Reppin
Wakanda
maxresdefault.jpg
:dead::dead::dead:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Me and my father used to watch that show HEAVILY. It was like the Holy Grail back in the day.

The show was a success but the network cancelled it anyway

It was too ahead of its time. They weren't ready for superhero shows then. I used to catch the reruns it when Sci-Fi would have marathon days.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
@Realdealholy, I looked at the 1st page was surprised there wasn't an essential reading list for BP. :ohhh:

I figure with the trailer dropped -- a lot more people on this site who were unbeknownst to him, --might have their interests recently piqued and might want to finally get into him.

A lot of curious people (and uninfomed clowns who keep making critques but know nothing about the character or Wakanda) need to have their knowledge checked before the movie comes out in Feb.

My personal reccomendation for anyone wanting to jump into BP would be:

Priest's entire run

Hudlin's entire run

BP Secret Invasion by Aaron

Doomwar (including the prelude)

New Avengers by Hickman and maybe even Secret Wars

and then moving on to Coates if they want to.

For a specific publication to get a straight up introduction to the character, I heavily, heavily reccomend Hudlin's."Who Is The Black Panther?", A modern retelling of BP's origin story that's done very very well. It runs the entire gamut on the BP mythos in about 200 pages. It's extremely accessible and is able to hook in the most unassuming casual reader. It's the most ideal starting place IMO.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Realdealholy, I looked at the 1st page was surprised there wasn't an essential reading list for BP. :ohhh:

I figure with the trailer dropped, a lot more people on this site who were unbeknownst to him, might have their interests recently ppiqued and might want to finally get into him.

A lot of curious people (and uninfomed clowns who keep making critques but know nothing about the character or Wakanda) need to have their knowledge checked before the movie comes out in Feb.

My personal reccomendation for anyone wanting to jump into BP would be:

Priest's entire run

Hudlin's entire run

BP Secret Invasion by Aaron

Doomwar (including the prelude)

New Avengers by Hickman and maybe even Secret Wars

and then moving on to Coates if they want to.

For a specific publication to get a straight up introduction to the character, I heavily, heavily reccomend Hudlin's."Who Is The Black Panther?", A modern retelling of BP's origin story that's done very very well. It runs the entire gamut on the BP mythos in about 200 pages. It's extremely accessible and is able to hook in the most unassuming casual reader. It's the most ideal starting place IMO.

Doomwar:picard:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't tell me Doomwar wasn't exciting all the way up to the ending.

A lackluster, lame, and arguably dumb ending it had, but it doesn't detract from the entire reading imo.

The ending to Doomwar is SO bad that it does take away from the rest of the series. That was the beginning of T'Challa catching L's and not getting any payback. T'Challa should have beat Doom to near death but instead got smacked around, only won by damaging his own country, and ended up thanking Doom afterwards :scusthov:

I can't fukk with these white writers and their narratives of black people always having to be the bigger person and forgiving the people that harmed them. Aint no heroism in getting your ass kicked and letting it slide.

*edit*

I will say the prelude to Doomwar was good. In fact all of Volume 5 is dope. People tend to sleep on Deadliest of the Species.

I also still highly recommend the Man Without Fear/Most Dangerous Man alive run. Dumb premise, but the stories told are REALLY good, especially the last arc where T'Challa squares off with the Kingpin.

Last edited: