My only complaints the trailers seem boring

I have faith in the director tho creed was dope as fukk especially the intro

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Here's the guy doing the score for Black Panther - Ludwig Göransson. He's basically worked with Coogler on all of his movies since film school. I hope he and Coogler bring that heat for the BP flick.

Ludwig Göransson - IMDb

damn we bout to have a blassic. ludwig the young gawd gave creed that historic score, i know he gonna bless us again

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Fans pick 'Avengers,' 'Black Panther' as 2018's most-anticipated films in Fandango poll

Avengers: Infinity War is near and moviegoers are eager for the battle to begin.

The long-hyped coming together of all the Marvel superhero forces (in theaters May 4) tops Fandango.com's list of 2018's most-anticipated movies, followed by Black Panther and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. The ticket site surveyed more than 8,000 visitors who described themselves as frequent moviegoers.

Here are the complete survey results:

Most anticipated movie:

1. Avengers: Infinity War (May 4)

2. Black Panther (Feb. 16)

3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (June 22)

4. Untitled Deadpool sequel (June 1)

5. Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25)

6. Incredibles 2 (June 15)

7. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Nov. 16)

8. A Wrinkle in Time (March 9)

9. X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Nov. 2)

10. Ocean’s 8 (June 8)

Most anticipated comic-book character in a standalone movie

1. Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther (Black Panther)

2. Jason Momoa as Aquaman (Aquaman)

3. Tom Hardy as Venom (Venom)

4. Sophie Turner as Jean Grey/Phoenix (Dark Phoenix)

5. Evangeline Lilly as The Wasp (Ant-Man and the Wasp)

Most anticipated movie villain

1. Josh Brolin as Thanos (Infinity War)

2. Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald (The Crimes of Grindelwald)

3. Michael B. Jordan as Erik Killmonger (Black Panther)

4. Jessica Chastain as the yet-to-be-revealed villain (Dark Phoenix)

5. Nick Castle as Michael Myers (Halloween)

Rising female movie star

1. Danai Gurira (Black Panther)

2. Storm Reid (A Wrinkle in Time)

3. Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2)

4. Olivia Cooke (Thoroughbreds, Ready Player One)

5. Pixie Davies (Mary Poppins Returns)

Rising male movie star

1. Alden Ehrenreich (Solo)

2. Winston Duke (Black Panther)

3. Tye Sheridan (Ready Player One)

4. Levi Miller (A Wrinkle in Time)

5. Charlie Heaton (The New Mutants)

We finna do some numbers :wow:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
He might be the new Vegeta :wow:

He gon get a cult following and have youngins arguing BP vs Killmonger in school cafeterias for years to come :ohlawd:

He's more Magneto imo :cacpls: It would be kinda dope if they developed killmonger more as an anti-villain foil for T'challa as time goes on, showing some character development, I wouldn't mind a one-shot comic dedicated to exploring Kilmonger, humanizing him away from being just a one-note villain for T'challa. I think he should have a "walk the world" kind of story, where we get to see Kilmonger shine on his own, and find himself, (reinvention?). Even Bane and Bruce reconciled and became close acquaintances.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
He's more Magneto imo :cacpls: It would be kinda dope if they developed killmonger more as an anti-villain foil for T'challa as time goes on, showing some character development, I wouldn't mind a one-shot comic dedicated to exploring Kilmonger, humanizing him away from being just a one-note villain for T'challa. I think he should have a "walk the world" kind of story, where we get to see Kilmonger shine on his own, and find himself, (reinvention?). Even Bane and Bruce reconciled and became close acquaintances.

That's honestly what i'm hoping for. And I'd like for him to be a Deathstroke level equivalent where he's known and feared by the rest of the MCU due to essentially being Black Panther level formidiability but with more guns/ heavy artillery than T'Challa's energy blasts and vibranium based stuff.

And yea, give him a mini, introspective arc, or just guest appearances where he really becomes a presence. So i'm hoping MBJ kills it in the role, to set it up

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

DSIZGSTWsAECxwc

DSKZaqtVoAADNVv.jpg

That's honestly what i'm hoping for. And I'd like for him to be a Deathstroke level equivalent where he's known and feared by the rest of the MCU due to essentially being Black Panther level formidiability but with more guns/ heavy artillery than T'Challa's energy blasts and vibranium based stuff.

And yea, give him a mini, introspective arc, or just guest appearances where he really becomes a presence. So i'm hoping MBJ kills it in the role, to set it up
Michael B. Jordan who's playing the main antagonist in Black Panther decided to learn from these two actors. In an interview with Empire, Jordan admitted that he tried to reach their golden status with his take on Killmonger: "You see performances as an actor, and as a fan - you look at Heath Ledger's performance, say, in The Dark Knight, and it's like, "Wow". I want to try to get something like that. You want Michael Fassbender's Magneto. Just trying to find my place amongst those roles, and strive for that, even if I don't make it".

A summary of the Empire article from HEF
Nate Moore did say that they made sure the story of Black Panther is standalone, especially after Civil War and its events.

Ryan Coogler, having never been to the African continent, took his family to South Africa to get a feel of what an African country is like. He stated that African nations and Africans in film are either used as plot devices, or their cultures are misrepresented in ways that are offensive or inaccurate. Ryan wanted to be as authentic as possible because of this.Ryan, Moore, and Martin Freeman all iterated that Black Panther had to be a good movie and story above everything else. While Ryan Coogler felt immense pressure having to represent an entire people, he also said he made sure he didn't over think it, and said that making Black Panther a good movie was the best way to represent Africans.

Chadwick Boseman's on-set team consisted of his dialect coach, musicians and an old drummer friend, martial artist Marrese Crump and choreographer Aakomon Jones, from Get On Up. There might be a sequence where T'Challa had to dance?

MBJ mentioned Heath Ledger's Joker and Michael Fassbender's Magneto as performances he looked up to as a fan and actor for preparation for his role as Killmonger.

Chadwick Boseman said Black Panther had to be grounded in real clothing, real music, real science, real dance, and real everything that comes from the African continent to make the film compelling, and T'Challa had to be well-rounded mentally, physically, and spiritually to make him not just a compelling superhero or king, but a compelling human being and man. He believes that the film and his character can relate to not just Black people, but all people.

Martin Freeman said he didn't want Ross to be just a comedic character.

Daniel Kaluuya said W'Kabi and his border tribe look very humble, but have a militaristic aspect to them as they protect Wakanda from outsiders.

Coogler said Black Panther explores what it means to be African through music, clothing, language, production design and the colour and structure of buildings and walls, and through the ugly stuff conflict, and weapons.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Jacked this from Superherohype.com

A summary of the Empire article from HEF

Nate Moore did say that they made sure the story of Black Panther is standalone, especially after Civil War and its events.

Ryan Coogler, having never been to the African continent,
took his family to South Africa to get a feel of what an African country is like. He stated that African nations and Africans in film are either used as plot devices, or their cultures are misrepresented in ways that are offensive or inaccurate. Ryan wanted to be as authentic as possible because of this.

Ryan, Moore, and Martin Freeman all iterated that Black Panther had to be a good movie and story above everything else. While Ryan Coogler felt immense pressure having to represent an entire people, he also said he made sure he didn't over think it, and said that making Black Panther a good movie was the best way to represent Africans.

Chadwick Boseman's on-set team consisted of his dialect coach, musicians and an old drummer friend, martial artist Marrese Crump and choreographer Aakomon Jones, from Get On Up. There might be a sequence where T'Challa had to dance?
Angela Bassett said Ramonda and T'Challa are still in mourning, but she's stepped up as his mother to help his transition to king.

MBJ mentioned Heath Ledger's Joker and Michael Fassbender's Magneto as performances he looked up to as a fan and actor for preparation for his role as Killmonger.

Chadwick Boseman said Black Panther had to be grounded in real clothing, real music, real science, real dance, and real everything that comes from the African continent to make the film compelling, and T'Challa had to be well-rounded mentally, physically, and spiritually to make him not just a compelling superhero or king, but a compelling human being and man. He believes that the film and his character can relate to not just Black people, but all people.

Martin Freeman said he didn't want Ross to be just a comedic character.

Daniel Kaluuya said W'Kabi and his border tribe look very humble, but have a militaristic aspect to them as they protect Wakanda from outsiders.

Coogler said Black Panther explores what it means to be African through music, clothing, language, production design and the colour and structure of buildings and walls, and through the ugly stuff conflict, and weapons.