Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The way Hudlin used her was cool.

...be careful what you wish for breh. :ld:

She has her fans for a reason

I can assure you, the strong majority of Shuri fans aren't fans of her because of her appearance in "Who is the Black Panther" or even "Back to Africa" lol

I have no problem with Shuri doing Wakandas tech just leave the BP stuff to T'challa

T'Challa has to deal with the aftermath of his father and former king dying, a previously exiled Wakandan causing havoc at home, M'Baku flexing his influence, and a outsider starting problems from the outside once more, on top of assuring his people that he has things under control.

He has his hands full. Thus, he delegates. Every (good) head of state delegates big tasks to qualified people. Ensuring the survival of the King of Wakanda when he's on the field via creating a stronger, more durable suit is a big task.

For the record, if it were up to me I wouldn't make Shuri one of the top scientists in Wakanda and would've made T'Challa the top scientist in the land. But considering the circumstances of the plot, the context of what happened in Civil War, and the fact that T'Chaka lived as long as he did (T'Chaka living long = no debate on who's the next BP, T'Challa had next. Shuri has to focus on something else), I understand why it was done from a narrative standpoint.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Also lets say in BP3 they decide to do a plot that T'challa can't be BP for a while. Shuri will essentially be female T'challa.

Coates writes her like that which is another reason I don't like his Shuri.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Also lets say in BP3 they decide to do a plot that T'challa can't be BP for a while. Shuri will essentially be female T'challa.

We have very little idea what type of Shuri we'll get, the movie hasn't dropped yet. Biggest difference so far is that she doesn't appear to be into being a BP and is a top scientist, which is a major shift from the comics. But again, what direction that will send her is still speculation.

Coates writes her like that which is another reason I don't like his Shuri.

Completely disagree with the bold. If anything, Coates followed elements of Mayberry Shuri and Hickman Shuri. His Shuri is a continuation of those two.

Marberry Shuri threatened to wipe out the Desturi if they didn't surrender.

Coates Shuri threatened to wipe out the MAs and their village if they didn't surrender.

Hickman Shuri = Nation > Everything. Even banned T'Challa for what she perceived as treason.

Coates Shuri = Nation > Everything. Even told the women who were kidnapped that their well-being and feelings aren't more important that the stability of Wakanda.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
We have very little idea what type of Shuri we'll get, the movie hasn't dropped yet. Biggest difference so far is that she doesn't appear to be into being a BP and is a top scientist, which is a major shift from the comics. But again, what direction that will send her is still speculation.

Completely disagree with the bold. If anything, Coates followed elements of Mayberry Shuri and Hickman Shuri. His Shuri is a continuation of those two.

Marberry Shuri threatened to wipe out the Desturi if they didn't surrender.

Coates Shuri threatened to wipe out the MAs and their village if they didn't surrender.

Hickman Shuri = Nation > Everything. Even banned T'Challa for what she perceived as treason.

Coates Shuri = Nation > Everything. Even told the women who were kidnapped that their well-being and feelings aren't more important that the stability of Wakanda.
in other words white writers writing stupid narratives about black women warriors abandoning black male warrior over some bizarre eurocentic tradition

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
in other words white writers writing stupid narratives about black women warriors abandoning black male warrior over some bizarre eurocentic tradition

Ummmm...I don't understand your post. Can you elaborate?

Also...did you read Doomwar and New Avengers breh? :ld:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
he can't be that ineffective because A he founded the jla B he designed the building and the equipment that they will be using in the film. people will be introduce to his tech prowess. tchalla is a sovereign king who was treated like a regular ****** from harlem.

tchalla wasnt king in civil war. he was out on a revenge mission. the most the public saw of him was when he was chasing bucky. noone is tripping about his treatment because weve seen him fukk shyt up throughout the entirety of the movie and even then, they couldnt touch him at the end, he just went home. how is that like any regular nikka from harlem

Jards

All Star
Daps
was he not being driven to be question about the incident at the tunnel? you remember when ask cap how long can you stop me from killing your friend for killing my father
FOH - while Cap & Falcon was couped up in the interrogation room getting their shield and bird suit confiscated BP was lounging with his feet on the desk in the best office in the building :camby:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Brehs and brehettes...is that a prototype Hatute Zeraze suit in the international trailer? :whoo:

IMG_0118.jpg

jackson35

Banned
Daps
FOH - while Cap & Falcon was couped up in the interrogation room getting their shield and bird suit confiscated BP was lounging with his feet on the desk in the best office in the building :camby:
that's nice, why is a wakandian monarch being taken into custody? do you undestand? the police can not interfere in his pursuit of bucky because he has diplomatic immunity, that means= you can't question me, you cant cuff me, you can't take me into custody, all they can do is get out of his way because that's the law. civil war was only interested in showing the panther as a superhero rather then a sovereign official.