teacher

All Star
Daps
1632231_xl.jpg

did anyone post this cover yet? :banderas: I'm about to dig in :eat:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
T'challa flexing that smooth pimp hand :banderas: @Ziggiy is going to be loving Coates run after this the way things are looking :ohhh:

Holy sh!t at ya boy styling on Tony Stark in Secret Empire 5 and Stever Rogers in Cap America #18 if you count the BP trailer dare I say T'challa is on a roll :blessed:

Man are you kidding me!!?!? I just read that issue and the final pages were a load of horseshyt.

Why the hell does Shuri have T'Challa's personality, all the way down to the KOTD powers now?

Why are the MA still acting like spoiled brats, and why is T'Challa allowing this?

Why is Shuri the one with ALL the damn answers while T'Challa stands around like :ohhh:

Why the hell is T'Challa doing all of this apologizing to Storm like she didn't bring the damn X-Men onto Wakandan soil in SECRET and then fought T'Challa in front of his own people?

Why is T'Challa still talking this "Never wanted to be King" nonsense? Didn't we get an ENTIRE 12 issues of that shyt the last year???!

Why are T'Challa and Storm even back together where she is adamant that she's "no Queen"? As King of Wakanda T'Challa's duty is to produce an heir. So what's the point of even dating Storm if she would never serve as Queen of Wakanda and produce an heir?

fukk Coates and his momma

teacher

All Star
Daps
Man are you kidding me!!?!? I just read that issue and the final pages were a load of horseshyt.

Why the hell does Shuri have T'Challa's personality, all the way down to the KOTD powers now?

Why are the MA still acting like spoiled brats, and why is T'Challa allowing this?

Why is Shuri the one with ALL the damn answers while T'Challa stands around like :ohhh:

Why the hell is T'Challa doing all of this apologizing to Storm like she didn't bring the damn X-Men onto Wakandan soil in SECRET and then fought T'Challa in front of his own people?

Why is T'Challa still talking this "Never wanted to be King" nonsense? Didn't we get an ENTIRE 12 issues of that shyt the last year???!

Why are T'Challa and Storm even back together where she is adamant that she's "no Queen"? As King of Wakanda T'Challa's duty is to produce an heir. So what's the point of even dating Storm if she would never serve as Queen of Wakanda and produce an heir?

:dead:

What? Storm is just supposed to hop on T'challa's dikk? T'challa is gaming....if you've been in a long term relationship you know you need to apologize just to keep sh!t civil even if you feel/know you didn't do anything to apologize for.

Shuri knowing sh!t is because of those griots...just is what it is :yeshrug:

I would feel the same way about the Dora's except during the exchange

Dora: I don't know if we can take orders from you

BP: I don't know if I am ready to give you orders

Like you aren't even worthy for me to waste my breath

That subtle ether :banderas:

And they are just extra bodies...it's not like BP or Shuri were trying to protect them at any point

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What? Storm is just supposed to hop on T'challa's dikk? T'challa is gaming....if you've been in a long term relationship you know you need to apologize just to keep sh!t civil even if you feel/know you didn't do anything to apologize for.

Shuri knowing sh!t is because of those griots...just is what it is :yeshrug:

I would feel the same way about the Dora's except during the exchange

Dora: I don't know if we can take orders from you

BP: I don't know if I am ready to give you orders

Like you aren't even worthy for me to waste my breath

That subtle ether :banderas:

And they are just extra bodies...it's not like BP or Shuri were trying to protect them at any point

:what:

Yall twisting yourselves into knots at this point to justify this bullshyt. Coates needs his ass whupped for this portrayal of T'Challa.

I said before that the book was getting better but it took a HUGE fukking nosedive back into the shythole with this issue.

Who wants to read a fukking book about a superhero that never knows shyt, isn't respected by anyone, typically gets his ass kicked, and is constantly telling the people close to him that he sucks and isn't a good as they are?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You can not tell me that nikka doesn't dislike T'Challa. It just comes through every fukking moment of the book. It's like he's forced to write T'Challa in the book but he'd rather be writing stories about the MAs, Shuri, and Storm. You can tell that he thinks T'Challa is the least interesting character in the book. T'Challa still hasn't' acted like himself or shown any growth or development.

teacher

All Star
Daps

You can not tell me that nikka doesn't dislike T'Challa. It just comes through every fukking moment of the book. It's like he's forced to write T'Challa in the book but he'd rather be writing stories about the MAs, Shuri, and Storm. You can tell that he thinks T'Challa is the least interesting character in the book. T'Challa still hasn't' acted like himself or shown any growth or development.

The formation of the new Government isn't growth on his part? Knowing he needs a bad/powerful chick by his side isn't growth? After priest there really isn't much room to grow from a heroic aspect. I think Coates BP has the most depth of character for better or for worse. Best thing about Coates run though is everything is in Wakanda. BP hasn't left once except to harlem for a booty call.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The formation of the new Government isn't growth on his part?

No, because they already had a tribal council in every other run. All Coates did was put something in place that was already there. We've been shown numerous times that T'Challa never had absolute authority. His rulership could be challenged in multiple ways.

Knowing he needs a bad/powerful chick by his side isn't growth?

Again, shyt that was done in previous runs by Priest, Hudlin, and even McGregor.

After priest there really isn't much room to grow from a heroic aspect. I think Coates BP has the most depth of character for better or for worse. Best thing about Coates run though is everything is in Wakanda. BP hasn't left once except to harlem for a booty call.

That's like saying there wasn't much room for growth for Daredevil after Frank Miller's run, but we know for a fact that isn't true.

There is no depth to this version of T'Challa, all he does is mope and occasionally give self deprecating monologues while saying how everyone around him is so much better. The whole "I don't want to be king" shyt flies in the face of previous comics. Coates characterization sucks, it doesn't mesh with any version of T'Challa we see in other comics right now, and he has to twist and omit key moments of the character history in order to make his take work.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

T'Challa's historical knowledge includes that of all the previous BPs, so about 10k years back.

Shuri's historical knowledge includes not only the BP years, but also Wakanda before the emergence of the BPs and the Panther clan, as well as Wakanda before the vibranium meteor crashed. Basically anything that happened in Wakandan soil. In addition, most of Wakanda's history prior to the vibranium meteor crash and the emergence of the BPs has apparently been long forgotten.

Hence why Shuri was able to recognize the creatures (who are from Wakanda's ancient past) while T'Challa and the previous BPs are unsure about them.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I was meh on Shuri before but now I straight up hate the comic version of the character

I hope I like the movie version but the shyt I heard about her being the brains in Wakanda has me :francis:

It's like the only way they can try to make the character interesting is giving her T'challa's characteristics.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T'Challa's historical knowledge includes that of all the previous BPs, so about 10k years back.

Shuri's historical knowledge includes not only the BP years, but also Wakanda before the emergence of the BPs and the Panther clan, as well as Wakanda before the vibranium meteor crashed. Basically anything that happened in Wakandan soil. In addition, most of Wakanda's history prior to the vibranium meteor crash and the emergence of the BPs has apparently been long forgotten.

Hence why Shuri was able to recognize the creatures (who are from Wakanda's ancient past) while T'Challa and the previous BPs are unsure about them.

:gucci:

That renders BP's ability pointless and redundant. I mean wtf? It's like did he even sit down and think this shyt through?