Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think the idea of how to save Shuri was 'cool' or 'iconic' as well as the formation of the council, even when he infiltrated Zenzi the first time before Tetu served him or when he infiltrated Stane the ideas for the most part were his they weren't directly told to him but he was able to formulate these ideas himself from conversations. Coates has experience with women imo....women can dish it but can't take it...if you learn that you will be in a long happy relationship. That's why i have no problems with his portrayals of t'challa's interaction with women it's pretty realistic unless you are a pimp or an abusive partner...they come at you with the strength of a hurricane but you still handle them with the care of a new born baby. I woman you care for will say things your worst enemy wouldn't say to you because they know it would be a fight on sight....you just gotta chalk it up to hormones it is what it is and do your best to move forward if possible :yeshrug:

Not only is that wrong it's sexist as fukk to generalize ALL women in that sense

There was also NOTHING "iconic" or "cool" about the council because...it's literally ALREADY BEEN DONE. Coates didn't pull anything original or meaningful out of his ass during season 1.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Not only is that wrong it's sexist as fukk to generalize ALL women in that sense

There was also NOTHING "iconic" or "cool" about the council because...it's literally ALREADY BEEN DONE. Coates didn't pull anything original or meaningful out of his ass during season 1.

Call it generalization but any black person I know in a successful heterosexual relationship it's the case. Women explode around men they are extremely comfortable around usually when it's close to PMS :manny: sexist or not it's what I've seen with my own eyes and experienced... And those that don't act that way "You share that girl" :yeshrug:\

Honestly have you seen anything different? :jbhmm:

Has the council EXPLICITLY been done or has it been implied? :patrice: I know he has "regents" which is one man who is polarizing to the community

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Fukk Mayweather vs. McGregor. This is the fight I want to see. :wow:
AWt2hIE.jpg

S6fjbQm.jpg

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has the council EXPLICITLY been done or has it been implied? :patrice: I know he has "regents" which is one man who is polarizing to the community

It's EXPLICITLY been shown and referenced on multiple occasions. Kasper Cole had to be judged by the tribal council near the end of Priest's run. He even quotes an old Wakandan Law that referenced the council and why it was formed.

We see the council early in Hudlin's run.

Even during Doomwar the council was mentioned. T'Challa and Shuri offered to give a democratically elected member of Desturi a seat on the tribal council if laid down their arms and released the other members of the royal family.

The council is even shown WAY back in the 80's during the Gillis mini series. They even had the authority to challenged T'Challa's leadership and make him go through a series of trial to prove he was worthy of being king.

Coates went out of his way to make Wakanda look like a straight up dictatorship and it never was that. There's a tribal council that T'Challa has to answer to, his rule can be challenged via combat every year, and he has to have the blessing of Bast to rule. Coates deliberately left all these things out and tried to make it seem as if T'Challa was simply in charge by accident of birth.