Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DT reviewing it now. Should be on YT tomorrow morning.
Screenshot_2018-02-13-22-24-02.jpg

Screenshot_2018-02-13-22-21-53.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
THIS !! Wakandans in the truest form don't give a damn about the outside world, didnt like the idea that they had to pander to that, for Eric it works, others not so much

I didn't necessarily think it was pandering, it just felt like Coogler was a bit misguided. Right from the opening scene taking place in Oakland, 1992 of all places I felt that Coogler put the African-American struggle over the African struggle. Instead of praising and celebrating Wakanda's independence in a white man's world, he uses it as a vehicle for a struggle closer to his own.

Killmonger and his ideas certainly have a place in this story, but while he is dropping relatable hard-hitting Malcolm X-style quotables one after another, T'Challa has no rebuttal and only appears disillusioned and disappointed by Wakanda's history. It's here where Coogler fails to see the bigger picture and realize that the African struggle is the root of all black struggle, and that Wakanda is the Africa that was stolen centuries ago.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't necessarily think it was pandering, it just felt like Coogler was a bit misguided. Right from the opening scene taking place in Oakland, 1992 of all places I felt that Coogler put the African-American struggle over the African struggle. Instead of praising and celebrating Wakanda's independence in a white man's world, he uses it as a vehicle for a struggle closer to his own.

Killmonger and his ideas certainly have a place in this story, but while he is dropping relatable hard-hitting Malcolm X-style quotables one after another, T'Challa has no rebuttal and only appears disillusioned and disappointed by Wakanda's history. It's here where Coogler fails to see the bigger picture and realize that the African struggle is the root of all black struggle, and that Wakanda is the Africa that was stolen centuries ago.
I posted about this last week, the movie as much as I liked it was very much an Americanised money thru the lens of an African-american

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Wow, this was a real one :wow:

Only MCU film fukking with this is Winter Soldier. I'm probably a bit biased because of the complexion but fukk it, shyt was just great. Such a dope villain.

My only gripes:

The final T'Challa/Killmonger fight was like 99% cgi, and not even the great kind. At times it felt like two ragdolls going at it. The first fight + Killmonger vs the Dora's was way better.

Overal 9.5/10.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'll offer up a rebuttal soon I see the movie..

Cause I get the feeling something is being missed not necessarily left out. :patrice: We'll see.

Code

Banned
Daps
I think Winter Soldier will always be #1 for me just cause they made a corny character badass

I expect this to be #2 all time mcu movies

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
There is nothin called a dashiki in africa you clown. And i guess the ill effects of colonialism hasnt led to africa romanticizing western culture right?

Moron

Ok then “agbada” and the only clown is you, doing way to much because people decided to wear “agbada” to a premier. People are obviously doing It not as a form of disrespect but to embrace the culture and yet here you a whining and moaning like
a hoe because black people decided to wear African attire.