: Both of the villains were terrible with Taskmaster being the most disappointing aspect of this film.

ScarJo was the exec producer on this. She knew this was her last movie and probably wanted everyone to shine (she also didn’t want this to go straight to streaming because it would’ve fukked with her money).

And seeing how this happened after civil war, I don’t see how y’all still haven’t realized that the threat level in solo movies isn’t going to be as high as you wanted to be. Otherwise, more hero’s would get involved.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
ScarJo was the exec producer on this. She knew this was her last movie and probably wanted everyone to shine (she also didn’t want this to go straight to streaming because it would’ve fukked with her money).

And seeing how this happened after civil war, I don’t see how y’all still haven’t realized that the threat level in solo movies isn’t going to be as high as you wanted to be. Otherwise, more hero’s would get involved.
Her being EP has nothing to do with her seeming bored to tears in almost every scene.

And the threat level wasn’t the issue with the villains in this movie (solo flicks should should have a more personal scale to them), my issue was that the villains were trash.

Dreykov was a waste of Ray Winstone’s talents as an actor and every decision made with Taskmaster was horrendous. Taskmaster as a character has insane potential that this movie tossed away. If they wanted to have a deadly assassin who didn’t speak and had a connection to Natasha they could’ve used Red Widow instead of the mess they did with Taskmaster.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Taskmaster mimicking the Avengers was like watching a super talented voice impressionist on youtube just say "Hi, I'm *insert name here*" for 10 different people in a 30 second compilation video. ... this is a terrible comparison, but for real, she did shyt and i was like, "that was it? That was her Hawkeye impression?"

oh shyt she shot an arrow like Hawkeye! That's it. She threw a shield! that's it. She did the Black Panther nail thing and it looked ridiculous! That's it. They needed to lean into that a lot more.

why didn't that character get to show off more? the fukk was the decision making there? we barely saw her fight Red Guardian. made no sense. Bucky knife flip was fukkin dope though, but like everything else, it was blink and you miss it.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Her being EP has nothing to do with her seeming bored to tears in almost every scene.

And the threat level wasn’t the issue with the villains in this movie (solo flicks should should have a more personal scale to them), my issue was that the villains were trash.

Dreykov was a waste of Ray Winstone’s talents as an actor and every decision made with Taskmaster was horrendous. Taskmaster as a character has insane potential that this movie tossed away. If they wanted to have a deadly assassin who didn’t speak and had a connection to Natasha they could’ve used Red Widow instead of the mess they did with Taskmaster.
I agree, just felt way too easy, no real struggle.

I did like the first taskmaster scene though on the bridge, was unstoppable there

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

potential for what? In the confines of the actual story, there was only so much you can’t do. The movie was called Black Widow, not Taskmaster. And Dreykov was presumed dead for like half the movie so where was he supposed to pop up and shine. How is someone who is hiding in the shadows and impossible to find going to make some major impact? And he only sent out Taskmaster on certain assignments.

The premise of this movie was simple. Y’all want to make some complicated TENET like plot/story when it wouldn’t have worked with these characters. Y’all have these unrealistic expectations and set yourselves up for disappointment every single time.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
potential for what? In the confines of the actual story, there was only so much you can’t do. The movie was called Black Widow, not Taskmaster. And Dreykov was presumed dead for like half the movie so where was he supposed to pop up and shine. How is someone who is hiding in the shadows and impossible to find going to make some major impact? And he only sent out Taskmaster on certain assignments.

The premise of this movie was simple. Y’all want to make some complicated TENET like plot/story when it wouldn’t have worked with these characters. Y’all have these unrealistic expectations and set yourselves up for disappointment every single time.
So you agree with me that the villains were underwhelming since all of your responses just amount to you juelzing for why they were weak sauce.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
So you agree with me that the villains were underwhelming since all of your responses just amount to you juelzing for why they were weak sauce.

I don’t expect every “super hero” movie to have Heath Leger Joker level villains every time. Sometimes, an adversary is used to advanced the plot and not take over for it. In this movie, the plot didn’t require a major villain to carry it. That’s wasn’t what it was about. What this movie was trying to accomplish?

1. introduce a new black widow to replace Johansson. And everyone said Pugh outshined Johansson so I would assume they nailed it.

2. what was Johansson doing after civil war. Now we know.

3. what happened in Budapest and how did Natasha become a shield agent. Now we know.

The villain was really an afterthought. Even his death was :manny: that’s how much they cared.
Taskmaster was basically a slave who was finally freed and because she didn’t die, can be used again in future shows or movies.