Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
this has better cinematrogphy
Better villain
Better ost

Only thing I could give winter soldier is better action

I agree, that's why I still have Winter Soldier up there with this. They really dropped the ball with that final fight, I think it's because of

Chadwick's lack of fighting skills, it was also obvious in the trial fights that there was a double doing his moves - whereas Mike B Jordan was fighting forreals.

Can't think of any other reason.

Another strength for BP over WS is that BP really stands on it's own. You don't need to see any of the previous flicks to fukk with this.

Barbados Slim

All Star
Daps
My thoughts, not very long:

General

The film overall was well shot and well acted! I saw something that said it was a bit of a slow starter, and it did take a while to grip me, but when it did I was locked in!

Much like other views, Jordan stole the show with Killmonger - there were shades of Magneto (mutants first) in his approach Blacks vs the World; I think if he was real, he would've been a Coli poster! I likened his performance to Mahershala Ali's Cottonmouth in Luke Cage - you connect with him and you feel like you know he's right, now matter how militant he is about it.

His first pronouncement in the throne room where he reveals himself was nicely set up and i felt the tension coming through. After Killmonger beats him in ritual challenge I was in slight shock - which is a testament to the performances of the whole cast in that scene, given that we knew full well T'Challa was gonna survive cause of IW trailer.

Ever since I left the movie I been walking around saying "I'm ya King now!" :birdman:

Also, I was slightly concerned at the end that Killmonger might be redeemed into thinking he was wrong to have done what he did...but he didn't and I'm glad - he stood by his principles and his final line of "bury me in the ocean with the slaves" was kinda chilling in it's delivery.

Cultural
It's nice and it's not overkill. Costumes are amazing and more importantly the array of beautiful black hair styles portrayed is :ohlawd:, male and female.

Danai Gurira's portrayal of General Okoye was straight fire - and her defiance at having to wear a wig when on a spying mission was an obvious and worthwhile shot at black female hair culture and identity.

And the Dora Milaje....:banderas:...They're on that 300 Spartans level of fighting -when they try and take down Killmonger, was an epic piece of fighting!

That final battle overall, was great and when W'Kabi squares off with Okoye and stops to survey and see all the tribes people fighting, it's an obvious sentiment to the internal struggle among our people, male and female.

I genuinely have no gripes with this movie, Coogler and the cast lived up to the hype and the film currently sits in my top 5 of the MCU (will probably move up as I'm doing the whole one film a week until IW and re-ranking). But regardless of the MCU, the film stands strong alone as just an enjoyable film.

:salute:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

giphy.gif

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Ok then “agbada” and the only clown is you, doing way to much because people decided to wear “agbada” to a premier. People are obviously doing It not as a form of disrespect but to embrace the culture .
lol miss me with the name calling kid you are clearly not african which is why you see nothing wrong with what they did. Its like a ashley tyler type walking around with straight european like hair and rosey red blusher for 364 days of the year but on mlk day she decides to rock no make up, wear an afro, black turtle neck and leather pants, screaming black power, its lame and insincere as fuk.

"Dashiki" :hhh:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thoughts, not very long:

General

The film overall was well shot and well acted! I saw something that said it was a bit of a slow starter, and it did take a while to grip me, but when it did I was locked in!

Much like other views, Jordan stole the show with Killmonger - there were shades of Magneto (mutants first) in his approach Blacks vs the World; I think if he was real, he would've been a Coli poster! I likened his performance to Mahershala Ali's Cottonmouth in Luke Cage - you connect with him and you feel like you know he's right, now matter how militant he is about it.

His first pronouncement in the throne room where he reveals himself was nicely set up and i felt the tension coming through. After Killmonger beats him in ritual challenge I was in slight shock - which is a testament to the performances of the whole cast in that scene, given that we knew full well T'Challa was gonna survive cause of IW trailer.

Ever since I left the movie I been walking around saying "I'm ya King now!" :birdman:

Also, I was slightly concerned at the end that Killmonger might be redeemed into thinking he was wrong to have done what he did...but he didn't and I'm glad - he stood by his principles and his final line of "bury me in the ocean with the slaves" was kinda chilling in it's delivery.

Cultural
It's nice and it's not overkill. Costumes are amazing and more importantly the array of beautiful black hair styles portrayed is :ohlawd:, male and female.

Danai Gurira's portrayal of General Okoye was straight fire - and her defiance at having to wear a wig when on a spying mission was an obvious and worthwhile shot at black female hair culture and identity.

And the Dora Milaje....:banderas:...They're on that 300 Spartans level of fighting -when they try and take down Killmonger, was an epic piece of fighting!

That final battle overall, was great and when W'Kabi squares off with Okoye and stops to survey and see all the tribes people fighting, it's an obvious sentiment to the internal struggle among our people, male and female.

I genuinely have no gripes with this movie, Coogler and the cast lived up to the hype and the film currently sits in my top 5 of the MCU (will probably move up as I'm doing the whole one film a week until IW and re-ranking). But regardless of the MCU, the film stands strong alone as just an enjoyable film.

:salute:

OeVv4Bd.gif
Now that's some real shyt!

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Idk what it is about Grace but she always ends up saying something that’s like wtf.

Marvel's a thorn in her side.Not saying Marvel's perfect, but she always makes sure to find a way to hate

on anything they do over there.While at the same time, I've seen her stay positive/"look for the silver lining/coddle

shyt films from other companies.I "get it" on a superficial level, but with her, it's a lil more extreme.

She's out to prove to Marvel/Disney "Your shyt does stink!
SkinnyConstantBoilweevil-max-1mb.gif
"

Don't want em getting too big headed over there

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:

A lot of people saying BP, himself, was weak as a character and as a fighter. That his action scenes in suit aren't good. He doesn't appear to be the best fighter in Wakanda.etc

I dunno brehs, this is sounding a lot like Coates take on the character.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
lol miss me with the name calling kid you are clearly not african which is why you see nothing wrong with what they did. Its like a ashley tyler type walking around with straight european like hair and rosey red blusher for 364 days of the year but on mlk day she decides to rock no make up, wear an afro, black turtle neck and leather pants, screaming black power, its lame and insincere as fuk.

"Dashiki" :hhh:
If y’all don’t neg this man :damn: he been bytchin for two damn years!

:patrice:

A lot of people saying BP, himself, was weak as a character and as a fighter. That his action scenes in suit aren't good. He doesn't appear to be the best fighter in Wakanda.etc

I dunno brehs, this is sounding a lot like Coates take on the character.
One I saw said michonne was never afraid to question her king :sas2: I’ll have to see myself but yeah the vast majority of the reviews been big uppin everybody but my boy chad

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
The thumbnail is a cartoon monkey, why would you even post this

The person that made the video screen name is called Ranting Monkey, that's the reason why the monkey is there. I didn't know it was an offensive/hater video until I watched it. The reason I posted was to show people in the forums how some people are hating on the BP film/fans online. That's it. The same thing, some other posters have done in this same thread.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel's a thorn in her side.Not saying Marvel's perfect, but she always makes sure to find a way to hate

on anything they do over there.While at the same time, I've seen her stay positive/"look for the silver lining/coddle

shyt films from other companies.I "get it" on a superficial level, but with her, it's a lil more extreme.

She's out to prove to Marvel/Disney "Your shyt does stink!
SkinnyConstantBoilweevil-max-1mb.gif
"

Don't want em getting too big headed over there

She used to work for Marvel but got fired...She also has a reputation of burning bridges wherever she goes because she's a psycho.