Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Well, they'll probably do private screenings around then :troll:
Gotta keep them screening details on the low :whoa:

Some brehs gon have no fukks. Showing up with no tickets or invitation anyway like :birdman:
zobGuue.gif

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
:what:

I'm going by the stats straight from Marvel....if we start going by who won what fight in their own respective comics all logic goes out the window. The title character is going to win because he's, well....the title character. There was literally zero chance BP was going to lose against a random skrull....are you serious breh?:mjlol:

Fred.

I'm going by the fact that Black Panther can match everything Cap has, plus he got all kinds of mysticism on his side, plus BP is just a badass as a straight up human. Cap would put up a nice little fight but at the end BP wouldn't even be phased. And the "random skrull" had Cap's powers. :umad: How come he aint just use Caps powers to put hands on T'Challa? :dead:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It's crazy how the trailer still isn't trending on YouTube. I'm seeing videos and trailers on there with 100k-800k views trending while BP has over several million.
I think the main youtube Marvel vid got way less views through the first week through this time than the teaser trailer.

Something up with youtube. However, this is why you don't choose some average Vince Staples song for the trailer. I've seen other black people on forums tuned out by the music. :snoop:

So many classic hip hop songs you could have chose from. :mindblown:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the main youtube Marvel vid got way less views through the first week through this time than the teaser trailer.

Something up with youtube. However, this is why you don't choose some average Vince Staples song for the trailer. I've seen other black people on forums tuned out by the music. :snoop:

Music isn't the reason hits aren't like they were with the teaser. People have to tune in first and for some reason this one hasn't gotten as many clicks. They should have advertised it first like they did the teaser.

and it's just trailer music. It matters more if you're digging the images presented to you. A lot of people love the trailer despite hating the music.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Music isn't the reason hits aren't like they were with the teaser. People have to tune in first and for some reason this one hasn't gotten as many clicks. They should have advertised it first like they did the teaser.

and it's just trailer music. It matters more if you're digging the images presented to you. A lot of people love the trailer despite hating the music.
You're right they should have advertised it better. There was no real momentum built up for it.

But the MUSIC can make or break the trailer for people. A GREAT song keeps you coming back to watching the trailer and sometimes when the word is out about the song you'll keep checking for the vid.

That Led Zep song was a classic helped Thor's repeated viewings. Cause its kind of like watching a visual representation of a song you've heard about for a long time. At least RTJ song was catchy and caught on.

Suicide Squad benefitted like hell from having that Queen song in it.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right they should have advertised it better. There was no real momentum built up for it.

But the MUSIC can make or break the trailer for people. A GREAT song keeps you coming back to watching the trailer and sometimes when the word is out about the song you'll keep checking for the vid.

That Led Zep song was a classic helped Thor's repeated viewings. Cause its kind of like watching a visual representation of a song you've heard about for a long time. At least RTJ song was catchy and caught on.

People complained about the RTJ song too.

I guess I'm different in that I can usually tune the music out if I'm not feeling it, and just focus on the visuals. The Staples/Heron mix would have not been my choice, but I don't hate it, I actually have come to like it after multiple watches. The instrumental/beat is great(the techno goes along well with the futuristic setting of Wakanda), it's just the vocals that throw things off.

Also, I wouldn't worry about anybody being turned off by the trailer, they'll probably still end up watching the film anyway.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Don't matter what sing you choose if it's hip hop, a large portion of the audience is on that (c)rap wave.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

Vince staples album was dope :stopitslime:

You’ll have ninjas nitpicking everything about this just like Straight outta Compton and Creed. The only recent black movie that brehs didn’t nitpick the fukk out of was Get Out

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
YouTube kinda buried the trailer for some reason. I even saw dudes on reddit noticing that

It probably got most of it hits off Twitter. It gets significantly more retweets and likes over other marvel stuff over there

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's being overstated just how many people were "Turned off" by the music. I've seen plenty of people in reaction vids say that they loved the music choice. In fact I can only think of two reaction vids I've seen that complained about the music.

I know Tyrone Magnus is one of them. He complained about the RTJ track as well.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

It's crazy how the trailer still isn't trending on YouTube. I'm seeing videos and trailers on there with 100k-800k views trending while BP has over several million.

This ridiculous oversight only proves that the YT trending list is rigged. Still pisses me off though.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
People complained about the RTJ song too.

I guess I'm different in that I can usually tune the music out if I'm not feeling it, and just focus on the visuals. The Staples/Heron mix would have not been my choice, but I don't hate it, I actually have come to like it after multiple watches. The instrumental/beat is great(the techno goes along well with the futuristic setting of Wakanda), it's just the vocals that throw things off.

Also, I wouldn't worry about anybody being turned off by the trailer, they'll probably still end up watching the film anyway.
And that should never happen.

I saw ZERO complaints about the Kendrick Lamar Comic Con trailer. Most said the " I got loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA" bits were hitting hard in that trailer and at another event.

Now thats just 6000+ people but still. The Staples joint isn't a bad song...It just wasn't a match.

We can say the visuals are amazing, but acknowledge they dropped the ball with the music.

As I've said before at least people went to go check out the RTJ track cause it fit better. Some still complained, but the common theme I saw was people preferred the RTJ track over this.