jackson35

Banned
Daps
Those things didn't happen because Bucky escaped before they could, he was only in custody for a few hours at most. I think he was treated according to his royal status because if he hadn't been royalty he would have been arrested for breaking international law.

I also want to address a point from your last post that I glossed over. Once T'challa took his mask off everyone knew who he was, before that they had no way of knowing. They didn't know much about Wakanda and that's by design, so they were unaware of the Black Panther mantle.
Those things didn't happen because Bucky escaped before they could, he was only in custody for a few hours at most. I think he was treated according to his royal status because if he hadn't been royalty he would have been arrested for breaking international law.

I also want to address a point from your last post that I glossed over. Once T'challa took his mask off everyone knew who he was, before that they had no way of knowing. They didn't know much about Wakanda and that's by design, so they were unaware of the Black Panther mantle.
agent ross was suppose to shut that shyt down. tchalla is not suppose to brought in to a police station. tchalla and any other African dignitary is not suppose to go thru shyt like that. the dora milage should have gutted those cops for even touching him. t'challa is not suppose to the only one seeking blood, the whole wakandian millitary is suppose to go toe to to toe for killing t chakka. notice they made this shyt about stark parents but not about panther father

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
agent ross was suppose to shut that shyt down. tchalla is not suppose to brought in to a police station. tchalla and any other African dignitary is not suppose to go thru shyt like that. the dora milage should have gutted those cops for even touching him. t'challa is not suppose to the only one seeking blood, the whole wakandian millitary is suppose to go toe to to toe for killing t chakka. notice they made this shyt about stark parents but not about panther father

You seem to forget that 1. Bucky was innocent and 2. there was no one to go to war with. This wasn't an attack by a nation, this was a lone terrorist who needed to be found before any allies could be named and attacked.

As long T'challa could have ordered his people to attack blindly but that wouldn't be in line with the character or the secretive nature of his nation.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
You seem to forget that 1. Bucky was innocent and 2. there was no one to go to war with. This wasn't an attack by a nation, this was a lone terrorist who needed to be found before any allies could be named and attacked.

As long T'challa could have ordered his people to attack blindly but that wouldn't be in line with the character or the secretive nature of his nation.
right which leads to my point= these cacs wrote a script where the black panther is just like cap and his other super hero peers, and he's not. dora milage would never let them walk in a building white securing the premise first. hell farrakhan security team don't let walk into no building with checking it first. hell his fruit of islam team held back secrect service, the cops everyone from going near him. the doras have no excuse

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Four of Black Panther's most iconic creators are reuniting with the character for a new Black Panther Annual #1 coming out this February. Don McGregor, Christopher Priest, Reggie Hudlin, and Ken Lashley are working on stories for the anthology - along with Daniel Acuna and several more artists to be named later.

"I had wanted to do this opening sequence for years, but hadn’t determined how to pull it off," McGregor told Newsarama of his new story. "But I figured out a way to do it, and do something that focuses emotionally on T’Challa and the people around him – some of them being characters readers liked back when I was writing Black Panther regularly. This turned into what I’m calling 'Panther’s Heart,' with Wakanda’s heart-shaped herb being one of the meanings for the title of the story. But for the story itself, I go into more detail about the heart-shaped herbs and how they’re used.

BLACK PANTHER ANNUAL #1
DON McGREGOR, CHRISTOPHER PRIEST & REGGIE HUDLIN (W)
DANIEL ACUNA, KEN LASHLEY & MORE (A)
Cover by DANIEL ACUNA
Variant Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
LEGENDARY PANTHER WRITERS RETURN!
Three legendary BLACK PANTHER writers return to Wakanda! Don McGregor’s famous storyline “The Panther’s Rage” has become one of the most well-respected runs in comic book history. Now, the author who redefined Wakanda for a generation is back to expand the mythos! Bearing the heart-shaped herb that defines the Panther legacy, King T’Challa leaves his beloved country for a heart-wrenching mission in the streets of New York. Then: For half a decade, comics legend Christopher Priest made his mark on the Panther. The acclaimed writer returns with an all-new story – and with it, of course, U.S. State Department employee Everett K. Ross! And finally, no Panther history would be complete without Reggie Hudlin, author of more than 50 Black Panther stories, including the famed “Who Is The Black Panther?” Don’t miss the sequel to his “Black to the Future” story, featuring original artist Ken Lashley!

McGREGOR, PRIEST, HUDLIN, LASHLEY Back For New BLACK PANTHER Stories

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
What yall think for the MCU? cape or no cape? I think the cape would slow him down in the movie. Too many people would say he's too much like Batman.

dimz_blackpanther_art_illustration_freelance.jpg
No cape. Cape for something ceremonial but not when he's about to go throw hands.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Four of Black Panther's most iconic creators are reuniting with the character for a new Black Panther Annual #1 coming out this February. Don McGregor, Christopher Priest, Reggie Hudlin, and Ken Lashley are working on stories for the anthology - along with Daniel Acuna and several more artists to be named later.

"I had wanted to do this opening sequence for years, but hadn’t determined how to pull it off," McGregor told Newsarama of his new story. "But I figured out a way to do it, and do something that focuses emotionally on T’Challa and the people around him – some of them being characters readers liked back when I was writing Black Panther regularly. This turned into what I’m calling 'Panther’s Heart,' with Wakanda’s heart-shaped herb being one of the meanings for the title of the story. But for the story itself, I go into more detail about the heart-shaped herbs and how they’re used.

BLACK PANTHER ANNUAL #1
DON McGREGOR, CHRISTOPHER PRIEST & REGGIE HUDLIN (W)
DANIEL ACUNA, KEN LASHLEY & MORE (A)
Cover by DANIEL ACUNA
Variant Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
LEGENDARY PANTHER WRITERS RETURN!
Three legendary BLACK PANTHER writers return to Wakanda! Don McGregor’s famous storyline “The Panther’s Rage” has become one of the most well-respected runs in comic book history. Now, the author who redefined Wakanda for a generation is back to expand the mythos! Bearing the heart-shaped herb that defines the Panther legacy, King T’Challa leaves his beloved country for a heart-wrenching mission in the streets of New York. Then: For half a decade, comics legend Christopher Priest made his mark on the Panther. The acclaimed writer returns with an all-new story – and with it, of course, U.S. State Department employee Everett K. Ross! And finally, no Panther history would be complete without Reggie Hudlin, author of more than 50 Black Panther stories, including the famed “Who Is The Black Panther?” Don’t miss the sequel to his “Black to the Future” story, featuring original artist Ken Lashley!

McGREGOR, PRIEST, HUDLIN, LASHLEY Back For New BLACK PANTHER Stories
Hudlin sucks.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fitting a standalone Black Panther movie into the MCU was a challenge for Coogler at first because to him, the film’s hero T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) has everything going for him. “In a way, I thought it was going to be tough, because I’m not sure I like this dude,” said the Creed director. “He’s so different from what I am used to. But through the process of making the film and working with Chad and trying to explore and find ownership in it, I’m incredibly attached to this character now.”

This jumped out to me. It's interesting that out of all of BP's Black creators, the only one who actually loved the character going in was Hudlin.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That is weird.

You gotta think about that it.

A lot of us didn’t grow up with many positive images of black males, let alone superhero’s. Even the late 90’s Blade films weren’t “superhero” movies as much as they were “antihero” movies.

The ONE positive black male hero we got on screen was Will Smith, as he was more “cool and hip” than he was regal.

We got two black heroes in animation. Static Shock and John Stewart, who were superb but still grounded in some sort of reality..

Now here comes Black Panther. A character who wasn’t really pushed that much during his early days save for the token black guy. Priest gave him a MUCH needed face lift but that was in the late 90’s, DECADES after the character had been introduced.

So you’ve got a generation of you black People (males in particular) who haven’t been exposed to much in the way of black heroics. Then they see a black man, who is not only a hero but a KING of the most technologically advanced nation on earth. Who can go toe to toe with Iron Man, Captain America, and Spider-Man, and also OUTHINK them...

I’m sure it can be kind of overwhelming to see such an unabashedly bad ass version of black fantasy.

Coates himself has admitted as much. For all of his supposed “wokeness” he couldn’t appreciate Black Panther and approach the character without attempting to “fix” him (meaning strip of him of his confidence, self assuredness, and nobility) and make him into a more “human” (meaning castrated of his established characterization) character.