Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Breh that scene of T'Chaka disowning T'Challa in Hickman's run hurt like a mofo.

Still does :mjcry:

That dude really said it's "nothing in comparsion to What TNC has done" :mjlol:

That disowning scene by his DEAD FATHER is the lowest point of T'challa's entire life and it's one of those rare moments where you abosolutely feel heartbroken for T'challa.

T'challa destroyed a world, got disowned by his ANCESTORS, berated by his sister, lost the respect of the Dora Milaje, and ultimately brought shame to his country.

Hickman gave T'challa that top-level ether.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Except he told Shuri and his mother what happened.....Also the Dora Milaje that were so pissed at him for his "failure" to save everyone admitted that they knew what he was trying to do leading up to Secret Wars. They were just mad at him because he was an easy target.

FOH with "None of you are giving him any chance", I stuck with that book for a LONG fukking time HOPING it would get better and have a satisfying ending. Instead I got the most anticlimactic ending for a Black Panther series ever. If I wasn't "Giving him any Chance" I wouldn't have bought as many issues as I did and I damn sure wouldn't have said he's gotten better with the last two issues.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that some people just don't like Coates take on Black Panther? shyt even he said before the book launched that he knew long time fans weren't going to like his take.

I bet you're still gonna buy the next issue. :russ:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh that scene of T'Chaka disowning T'Challa in Hickman's run hurt like a mofo.

Still does :mjcry:

That disowning scene by his DEAD FATHER is the lowest point of T'challa's entire life and it's one of those rare moments where you abosolutely feel heartbroken for T'challa.

T'challa destroyed a world, got disowned by his ANCESTORS, berated by his sister, lost the respect of the Dora Milaje, and ultimately brought shame to his country.

I wasn't entirely offended by Hickman's deconstruction :manny:

He took BP on a roller coaster which ended on a high note with Secret Wars.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

We already knew there were going to be white people on that bullshyt when the trailer dropped and when the movie comes out.

What's been surprising are the fake woke nikkas trashing the movie. It's literally only a handful of people, but it's still surprising, you'd think they'd eat this shyt up, but they all in their feelings.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
why the fukk aint this pinned??

wat6rr.jpg

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I wasn't entirely offended by Hickman's deconstruction :manny:

He took BP on a roller coaster which ended on a high note with Secret Wars.

That shyt took 3 years though.:why:

We literally had T'Challa with no ancestors, no homeland, no wife, no fam, no compatriots....nothing, for over a year. He was completely dolo.:to:

Then before he restored the multiverse he took one final ass whooping from Doom. :mjcry:

shyt got put back in the end, but that shyt wasn't fun at all. He got put through the ringer:damn:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Breh that whole run was torture. The writing was on point, but damn :mindblown:

Only reason a lot of us are looking back Hickman's run positively is because of how it end. Took T'Challa 3 years for him to get a W. :dahell:

I had to deal with my two favorite characters, T'Challa and Shuri, being pitted against each other. :damn:

Then breh got disowned by his pops, witnessed his sister's final moments and had his homeland destroyed, with damn near ever Wakandan killed...damn man:mjcry:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
None of you are giving him any chance, though. He's got 50 more issues to go.

@Ziggiy just admitted he hated Hickman for what he did in NA but ended up going goo-goo ga-ga for SW. :mjlol:

I remember dudes nitpicking the very first issue back in 2016. Some you have to admit you're just hardcore set on hating.

I'm not set on hating I'm actually still reading Coates Run (meaning I PAID for each issue) because he's a black man and I'm trying my damndest to give him a chance but there is absolutely positively NO defending some of the bullshyt that Coates has done to T'Challa in his run. Rape Camps? That "No One Man" bullshyt and portraying Dora Milaje as puppets to be used for the King's potential "satisfaction" are just a FEW of the terrible decisions Coates had made that completely shyt on the BP mythos

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt took 3 years though.:why:

We literally had T'Challa with no ancestors, no homeland, no wife, no fam, no compatriots....nothing, for over a year. He was completely dolo.:to:

Then before he restored the multiverse he took one final ass whooping from Doom. :mjcry:

shyt got put back in the end, but that shyt wasn't fun at all. He got put through the ringer:damn:

All of the stuff you're talking about happened during the second half of Hickman's story....Also Reed stuck with T'Challa through the whole thing.

During that time we also got T'Challa showing off new abilities, designing planet killing bombs, designing a life raft to survive the end of existence, taking down Black Dwarf, squaring up with a Batman analogue, nearly killing Namor on two separate occasions, and just acting like himself. Hickman's T'Challa was the closest we've gotten in years to the Priest version.

That's why I said my biggest issue with his run is him threatening to kill Namor and not following through.

Deconstruction can be fine, but it can't start out with the character at their lowest point and not feature the character have a single memorable moment.

Seriously no matter how much you might like Coates run there isn't a single moment in that first season that's memorable for T'Challa. Like I been saying whenever people review or talk about that series all they talk about is the Dora Milaje or Shuri, there isn't much of anything to talk about regarding T'Challa that's positive.

Coates is a smart dude, but his writing for T'Challa is just fukking dumb. Like that whole thing where T'Challa meets with the dictators and the footage from the meeting leaks to the public :what: Hickman put T'Challa through the ringer, but he never made him look like a incompetent jackass. In Hickman's run they were dealing with the end of all existence and were doing everything they could to save everyone without selling their souls (even though that's what Strange literally did).

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I'm not set on hating I'm actually still reading Coates Run (meaning I PAID for each issue) because he's a black man and I'm trying my damndest to give him a chance but there is absolutely positively NO defending some of the bullshyt that Coates has done to T'Challa in his run. Rape Camps? That "No One Man" bullshyt and portraying Dora Milaje as puppets to be used for the King's potential "satisfaction" are just a FEW of the terrible decisions Coates had made that completely shyt on the BP mythos

Actually, Priest made up the Dora Milaje and their original intention of being teenage bride concubines for T'challa (:huhldup::scust:).

Don't put that on Coates.

Hudlin and Coates actually fixed them up and improved on them.