Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
i wanna bytch about the whole "hero fighting his clone" shyt they've done 10 times, but i can't. Everything about this (except the shytty posters) has been fukkin legit so far.

People are picking and choosing when they wanna complain about the "Hero fights his clone" thing.

Logan LITERALLY fought his clone in his last film and nobody said shyt about it.

Same goes for Deadpool with Francis/Ajax having basically the same powers as Wade.

Cap and Bucky are pretty much mirror images of each other in WS.

Some of the most beloved comic book movies do this but now all of a sudden people wanna complain about it? :martin:

Killmonger has his own personality and history and a unique motivation and drive.

Don't see how he's a clone.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I'd read a Killmonger solo series :bpohh:

You think Coates or Marvel is going to bring him back? I'm honestly surpised there hasn't even been a hint of a revival at all by Marvel at this point. Probably waiting until the reception after the movie comes out.

if MBJ nails this role and proves to be a fan favorite among the audiences they might not have a choice but to exploit that newfound popularity. Marvel characters don't stay dead for long if they're popular.

MBJ could honestly add a whole new dimension to the legacy of Killmonger.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You think Coates or Marvel is going to bring him back? I'm honestly surpised there hasn't even been a hint of a revival at all by Marvel at this point. Probably waiting until the reception after the movie comes out.

if MBJ nails this role and proves to be a fan favorite among the audiences they might not have a choice but to exploit that newfound popularity. Marvel characters don't stay dead for long if they're popular.

MBJ could honestly add a whole new dimension to the legacy of Killmonger.
If venom can exist independently of spider man killmonger might could do it too.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
tumblr_oxx9s4xNg11qj16lvo2_1280.gif
I need that shirt now

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Killmonger has his own personality and history and a unique motivation and drive.

Only reason people are saying the "clone" shyt is because he dons a costume similar to T'Challa's in the trailer. shyt is intellectually lazy.

with the right writer, I think Killmonger could hold his own in a solo.

Killmonger should have been a staple of the Thunderbolts YEARS ago. The problem with Black Panther's rogues is that when they appear outside of Black Panther comics they get jobbed out to other characters. M'Baku, Killmonger , and Klaw are usually treated as jokes outside of Black Panther comics.

Last time I remember Klaw being treated with any respect was during Mark Waid's Daredevil run.

Conz

Superstar
Daps

i mean costume/fight wise. I'm sure it's been harped on already, but Ironman fights friggin Ironmen. Avengers fight more Ironmen. Ant-man fights a shrinking bug man. Dr. Strange fights sorcerer. Hulk fights Hulkish dude. etc.

i understand it's how the comics are and it makes sense, I just think they've gone to that well too many times in the movies so far. I'm retroactively blaming older movies. But like I said, this one looks too damn good to get hung up on "wait, the Black Panther with the purple is the good one, right?"

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Agreed but they did fukk up with the suit tbh. They could have made it look more different and maybe use the suit in Hudlin's BP run

It's a dumb thing to complain about since it happens in all the solo comic movies

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Only reason people are saying the "clone" shyt is because he dons a costume similar to T'Challa's in the trailer. shyt is intellectually lazy.

Killmonger should have been a staple of the Thunderbolts YEARS ago. The problem with Black Panther's rogues is that when they appear outside of Black Panther comics they get jobbed out to other characters. M'Baku, Killmonger , and Klaw are usually treated as jokes outside of Black Panther comics.

Last time I remember Klaw being treated with any respect was during Mark Waid's Daredevil run.
Yeah BP's rogue gallery are essentially irrelevant outside of Wakanda because their mere existence is so central to BP. That goes for many non-A list heroes though. (BP is surely to be A-list after this film, though). They don't exist as villians with independent agencies (aside from Klaw).

That shouldn't deter from a potential spin-off though. Even though World of Wakanda was a flop, it was a very pioneering attempt on expanding the lore of Wakanda beyond the eyes of T'challa or Shuri.

Damn, I love Ultimates, for the past few years that book has had the most authentic version of T'Challa.

When he took out that soldiers telekinetic powered armor with his new form of martial arts :wow:

I had to drop Ultimates even before Ultimates squared came out.

THERE IS NO ACTION. :scust:

No amount of character study is going to drag me through that galactic meandering mess.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
For the comic heads in here, care to help a non-comic book head out and do a little leg work for me?:ld:

I keep hearing that people don't like the Coates run of Black Panther. Could anyone provide a plot summary or explain what has been :trash: about it? It would help if it was contrasted to a good version of Black Panther, so I can more clearly see the difference.

I just read a piece by ew that summarized issue 1 Five major takeaways from 'Black Panther' #1

And it didn't seem bad to me, but obviously it wasn't exhaustive so I'm probably just missing what the problems are.

Also, are there any elements from Coates run that looks like it will make it's way into the film?

I know someone is just gonna point me to the comics but I'm lazy and don't wanna read the comics:mjcry: