Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
LI1Behl_zpsogpxta20.png

Heeeelllll naw :dead:

Man Ape and Shuri's look awesome.:whoo:

Everest Ross's poster is gonna be what china uses to promote the film. Bet :pachaha:

Yooooo that could happen :russ:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who would win in a fight between Priest Panther vs. Hudlin's Panther :patrice:

Priest's Panther was pretty much a master tactician. I haven't read Hudlin's run in a while so the feats in that one are not as vivid, I do know he had the Ebony Blade and Thrice Blessed Armor though which might give him a bit of an advantage.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Priest's Panther was pretty much a master tactician. I haven't read Hudlin's run in a while so the feats in that one are not as vivid, I do know he had the Ebony Blade and Thrice Blessed Armor though which might give him a bit of an advantage.
I read a post on another forum that said "Hudlin's Panther would win the the fight, but it would be part of Priest's Panther's plan." :russ:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Bigbigguy @Mic-Nificent been said this.

But people were pushing hard for a narrative that said otherwise. Give Coogler and, lowkey, Joe Robert Cole credit for scripting what will likely be the best iteration of the character and of Wakanda. Cinematic masterpiece on deck :myman:

Too many of the people that like Coates run think his shyt is the end all be all. It's the only Panther stuff they've read, so they credit him with creating and influencing shyt he had nothing to do with.

Coates said last year that he had nothing to do with the movie.

Coogler and Boseman said years ago that they mostly drew inspiration from the Priest run.

People need to read Priest, Hudlin, and McGregor. Start giving props to the architects.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Too many of the people that like Coates run think his shyt is the end all be all. It's the only Panther stuff they've read, so they credit him with creating and influencing shyt he had nothing to do with.

Coates said last year that he had nothing to do with the movie.

Coogler and Boseman said years ago that they mostly drew inspiration from the Priest run.

People need to read Priest, Hudlin, and McGregor. Start giving props to the architects.
Yea, Ta-nehisi is just another Jason Aaron and Mayberry to us (i.e. AvX/Doomwar writers) but black. We've had bad writers before and good writers (Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Liss) and inbetweens (Hickman) and the criticism/praise is pretty consistent as far as the why. Only difference with ta-nehisi's stuff is it so happened to occur at the time the character was introduced to the MCU and became mainstream, but since he's so unknown there are a lot of fake intellectuals in the (social) media trying to spit game about the mytho, but they lack any source material other than what's currently on the shelves.

Goes back to what we talked about earlier as far as the coverage of the movie by these "comic" experts.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is pretty much it. Most folks crediting Coates for everything are more-so the atlantic readers than comic readers, let alone black panther. It was funny to see watching c-span last year how writers suggested how much they loved Coates run, even though they don't read comics much at all. I'm not knocking Coates though for this. :yeshrug:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Bigbigguy @Mic-Nificent been said this.

But people were pushing hard for a narrative that said otherwise. Give Coogler and, lowkey, Joe Robert Cole credit for scripting what will likely be the best iteration of the character and of Wakanda. Cinematic masterpiece on deck :myman:

Did Coogler confirm he consulted with Coates? It's not a stretch to assume he may have some insight into the film or at least the direction it's in.