Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think that has more to do with Chadwicks lack of choreographed fighting skills :manny: Doesn’t seem like Coogler would be like aight chadwick go out there and look weak....could be wrong :yeshrug:

That's two times false since among the main acting cast, Chadwick had the most extensive fighting/martial arts experience and also, I've peeped damn near every online review and loads of user comments/semi-reviews and there's rarely any mention of BP being shown as a lackluster fighter in the movie, one or two even started that he kicked too much ass, which I'm sure is also off considering that one of the common elements of most reviews is that the action overall takes a backseat.

The main thing I've deduced from all these reviews is that the women are getting pumped up more than usual for a comic/action flick in comparison to men, which is about on equal footing here, which is rare in general and has folks being hyperbolous a bit towards them (the women's action scenes). In some reviews, I'm hearing/reading that they (women) got the more grand/dynamic action sequences, which seems intentional to show that the women were every bit as capable as the men.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Shoutout to all the dudes that said Michael B. Jordan wasn’t a believable villain :mjlol:

How can he be a villain with THAT line?

in a Disney movie.

The real villain is represented by the response to T'Challa at the UN. Not Erik. Subtext is supertext.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Comic references. I don't actually say what got referenced
Also as a BP fan that always defended Jungle Action it was nice to see all the callbacks to it. I feel like it was the run that got the most direct references in the movie followed by the Priest work. They even used a dialogue from Hickman's New Avengers

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
DV7qzQGVMAAuRcd.jpg

#BlackExcellence

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
How can he be a villain with THAT line?

in a Disney movie.

The real villain is represented by the response to T'Challa at the UN. Not Erik. Subtext is supertext.

Breh, as sympathetic as he is dude was a villain. This breh said:

that the innocents and kids would get it too :francis:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
What he say?

He said that in this day and age black people should be careful when they assume that only white people are profiting off shyt like this. He dropped some names of corporate people and producers who are black, that the average person wouldn't know exists. He said that's kind of like a 'self-racism' that the person who makes that criticism can't even imagine a person of color being behind the scenes.

He also said people should just get over it, and that people should realize movies are commercial products that we CHOOSE to support (or not).