Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New Mutants is out in April, and they've apparently been testing it for a few weeks now(if Twitter is to be believed). It could easily be either one.

Also, all of us (including myself) need to keep in mind test screenings are not always indicative of the final product. There have been bad films with good test screens and good films with bad test screens. All depends on the edit they decide to go with.

There's also a huge difference between test screenings and fan screenings.

Fan screenings are usually where they bring in a bunch of fans and friends of people who made the movie. Those are always positive. a prime example would be the ones for Fan4stic and Green Lantern.

Test screenings are usually a mix of fans and casual movie goers. You get a good mix of people who are predisposed to liking the film and just random people. Usually when a film tests well during those screenings they go with the edit they've shown. When reaction to those screenings are mixed you either don't hear about them or you hear about reshoots to add or take away things from the film (examples being Dr Strange adding more humor and Thor: The Dark World adding more Loki)

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fan screenings are usually where they bring in a bunch of fans and friends of people who made the movie. Those are always positive. a prime example would be the ones for Fan4stic and Green Lantern.

Test screenings are usually a mix of fans and casual movie goers. You get a good mix of people who are predisposed to liking the film and just random people. Usually when a film tests well during those screenings they go with the edit they've shown. When reaction to those screenings are mixed you either don't hear about them or you hear about reshoots to add or take away things from the film (examples being Dr Strange adding more humor and Thor: The Dark World adding more Loki)

True. I think Marvel uses the friends and family format for their screenings.

What kinda sucks is that usually the most successful cuts are the ones with more humor. It's generally easier to please an audience with laughs than drama. Thus, why a lot of these films have quite a bit of comedy in them.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

What kinda sucks is that usually the most successful cuts are the ones with more humor. It's generally easier to please an audience with laughs than drama. Thus, why a lot of these films have quite a bit of comedy in them.

I thought there were reports a couple weeks ago that early screenings for Black Panther were very positive? Granted it was one of those youtube comic news sources that i heard it from.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They're not going to add more humor to this film and I honestly don't understand why y'all are worried about that. Black Panther is not that type of character and the film had been described as a political action thriller since day one.

The humor in the movie will be like what we got in Winter Soldier or what we get in the Daniel Craig Bond flicks.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought there were reports a couple weeks ago that early screenings for Black Panther were very positive? Granted it was one of those youtube comic news sources that i heard it from.

There were reports of early screenings being positive, but some people are not worried those reports are misleading.

Like I said, some people are just looking for shyt to be worried about even though everything we've seen and heard has pointed towards us getting a great film.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
shyt! historically i think the only Avenger T'Challa even LIKES is Steve.
some of yall worried about humour?
:deadmanny:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
tumblr_p0maqgy7LI1w8xetso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p0maqgy7LI1w8xetso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p0maqgy7LI1w8xetso3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p0maqgy7LI1w8xetso4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p0maqgy7LI1w8xetso5_1280.jpg

Yo that blue Black Panther habit is flames :ohhh:

Killmonger's mask is fierce :wow:

Okoye :salute:

Nakia tho ::takedat:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There were reports of early screenings being positive, but some people are not worried those reports are misleading.

Like I said, some people are just looking for shyt to be worried about even though everything we've seen and heard has pointed towards us getting a great film.

I just remember seeing one tweet about a singular test screening weeks ago, not multiple, were there more held?

and I'm really trying to keep a level head about the film. I'm excited of course, but not overly confident like I see a lot of people are about it. I see people already have this on their list of best CBMs of all time and I'm like :whoa:. The film certainly has the talent and the right tools tho. We'll see.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Outside of youtube being on some bullshyt with the 2nd trailer promotion (or lack thereof:mjpls:), I'd say everything has been all that we could've hoped for and more. Near flawless execution. I got no complaints and i stay away from the negative energy, which I advise other people do too, b/c there's always gon be some dummy who makes a tweet or youtube comment tryna stir up something. From Feb through May we'll be witnessing one of the greatest black cinematic experiences of all time, we aint got time to be distracted by the bullshyt.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I just remember seeing one tweet about a singular test screening weeks ago, not multiple, were there more held?

and I'm really trying to keep a level head about the film. I'm excited of course, but not overly confident like I see a lot of people are about it. I see people already have this on their list of best CBMs of all time and I'm like :whoa:. The film certainly has the talent and the right tools tho. We'll see.

I think we're all going to find it as very good to great.

There will be haters that will nitpick shyt if every corner isn't perfection.

"It was too long"
"I hate double ganger villains"
"Marvel formula"
"Chadwick's accent"
"Not a "real" african country"
"I hate Michael B. Jordan"
etc etc.

But who cares. Long as they bytchasses paid to watch it. lol

jackson35

Banned
Daps
You're all over the place.

You went from talking about the comics and now you've shifted to the MCU.

We haven't seen Infinity War yet so we have no context whatsoever for anything we've seen. So the whole "He should stay in Wakanda and not be in New York" complaint doesn't even apply to that, and they're damn sure not distancing him from his African roots in the MCU.

As for Ross and the Avengers, again, we have no context at all. For all we know they've all gone to HIM for help.
You're all over the place.

You went from talking about the comics and now you've shifted to the MCU.

We haven't seen Infinity War yet so we have no context whatsoever for anything we've seen. So the whole "He should stay in Wakanda and not be in New York" complaint doesn't even apply to that, and they're damn sure not distancing him from his African roots in the MCU.

As for Ross and the Avengers, again, we have no context at all. For all we know they've all gone to HIM for help.
ok we can apply to comics and movie, if shuri and panther is tech savvy, they don't need stark, if wakanda has never been colonized then t'challa doesn't need the avengers, from day one, we are being led see him more as a super hero and less as a king. his association with ross,the avengers, is totally hurting the reason we we are checking him

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok we can apply to comics and movie, if shuri and panther is tech savvy, they don't need stark, if wakanda has never been colonized then t'challa doesn't need the avengers, from day one, we are being led see him more as a super hero and less as a king. his association with ross,the avengers, is totally hurting the reason we we are checking him

What you're saying still doesn't make much sense.

In the comics T'Challa doesn't need Ross' help. Ross is just there because he was assigned by the U.S. Government to accompany T"Challa while on U.S. soil. That's something that happens with EVERY head of state. T'Challa ended up keeping him around because he took a liking to him and he felt bad that he got Ross demoted.

In the film we don't know the context of Ross' role in the film.

As for the Avengers in the MCU, again, we don't know the context of their involvement, you're just assuming he went to them for help when it very well could be the other way around. Also, they're not dealing with just any other threat, it's fukking Thanos with a partially formed Infinity Gauntlet and the Black Order. We already know that they lay waste to Xandar which is the home of the Nova core.

At this point you're basically arguing that T'Challa shouldn't be a part of the MCU and shouldn't interact with other heroes because he's above it all. Even in the comics T'Challa makes alliances with other heroes and nations.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I get wanting to temper your expectations, but sometimes yall start talking about red flags that don't exist.

Like I said, pretty much everything we've seen and heard about this movie has been exactly what we wanted. The stuff yall are worried about is always something that happened with some other MCU film that you think is going to happen with this one.

One thing that can be said about the more underwhelming MCU films is that when they were in production there were rumblings of problems.

There haven't been any reports of problems with the production of Black Panther. In fact the buzz surrounding it is similar to what existed before Winter Soldier was released. Marvel was super confident in that movie, was touting it as a game changer, and an important film to the MCU. They're saying all the same things about Black Panther.