IMG_9972.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg
The best ones:wow:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did Coogler confirm he consulted with Coates? It's not a stretch to assume he may have some insight into the film or at least the direction it's in.

He never "consulted" they're friends and they've just talked about the film. Coates is not a screenwriter and he has no background in filmmaking. He's also not the definitive Black Panther writer or a long time fan of the character. Why would Coogler consult Coates about the film?

Non fiction writing, comic book writing, and screen writing are all very different things.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Did Coogler confirm he consulted with Coates? It's not a stretch to assume he may have some insight into the film or at least the direction it's in.
Maaaan, all I know is Coogler confirmed that Priest was the run they pulled largely from to make this movie but they took parts/paid homage to all other writers as well.

So i'm not sure i understand what all this 'consulted' talk is even for that i hear from time to time, it comes across like scrapping for a moral victory to say that a writer wasn't completely ignored. Well no writer was ignored but the movie is founded on one specific writer's iteration of the character (Priest), which is a bit different than claiming the movie is influenced by Tanehisi... as if the movie isn't also "influenced" by Hudlin, and McGregor, and Kirby, and Hickman... and Priest above all else.

And Tanehisi is as new to the mytho as Ryan is :pachaha:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Will probably have Serkis and Freeman with Black Panther/Kilmonger wearing their full costumes on the poster.
China weird. They love themselves some black NBA players but were instantly :mjpls: with Finn... but yet will watch the ish outta a Will Smith movie.

I get the feeling they'll rock with BP and will view T'Challa closer to Will Smith/Stephon Marbury than John Boyega.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The Russo's didn't need to CGI this suit so much in Civil War. The original product made by Ironhead Studios is great already. I am wondering what Coogler will do to enhance the suit in post production in the solo movie.

tumblr_oz53qborTa1w8xetso1_1280.jpg

It's my favorite design. Tho i'm curious on what that vibranium blue one will look like. not the purple one we see at the end of the trailer, but i've seen the toys for that blue version with the glowing eyes.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Yea, Ta-nehisi is just another Jason Aaron and Mayberry to us (i.e. AvX/Doomwar writers) but black. We've had bad writers before and good writers (Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss) and inbetweens (Hickman) and the criticism/praise is pretty consistent as far as the why. Only difference with ta-nehisi's stuff is it so happened to occur at the time the character was introduced to the MCU and became mainstream, but since he's so unknown there are a lot of fake intellectuals in the (social) media trying to spit game about the mytho, but they lack any source material other than what's currently on the shelves.

Goes back to what we talked about earlier as far as the coverage of the movie by these "comic" experts.
I wouldn't even put Aaron in that category. He wrote one of the best BP stories and his T'challa is usually great.

Avx was editorially mandated garbage

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He never "consulted" they're friends and they've just talked about the film. Coates is not a screenwriter and he has no background in filmmaking. He's also not the definitive Black Panther writer or a long time fan of the character. Why would Coogler consult Coates about the film?

Non fiction writing, comic book writing, and screen writing are all very different things.

Consulted is probably the wrong word, but it sounds like he is very confident about the film and has some insight so I wondered if it was confirmed he did have interaction with Coogler. But I guess if they really are friends, then that pretty much answers that question.