BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good point breh

For the movie it's fine. And it's not like he's just opening the borders he's just providing guidance to the world .

Nah, I'm not referring to T'Challa's decision to create outreach programs/co-operatives at the end of the film. I was more so speaking about Erik's critique of Wakanda isolationism when it came to slave trade/colonialism/warfare in Africa. I don't think the film did a good job of responding to that from a Wakandan POV, in comparison to the comics which show how multiple goverments/powers/warlords are constantly trying to infiltrate/invade Wakanda for its tech/resources.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Imma be honest. I didn't like it. Ryan Coogler's direction was not for me. Really don't care about anything else.

:ufdup:

Time for a Film Room Neg Train!!!!

terry-tate-pain-train-o.gif

giphy.webp

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
It didn’t feel like a Marvel movie. Matter of fact, I think Marvel gave Coogler WAAAAAAAAAY more freedom than any other director they’ve had.

What really was good, is that they didn’t have the Black Panther just winning nonstop throughout the movie. He went thru tons of adversity!!!! BP had to deal with his father’s death, Wakanda politics, Klaw, Killmonger, relationship stuff, stuff from the past, the decision to let Wakanda stay in the shadows vs going out into the world.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I saw it last night. It was good film and had a great story. I enjoyed seeing it but there are some things I didn't like. After seeing the movie I still feel Chadwick's performance and voice in Civil War was better. The action scenes could of been better too and the CGI was lacking. I know this is Ryan's first big budget movie and he never needed to have a big stunt team & use extensive CGI in his previous movies so I will have to give him the pass. Hopefully he gained a lot of knowledge from this experience and shows improvements on the sequel. I am seeing the movie again this weekend.

Ryan doesn't handle the CGI, ILM does. ILM had to have used the B team on this shyt. Look at the CGI they used in the Infinity War trailer. INFINITELY better. This shyt was looking like X Men Apocalypse at times :scust:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Despite all the prowess and power that Killmonger had, he was just an abandoned Black Boy who wanted his father. I am close to crying on how deep that cuts for us as a people and my own personal story.

It has the perfect balance of comedy and seriousness just like real life, not contrived like the other marvel films.

The film is uplifting, doesn't pander, and treats all the characters with respect, I can't recommend this movie high enough.

Will see it again, but definitely an elite live-action film...

Its an even larger play on the feeling of abandonment African-Americans have on a subconscious level about the Motherland.

When T'Challa says "Why didn't we bring the boy back home?" :damn: The shyt hit me...so much subtext about the relationship between Africans and African-Americans in Killmonger's story.

Daps
bruh ... this is my favorite marvel movie by far. easily one of my favorite films ever made. :wow:

like most echoed ... Killmonger really shined, his backstory and motivation hits home. T'Challa being so conflicted when he found out was also crazy, the fact that he almost died and first thing he asked his ancestors and father is why they left him was :wow: ... honestly T'Chaka did a huge mistake, even if your brother betrayed his mission, you don't resort to killing him when you could easily restrain him with your panther suit and powers. you definitely dont leave his son abondoned after the fact. He could have taken his brother back for trial and Killmonger too, raised him in Wakanda so even if he grew to have conflicting opinions he wouldnt have been as damaged as he was.

The last line he said to T'Challa man ... :wow:

The acting all around was dope. The Dora Milaje, Letika and Lupita, even Serkis as Klaw ... and of course Boseman as T'Challa ... didnt expect them to get this nuanced with the content. Humor wasnt forced either imo.

Could have easily watched another 2 hours of this if the orginal cut being 4hrs report was true.