teacher

All Star
Daps
No, because they already had a tribal council in every other run. All Coates did was put something in place that was already there. We've been shown numerous times that T'Challa never had absolute authority. His rulership could be challenged in multiple ways.

Again, shyt that was done in previous runs by Priest, Hudlin, and even McGregor.

That's like saying there wasn't much room for growth for Daredevil after Frank Miller's run, but we know for a fact that isn't true.

There is no depth to this version of T'Challa, all he does is mope and occasionally give self deprecating monologues while saying how everyone around him is so much better. The whole "I don't want to be king" shyt flies in the face of previous comics. Coates characterization sucks, it doesn't mesh with any version of T'Challa we see in other comics right now, and he has to twist and omit key moments of the character history in order to make his take work.

The tribal council and/or regent had to be appointed each time he bounced. Now he doesn't need to since these people have been appointed in their role that is almost equal to the king, so it's less likely for someone to try and take the throne since the chain of command is less 'flimsy' so to speak.

Mcgregor didn't have a powerful broad and Monica Lynne is lame compared to Storm. Priest had Storm around but I felt it was an after thought to push everyone's 'favorite' white boy Everett K Ross :yeshrug: and I completely get why he did it even though it still failed as far as increasing sales. Hudlin did it, but I don't know maybe because Coates is the freshest in my mind but his interactions with Storm feel more real to me :manny:

What else would you like T'challa to do heroically that Priest hasn't shown us? Well Coates is about to show us T'challa battling Gods :mjgrin:

As far as depth I feel like this is the first time we are apart of T'challa's 'inner circle'. Like we get to see the 'real' t'challa. Everything else is a front to an extent to the rest of the world IMHO. Like when you go to work you might be having a sh!tty day but you put that game face on and perform. But when you are at home with your loved ones you can show that vulnerability and have questions, question yourself/actions etc. Nobody knows everything, not even T'challa which makes him more real/human to me, and I appreciate the fact it only occurred within Wakanda, like the rest of the world is a piece of cake but Wakanda is a whole other story.

Last edited:

teacher

All Star
Daps
What is up with the Shuri hate? Yeah she leveled up but she clearly defers to her older brother as King. Now if it was Susan Richards or something I could see the beef...

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone still like this black panther book?

I'm reading reviews and comments and it ain't looking good
WZ9orf8.png
Yes

Spyro

Banned
Daps
About $50 million less than what DC does in their paltry attempts for good press

:IMDrinking:

Martha

If BVS was part of the MCU there is no way that gets like 25%, more like 65+. And I hated that movie :hhh::hubie:

Reviews would be like "While clearly not the best the MCU has to offer, it still has enough action and big set pieces to thrill comic book fans" and get like 67% on RT :beli:

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
If BVS was part of the MCU there is no way that gets like 25%, more like 65+. And I hated that movie :hhh::hubie:

Reviews would be like "While clearly not the best the MCU has to offer, it still has enough action and big set pieces to thrill comic book fans" and get like 67% on RT :beli:

It would have more jokes if it was marvel

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

if BvS was apart of the MCU, it wouldnt have been shytty :BlackPantherYouMad: