Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The difference between BP and Cyborg is that black kids can actually look up to Black Panther because he fits the bill for a superhero. He is MORE than human. Superior Strength, Intelligence, with confidence and nobility to match.

Cyborg on the other hand is LESS than human. He’s a disabled freak whose more machine than human. What black kid would actually want to look up to that? He’s the worst type of token. The kind whose very existence is an insult to black fans.

Batman is super rich, intelligent, with Ninja Skills and the charisma to charm any woman he comes across

Superman is the strongest being alive. He’s also humble, kind, and represents the best of white humanity

Wonder Woman is basically Superman for women. She’s a feminist’s dream come true. An intelligent kick-ass Goddess who needs no man to save her.

The Flash is the fastest man in the world. With a fun goofy charm and above average intelligence.

Aqua Man is royalty of a badass undersea kingdom. He can breathe under water, has inhuman strength, and a cool weapon.

Cyborg is a fukking machine. An unholy freak of robotics, wires, and battery. He is depressed because of this. He has no love interests because he’s a goddamn MACHINE. He is neutered, pathetic, unheroic, and uninteresting. He is literally the WORST possible choice to pair with 5 other heroes who have established rogues galleries, legendary feats, and love interests. You could have had the Gawd John Stewart (lord knows Hal Jordan has flopped enough) whom Dwayne Mcduffie handed to you on a silver platter. Black Lightning, Mr. Terrific, Vixen, literally ANYBODY other than Cyborg’s wack ass.

NOBODY looks up to Cyborg. Because he is a character that by very definition is one to pity instead of root for.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The difference between BP and Cyborg is that black kids can actually look up to Black Panther because he fits the bill for a superhero. He is MORE than human. Superior Strength, Intelligence, with confidence and nobility to match.

Cyborg on the other hand is LESS than human. He’s a disabled freak whose more machine than human. What black kid would actually want to look up to that? He’s the worst type of token. The kind whose very existence is an insult to black fans.

Batman is super rich, intelligent, with Ninja Skills and the charisma to charm any woman he comes across

Superman is the strongest being alive. He’s also humble, kind, and represents the best of white humanity

Wonder Woman is basically Superman for women. She’s a feminist’s dream come true. An intelligent kick-ass Goddess who needs no man to save her.

The Flash is the fastest man in the world. With a fun goofy charm and above average intelligence.

Aqua Man is royalty of a badass undersea kingdom. He can breathe under water, has inhuman strength, and a cool weapon.

Cyborg is a fukking machine. An unholy freak of robotics, wires, and battery. He is depressed because of this. He has no love interests because he’s a goddamn MACHINE. He is neutered, pathetic, unheroic, and uninteresting. He is literally the WORST possible choice to pair with 5 other heroes who have established rogues galleries, legendary feats, and love interests. You could have had the Gawd John Stewart (lord knows Hal Jordan has flopped enough) whom Dwayne Mcduffie handed to you on a silver platter. Black Lightning, Mr. Terrific, Vixen, literally ANYBODY other than Cyborg’s wack ass.

NOBODY looks up to Cyborg. Because he is a character that by very definition is one to pity instead of root for.
your right if they want it a tech base super hero they should have went with Mr. Terrific he would been a good fit. I dont what DC where thinking choosing Cyborg over him.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

To be fair, though, there are a lot of disabled kids out there, who probably feel less than whole. I imagine a character like Cyborg would speak to them.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
The world is big enough for both Black Panther and Cyborg. I'm sure there are plenty of young Black kids out there that connect with Cyborg. My issue is that a lot of these tweets by DC fans are disingenuous. It all boils down to them being angry a character from their brand isn't getting any hype. This isn't about supporting Black heroes in general.

If Black Panther was at DC in Cyborg's place and vice versa, these same people would be shytting on Cyborg and bigging up BP.
I fuking hate Teen Titans cyborg but yeah with the right characterization and plot i can see cyborg being great. The storyline is full of depth dealing "am i really alive element with him being disabled "

DOYgez-VwAAOuBh

jackson35

Banned
Daps
To be fair, though, there are a lot of disabled kids out there, who probably feel less than whole. I imagine a character like Cyborg would speak to them.
cyborg would represent the tech side of the story line. i don't know where you get the notion that he's the worst considering that one of the smartest and popular characters in dc

parallax

Superstar
Daps
cyborg would represent the tech side of the story line. i don't know where you get the notion that he's the worst considering that one of the smartest and popular characters in dc

smartest and popular? his most popular incarnation is nothing like him. and do we have a current dc genius ranking?

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The world is big enough for both Black Panther and Cyborg. I'm sure there are plenty of young Black kids out there that connect with Cyborg. My issue is that a lot of these tweets by DC fans are disingenuous. It all boils down to them being angry a character from their brand isn't getting any hype. This isn't about supporting Black heroes in general.

If Black Panther was at DC in Cyborg's place and vice versa, these same people would be shytting on Cyborg and bigging up BP.

I think Marvel would have reinvented him to appeal better in the movies and I think that lowkey is what some peoples issues with Cyborg are DC were not smart enough to do this and in the end have made his Movie incarnation look terrible.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The issue with Cyborg is that they've made him WORSE over the years. Most people loved Cyborg in the Teen Titans, and his friendship with Beast Boy was one of the all time great ones in comics.

Things weren't a problem until Geoff Johns decided to have Vic "graduate" to the Justice League while at the same time erasing his entire history with the Titans. On top of that Johns was the one who came up with the bright idea to make Vic appear even less human than he was before.

Cyborg can be a popular character and he was popular for a time, but Johns fukked him up with the New52 garbage which is now the version everyone draws inspiration from.

Like someone else said, this is all because Johns didn't want to give John Stewart a spot on the league because of his man crush on Hal Jordan.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
smartest and popular? his most popular incarnation is nothing like him. and do we have a current dc genius ranking?
we don't know. the movie is not out yet. we don't need a current ranking, because he would not be a part of that circle if he was not a genuis.

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta

:picard: That ether, that shyt that make your soul burn slow.

Lol I actually like Cyborg in the context of Teen Titans, but John Stewart would've been a way better fit for Justice League just because of his more well known tenure in it with both the cartoons and comics.

Cyborg just feels forced into JL because they didn't trust the Green Lantern brand and they didn't want to be accused of being racist for having no black heroes. And I'd be cool with it if we get some sort of solid character development in his intro. Marvel was able to introduce both Spidey and Black Panther in Civil War without taking up a large chunk of the movie and it worked. If DC can pull that off, then props. But they got three cats they have to do that with now (Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg).

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
5 perfect white heroes and a crippled black one....

F U C K that

That's rather reductive, no? Do you mean physically perfect because Batman has always been flawed to me. He's a rich orphan who pushes away any romantic interest because he prioritizes talking to his butler and fighting crime late at night in a bat costume. I mean clearly dude is struggling with some things.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
:picard: That ether, that shyt that make your soul burn slow.

Lol I actually like Cyborg in the context of Teen Titans, but John Stewart would've been a way better fit for Justice League just because of his more well known tenure in it with both the cartoons and comics.

Cyborg just feels forced into JL because they didn't trust the Green Lantern brand and they didn't want to be accused of being racist for having no black heroes. And I'd be cool with it if we get some sort of solid character development in his intro. Marvel was able to introduce both Spidey and Black Panther in Civil War without taking up a large chunk of the movie and it worked. If DC can pull that off, then props. But they got three cats they have to do that with now (Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg).
john stewart is great, but he is a hot head and that won't work in a superhero group. cyborg has leadership qualities

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
john stewart is great, but he is a hot head and that won't work in a superhero group. cyborg has leadership qualities

If they followed the JLU version of John Stewart isn’t a hot head. He is the DEFINITION of a leader. He is also humble, heroic, and confident in his abilities.

Cyborg a leader:laff: