Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Brehs..does the movie really start slow is that just white audiences not caring about black world building :jbhmm:

It does start off slow and there's a lot of dialogue but i LOVED it because it was all my culture and people, i could hear all the white people fidgeting and murmuring tho, they couldn't feel the soul :wow: shyt was beautiful.. i was like the only black guy shouting out gleefully.. i was tryna make them cacs uncomfortable with my black boy joy

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Yea that’s how I feel about this, as much as I’d love every review to be a flawless positive review.

As a black person, I don’t and wouldn’t wanna come off weak responding to and crying about ever few bad review it get. Cuz then it comes off as we are whining and bytching. And we start to get looked at funny.

Can’t give that any energy back and it don’t make us look weak to no sell the bullshyt as long as the bullshyt ain’t excessive and don’t get out of hand

Martha
. Hell I'm ok with people not liking the movie. HIs reasoning just irked me. I also hate that every lead especially black lead must be some flawed character. That perception that he must be flawed in order to be likable or relatable is dangerous imo. Its not IMPOSSIBLE.

I'm just talking tho :manny:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I liked the movie although it has its issues. I think my biggest problem with the movie is that Coogler uses a movie about African ancestry and culture to talk about social themes of black America, which feels strangely backwards considering it therefore brushes over the fact that Black Panther basically treasures an Africa untouched by colonialism. To put it simple, Coogler offers social commentary too American for its roots.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I liked the movie although it has its issues. I think my biggest problem with the movie is that Coogler uses a movie about African ancestry and culture to talk about social themes of black America, which feels strangely backwards considering it therefore brushes over the fact that Black Panther basically treasures an Africa untouched by colonialism. To put it simple, Coogler offers social commentary too American for its roots.

THIS !! Wakandans in the truest form don't give a damn about the outside world, didnt like the idea that they had to pander to that, for Eric it works, others not so much

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
First of all you gonna have to name your ethnic group if you want to make this complaint because there is no such thing as an uniform African culture
ahhh so the very principle of my statement can not stand on its own. I need to be from say congo and as black as don cheadle's neck for my comments to be authenticated? Got it.
So why don't you teach us instead of talking down?
Not talking down trying to enlighten but the ignorance and c00nery is staggering, like how is it dumb to be offended by individuals wearing traditional african attire as more or less a prop? Shyt like that is why the world hates americans.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Ignore him the post was stupid and he should be embarrassed by it. Hell even Africans ain’t rocking dashikis daily.
There is nothin called a dashiki in africa you clown. And i guess the ill effects of colonialism hasnt led to africa romanticizing western culture right?

Moron