Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Most people on this board are just trolling...they are either pro-Black to the extreme where they find reasons to get upset about EVERYTHING. Or they are on the opposite end of the spectrum where where they try to always incite stupid shyt. I’ve never met anyone like this in person, and I refuse to think people are this miserable. So I gotta assume they are just fukking around.
giphy.gif

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Hollywood has Proud Mary to point to. They also will have a Wrinkle in Time, which I notice is being sold as black. :yeshrug: And they had Birth of a Nation.

Hollywood knows nikkas buy tickets. See Get Out and the historic performance of Straight Out of Compton. Hollywood wants that sweet Chinese money, though.
I thought Proud Mary did bad

WIT look like shyt

BOAN also did somewhat bad

SOC did great tho but we know it's LA gangster rap group biopic

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikkas also need to chill out with the T’Challa slander. Maybe this script called for Killmonger to shine a bit. T’Challa was the dopest part about Civil War (I know people have ADD like memories...he killed the role) so Chadwick can definitely play the part. Killmonger is just an interesting character. Let’s hold our judgement on Chadwick after 2 more movies.

momma

All Star
Daps
Something that I think will be super interesting: In the comics, Wakanda has never been successfully invaded. In Secret Invasion, the skrulls failed bigly:
JTmArVQ.jpg

And in the Infinity story arc, the Black Order also try to invade but fail, while other places like NYC, Atlantis, Doctor Strange's place, and X-Men HQ fall:

uJToeaF.jpg

We saw Thanos' army invading Wakanda in the Avengers trailer but I think that'll be the one place where the Avengers win and will become a stronghold while the rest of the world falls

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
The last scene with the black kids, in their urban community...being amazed by that advanced jet, something completely outside of their realm....then ending with the lil kid looking up in amazement at T’Challa, this black man having this jet at his disposal...one of the most important scenes in the movie...

Genius. Inspirational. Thank you Coogler. You’re black excellence in its purest form.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'm not even going to disagree with you.

I'm just saying that on a cursory level...

Carlton = T'Challa

Will = Killmonger

Dudes wanna go to war over that comparison.

No one is calling anyone a c00n or a sell out or anything like that. I'm just talking about how they see their roles in society at large
:skip:

And here I kept myself from tossing out a Martin/Malcolm comparison because I thought that was too much :bryan: