Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Killmonger as a coli poster got me dead.

“So y’all sit around while Black people die to protect your fakkit ass rocks?

Y’all ain’t Wakandans y’all are...Wac00ndans.:mjpls:

Let Black folks die while y’all make fancy computers brehs”
Killmonger was a coli militant personified

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I don't necessarily agree with the above. There is almost zero doubt in my mind Magneto and his crew would attempt to join Killmonger, and I could see Killmonger allowing them to join and then plotting to kill them later. Everyone was a means to an end for him
Magneto ain't teaming up with non-mutants, breh.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
All due respect if this wasn't a Marvel film there's no way the turnout would be what it was. If this was a DCEU film for example it would have probably flopped.

This was an unapologetically black movie and it was a great movie but at the same time Marvel has reached a point where they can sell just about any movie. Guardians of the Galaxy for example. They've churned out enough quality that if they put their name on a movie it'll probably do well.

The movie theater I went to was probably 85% white audience. I was thinking to myself as I walked in if this wasn't a Marvel movie most of these people wouldn't be here.

But even among their own properties, this is shining EVEN brighter and higher than some would have anticipated with an all black cast. Also, you saying it would've flopped coming from DCEU is true because DCEU doesn't know what the fukk they're doing and Marvel obviously does.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Most people on this board are just trolling...they are either pro-Black to the extreme where they find reasons to get upset about EVERYTHING. Or they are on the opposite end of the spectrum where where they try to always incite stupid shyt. I’ve never met anyone like this in person, and I refuse to think people are this miserable. So I gotta assume they are just fukking around.
I swear I don't think TLR has ever been as angry about a movie or its viewers as this :dead:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Ava's heart is genuine. I do wonder if she wishes she did the movie though.

Maybe she can direct the first MCU X-Men movie.

I just hope Wrinkle In Time gets similar support. They made it with half the budget of BP so if half the people who see BP see it, it should be profitable.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hollywood has Proud Mary to point to. They also will have a Wrinkle in Time, which I notice is being sold as black. :yeshrug: And they had Birth of a Nation.

Hollywood knows nikkas buy tickets. See Get Out and the historic performance of Straight Out of Compton. Hollywood wants that sweet Chinese money, though.

True superhero movies do sell