chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was Disney's first time there. They have a few movies with black leads in the next 12 months

No it wasn't, my aunt has been taking her kids to their booth for the past couple of years. They have pictures of them at that booth every year.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

fukk this broad too:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

I'm beyond sick of all these non black people coming out the woodwork to talk shyt about Black People being HAPPY about a movie coming out that's unlike anything we've ever seen before.

And fukk her for mentioning shyt like Blade and Steel. Neither of those movies were tent pole films, none of them were written and directed by black directors either.

Every time Black Folks wanna be happy and celebrate something some piece of shyt wanna run in and tell us why we shouldn't be happy or starts asking disingenuous questions just to annoy us.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grace Randolph strikes me as someone who's probably had no real significant relations or interactions with Black people. Her ignorance is very telling. She reminds me of some of the people I've encountered down here in the South who's primary knowledge of Black people came from what they saw on television.

fukk this broad too:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

I'm beyond sick of all these non black people coming out the woodwork to talk shyt about Black People being HAPPY about a movie coming out that's unlike anything we've ever seen before.

And fukk her for mentioning shyt like Blade and Steel. Neither of those movies were tent pole films, none of them were written and directed by black directors either.

Every time Black Folks wanna be happy and celebrate something some piece of shyt wanna run in and tell us why we shouldn't be happy or starts asking disingenuous questions just to annoy us.

Yep, they even did that with how women responded to Wonder Woman too. Very few people of this generation remember Steel. It was a horrible movie that was quickly forgotten. Blade arguably ushered in the Marvel era, but it was a film that had it's Black leads cushioned by a lot of White supporting characters. I can't even remember any major Black supporting characters in the sequels. Blade was the only significant Black character of note. Movies like Blankman, Meteor Man, and Hancock don't count. They are not legit heroes with franchises, merchandise, comics.ete. They were basically one and done films.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_orjd3fwiOA1s9c6nao1_1280.jpg

:russ::russ:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Motherfukkers trying to police black joy......

Meanwhile you got fanboys losing they shyt talking about "Finally a good Spider-Man movie" like Spidey didn't already have 5 films (two of them being considered classics by many people) and multiple animated series every decade since the 80's,

Marvel makes it's first superhero movie with a Black lead, predominantly black cast, black director, black screenwriter, black executive producer overseeing everything, AND it's being given a large budget and promotional campaign.....and black people aren't supposed to be happy about that shyt?

Wanna bring up shyt like Blankman and Meteor Man knowing damn well those shyts are low budget comedies. When people want to see dikk Grayson in the DCEU you don't see motherfukkers saying "But what about Batman Forever and Batman & Robin". I sure as fukk don't see people bringing up that Ang Lee movie when other people say they want a Marvel Studios Hulk solo film.

Some motherfukkers just hate seeing Black People happy.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Motherfukkers trying to police black joy......

Meanwhile you got fanboys losing they shyt talking about "Finally a good Spider-Man movie" like Spidey didn't already have 5 films (two of them being considered classics by many people) and multiple animated series every decade since the 80's,

Marvel makes it's first superhero movie with a Black lead, predominantly black cast, black director, black screenwriter, black executive producer overseeing everything, AND it's being given a large budget and promotional campaign.....and black people aren't supposed to be happy about that shyt?

Wanna bring up shyt like Blankman and Meteor Man knowing damn well those shyts are low budget comedies. When people want to see dikk Grayson in the DCEU you don't see motherfukkers saying "But what about Batman Forever and Batman & Robin". I sure as fukk don't see people bringing up that Ang Lee movie when other people say they want a Marvel Studios Hulk solo film.

Some motherfukkers just hate seeing Black People happy.

:heh: Who are you even directing this towards?

teacher

All Star
Daps
As much as I like the idea of Black heroes getting together and squading up, the premise for this new crew seems wack and cringeworthy. Black Panther and Storm wouldn't be up in America on some BLM tip.

Did yall read the comics? T'challa isn't on some BLM tip....a Civil rights activist died in police custody. Protestors and police were wilding out it just so happens that civil rights activist had connections to wakanda....storm got involved because the americops were going to body misty knight....then they layed on a little thick like storm was Rosa Parks 2.0 but I didn't mind it :yeshrug:

Kinda leads into my conversation with Joe Kelly. He said he's been ask numerous times to reprise his role as writer for deadpool but refused because to much "red tape" so to speak...politics, continuity etc. so you have your hands tied to an extent. He took on the spiderman/deadpool comic because he got the 2 things he wanted Ed Mcguiness on the pencils and the freedom as if it was an independent comic (no tie in etc.). I think that's the freedom Coates is taking with T'challa (to an extent)and the black panther brand in general and where alot of beef comes from the original hardcore BP fans.

Last edited: