Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They had Nightshade in the trailer. Judging by her photo she's too light/mixed for the role

Nabiyah-Be-Nightshade.jpg

But in the movie she looks completely different, like a Jada Pinkett lookalike

Judging by her resume she isn't much of an actress, she's a singer. I hope she is really good because there's no reason why an actress like Teyonah Parris or Nicole Beharie couldn't have played this character.

Teyonah Paris/Nichole Breharie wouldn't have played this character because its a relatively small role. The movie has gotten it right on characters for the most part, so I wouldn't get hung on the skin complexion of this character in this movie.

Edit: However, I wouldn't be surprised if there are complaints about how they got the African characters right, but not the African American comic characters :snoop:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They had Nightshade in the trailer. Judging by her photo she's too light/mixed for the role

Judging by her resume she isn't much of an actress, she's a singer. I hope she is really good because there's no reason why an actress like Teyonah Parris or Nicole Beharie couldn't have played this character.

No offense to Nightshade fans but you already know Nicole Beharie or Janelle Monae would be better suited as Monica Lynn (BP's Lois Lane/Mary Jane) in the sequel or surprise easter egg in this flick, and not wasted on a character who will likely be limited.

Teyonah has a good argument though, esp if they were giving Nightshade a more significant role but i'm assuming she'll be more of a nice easter egg who does more actions and facial expressions than actual acting.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Granted, Nightshade is more than just a grunt or background character

Deadly-Nightshade-Marvel-Comics-Johnson-h20.jpg

Deadly-Nightshade-Marvel-Comics-Tilda-Johnson-o.jpg

Deadly-Nightshade-Marvel-Comics-Johnson-h11.jpg

So if they wanted to potentially set her up as an additional villain in the BP MCU-verse, I think a Teyonah would've been pretty cool. But maybe this Nabiyah chick killed it in the audition

Daps
I'm sure that c00n that's been up and down this thread insulting the female cast members will be happy about this casting

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

She's not too lightskinned, that;s just one of those photos where the a$$hole photographer doesn't know how to properly light black people so they made her look lighter than she actually is.

Here's another photo of the same woman in different lighting:
actress-nabiyah-be-attends-the-hadestown-opening-night-at-dbgb-on-picture-id533874722

And in the screenshot from the trailer she's darker than she is in either of the other pictures. That's why it was so important that Coogler was able to bring his own film crew in.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
"So I have an offer for the man, who claims to have the right to invade our Sovereign lands.

Perhaps he would like to stop sending more men for me to kill.

Perhaps he wants this to end.

Perhaps he would like to come --

-- And see Wakanda for himself" :demonic:

:damn: hydra cap gonna get those instrumentals! :ohlawd: