Official Black Widow Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This part of the Deadline article is interesting:

Disney is opening both of its key summer events pics Cruella and Marvel’s Black Widow simultaneously in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access (which is usually $30 a purchase extra for subs) in most Disney+ markets on Friday, May 28 and on Friday, July 9, respectively. Just as the good news was spreading for LA and NYC’s reopening, it’s a sign that the No. 1 studio doesn’t have faith in exhibition just yet. They tried this recently with Raya and the Last Dragon to lackluster B.O. results ($23.4M in the first three weekends), and in this morning’s press release are declaring that movie was a “success” for them without backing any numbers up. Cinemark as well as other exhibitors refused to play Raya given Disney’s stiff deal to them, however, by the studio taking their two most prized pics to Disney+ as well as theaters, it truly twists the arms of exhibitors. Oy. How could exhibition refuse to play such titles?
If Mulan and Raya underperformed on Disney+like all the industry reports have said I wonder why Disney would be moving forward with the same release plan for Cruella and Black Widow?

Unless there is an entirely different internal metric that Disney has for these Disney+ Premium releases that they aren't sharing with the world.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If Mulan and Raya underperformed on Disney+like all the industry reports have said I wonder why Disney would be moving forward with the same release plan for Cruella and Black Widow?

These movies are expensive as hell to produce so the only option Disney+ has is increase the subscription price (remember HBO MAX is $15/Netflix $16) or try to get people to pay extra for the movies they want..

i said it when certain posters were discussing the WB decision that all studios were going to follow suit...

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Surprised they are still doing the premiere access with the pushback to July :ohhh:. Figured they might think more people would have the vaccine by then and more willing to go to the movies.

I would think so too but at the same time summer is the prime time when there will be no vaccine restrictions. So it will still be an iffy period between those getting vaxxed when they can, and those trying to get comfy with going to movies and live events.

I gotta see this in the cinemas tho, just on GP.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Black Widow debuts in theaters and on Disney+ July 9. However, as a Premier Access title, Disney+ subscribers will incur an additional $30 charge for the film, though they'll get continuous access to it for the entirety of their membership to the streaming platform

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Black Widow debuts in theaters and on Disney+ July 9. However, as a Premier Access title, Disney+ subscribers will incur an additional $30 charge for the film, though they'll get continuous access to it for the entirety of their membership to the streaming platform

30 dollars, they can kiss my ass :mjlol:

I'll watch ...my way. :scheme: