Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to me MBJ was the star of this flim, and honestly i never felt like he a villian except when he took the throne, but he was just doing to others what has been done to his people and i can respect that

Also was the actor who played BP suffering from a stroke his eyes were all over the place, was that CGI or was something wrong with him :mjcry:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See even with what 23Stapscity said, that was just the tip of the iceberg. There was levels to it, a BIG easter egg for those deep in Black Panther lore

Bucky is White Wolf. In the comics White Wolf was BP's adopted white brother, basically his Loki. He was in charge of all the war dogs/spies and did all the special ops "dirty work", like what Punishers group did in the Netflix series. He had his own suit as well and, like Loki, beefed with BP over tactics and principles. obviously making Bucky that character is a big departure, tho I see the logic behind it given Buck's expertise. but big thing is it's all but saying that the character path for Bucky may be NOT to be the next Captain America but instead be a major character in the BP franchise moving forward

They may have just spelled out his role in the MCU :whoo:
good point breh
Hey Ziggiy, you're a big comic head as well; What do you think about Wakanda's portrayal in the film?

Not visually, but philosophically/intellectually? It's my only (big) issue with it. The comics really give a good illustration for Wakanda's isolation (attempts of invasion from a multitude of countries/peoples, the responsibility of having vibranium), what makes them great, and how that's not solely do to the access to vibranium. Especially in contrast to Erik's critiques to Wakanda.
For the movie it's fine. And it's not like he's just opening the borders he's just providing guidance to the world .

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it yesterday. off the top of mind

• Great movie , almost like a standalone world
  • Reminded me of more OG Star Wars, storylines, nuances, characters, world building
  • Killmonger is the most driven vilain we have seen cmb. Angry smart, motivated, skillful. he used and disposed everyone to get back home and take the throne. He was more darth vader than joker imo.
  • Coogler is a genius, he was able to balance a dozen agendas and gives us a great film. nearly inpossible to do.
  • Great acting from everyone, great subtle lines all over the place.

Going to gave to see it again. Young Erik response to his dad about tears

:mjcry:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nope. Just Civil War

This a total standalone gateway film.
You can watch this if you have not seen the other ones.

It does a good job of framing the reference of the past content, of the mcu.
While dually acting as a standalone gateway film and property, expertly well.

Art Barr

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Despite all the prowess and power that Killmonger had, he was just an abandoned Black Boy who wanted his father. I am close to crying on how deep that cuts for us as a people and my own personal story.

It has the perfect balance of comedy and seriousness just like real life, not contrived like the other marvel films.

The film is uplifting, doesn't pander, and treats all the characters with respect, I can't recommend this movie high enough.

Will see it again, but definitely an elite live-action film...

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopefully we won't have to wait 3 years for a sequel. Namor in the sequel? :jbhmm:
:jbhmm:
c71aca7846d759ba2263456dd03173ec--panther-nation-black-panther.jpg
latest

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I saw it last night. It was good film and had a great story. I enjoyed seeing it but there are some things I didn't like. After seeing the movie I still feel Chadwick's performance and voice in Civil War was better. The action scenes could of been better too and the CGI was lacking. I know this is Ryan's first big budget movie and he never needed to have a big stunt team & use extensive CGI in his previous movies so I will have to give him the pass. Hopefully he gained a lot of knowledge from this experience and shows improvements on the sequel. I am seeing the movie again this weekend.
Any CGI issues is on the many different teams that do the work outside of Marvel Studios. They send that shyt off and it's up to those people to make it look good. It's not the directors fault. And almost all of the MCU movies have been criticized for CGI, but especially full suited heroes like Spiderman and Iron-Man. The Russos got the same criticism in Civil War.

And with Marvel pumping out around 3 movies a year, they don't give the houses the time to really let that shyt cook.