🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Blazed a fat spliff and went to watch with my Kingman

Loved it
My children are from the Kingdom of Lesotho and low key Wakanda reminded me of there
Set on a Mountain tucked away from everywhere else, separate but within South Africa. Has its own Sovereignty but looked on as poor and a non threat even tho they whooped the colonisers butt previously. They even had the blankets they make in Lesotho

Good that they touched on the dynamic between Africans and AA’s
Essentially we are all family but still see each other as “The Other”

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
My children are from the Kingdom of Lesotho and low key Wakanda reminded
the blankets they were wrapped in are from Lesotho culture. It’s another part in there that was of souther Sotho culture but it’s lost on me right now. But they were represented

Edit: never mind. Just read your entire post.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
the blankets they were wrapped in are from Lesotho culture. It’s another part in there that was of souther Sotho culture but it’s lost on me right now. But they were represented

Edit: never mind. Just read your entire post.
Yes definitely
They did their homework well on this

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Blazed a fat spliff and went to watch with my Kingman

Loved it
My children are from the Kingdom of Lesotho and low key Wakanda reminded me of there
Set on a Mountain tucked away from everywhere else, separate but within South Africa. Has its own Sovereignty but looked on as poor and a non threat even tho they whooped the colonisers butt previously. They even had the blankets they make in Lesotho

Good that they touched on the dynamic between Africans and AA’s
Essentially we are all family but still see each other as “The Other”
images

:wow:

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
meh. Enjoyed the music and visuals and seeing a big budget film with 99% black characters, but the plot wasnt doing it for me. I guess because id never read the comic i got caught up in the hype of "trailblaizing, amazing, problack" ect but wasn,t prepared for
the villain to be an AA man from Oakland and Oakland portrayed as acorn projects circa 1992. I thought the CIA and rhodeshian/south african invader/thief would be the antagonists. Didnt realize the "problack" or presenting black people in a positive light was going to apply to Africans only.
Probably will go see it again next week to see if i feel any differently, would have loved to see it in a predominately black theatre.