The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So they changed the color grade :dame:
K5FkLvv.png

AbK5yHI.png

tumblr_p3azsqwwvj1w8xetso1_1280.jpg

Also anybody that posts spoilers or at least not in a spoiler tag should be banned until the movie comes out :manny::hubie:

The one and only thing about this movie that's of somewhat concerning to me is that in every scene showing him thus far is that MBJ looks to be talking thru his teeth BIG time, with these pictures further accentuating that point. Makes me concerned if he's going to be trying too hard to be tough and whatnot. Then again tho, in the books, Killmonger came off often to me as a bit of a 'Try Hard' type of dude, so perhaps its suiting for MBJ to play him that way, lol.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The one and only thing about this movie that's of somewhat concerning to me is that in every scene showing him thus far is that MBJ looks to be talking thru his teeth BIG time, with these pictures further accentuating that point. Makes me concerned if he's going to be trying to hard to be tough and whatnot. Then again tho, in the books, Killmonger came off often to me as a bit of a 'Try Hard' type of dude, so perhaps its suiting for MBJ to play him that way, lol.

Thats the thing about try hard roles. He can technically be doing the character correct, but people can have problems with how it lands.

I think the last few tv spots MBJ's been much better in it tho :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Avoid posting spoilers, is the rule of The Film Room.

This isn't for my benefit, I'm reading all the spoilers as soon as they're available. But people tend to blow up my Alerts for these kinds of things, so take into account that other people might want to go into the movie completely blind.

However, a movie of this size....if people want to discuss the movie after the reviews, impressions, etc. then post all that stuff in spoiler tags. Just be careful.

Fred.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Jay Washington done whined himself into seeing the movie tonight :russ:

Is he about to step to him tonight :ohhh:

Campea just put out this video recently

I think Jay is just being sensitive on this one. :manny: @Bigbigguy

I think Campea is right. :kanyebp:

It seems that he gets the point...that one of the main aspects of "white privilege" is the ability to be "colorblind". Minorities--especially Black people in the US--don't have that ability.

As a black man, I am constantly aware of my race, simply due to having to adjust my behavior or speech based on the social setting, so as not to appear suspicious or threatening.

White people think of themselves as just "people"; their race only comes into view when contrasting themselves with other races. Because of this, you get a lot of white people saying "race shouldn't matter, just make good movies".

That's true in one sense, but they have a blind spot as to how many films have a lily-white male protagonist, and few, if any, black characters in major roles. So when a film such as Black Panther comes along, their attitude is "why is this such a big deal?" :snoop:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay Washington done whined himself into seeing the movie tonight :russ:

Is he about to step to him tonight :ohhh:

Campea just put out this video recently

I think Jay is just being sensitive on this one. :manny: @Bigbigguy

Campea usually addresses fans questions and concerns in his streams. Chances are the title of his video most likely came from a question that was thrown his way and not his actual opinion.

Campea has been excited for BP for a while now, and it does come off as genuine.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Guest list for the premiere:

0sk8u0ugcyc01.jpg

Agent Whedon's on the list :wow:

Martin Lawrence too :wow:

Last edited: