Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Because he wasn't even attempting to do a modern vs Tribal plotline with the Dora Milaje. His entire story revolved around the Dora Milaje losing faith in T'Challa and putting for the idea that T'Challa was "Too busy" to do anything about the women of Wakanda being sexually exploited.

Ayo and Aneka are not the main players behind the revolt, it's Tetu and Zensi.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ayo and Aneka are not the main players behind the revolt, it's Tetu and Zensi.

There were TWO separate revolts going on at once. One by Tetu and Zenzi and one by Aneka and Ayo.

Aneka and Ayo hadn't even met Tetu and Zenzi when they were burning "No one man" into fields, recruiting other Dora Milaje, taking over the Jabari lands, and openly speaking out against T'Challa.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bullshyt.
which issue is that, breh? :skip:

The "rape camps" are a totally separate thing orchestrated by some village leader.

The MA's were pissed at T'challa's incompetence, not him being a predator.

A plot point of World of Wakanda was that any time Ayo and Aneka had a moment of intamcy Aneka would start talking about how they couldn't be together because they were obligated by law to marry the king if he so chose and they had to serve the king in all ways.....They kept acting like they were forbidden to be together even though nobody actually gave a shyt.

What's funny is even in the recap page of World of Wakanda it said the "WIves in training" thing had been dropped a long time ago, but the in the book Aneka and Ayo kept talking about that shyt like T'Challa was going to come after them if he found out they were fukking.

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Did you read WOW?
A plot point of World of Wakanda was that any time Ayo and Aneka had a moment of intamcy Aneka would start talking about how they couldn't be together because they were obligated by law to marry the king if he so chose and they had to serve the king in all ways.....They kept acting like they were forbidden to be together even though nobody actually gave a shyt.

What's funny is even in the recap page of World of Wakanda it said the "WIves in training" thing had been dropped a long time ago, but the in the book Aneka and Ayo kept talking about that shyt like T'Challa was going to come after them if he found out they were fukking.
[/QUOTE]

I need to re-read on WOW.

Clearly I was talking about Coates' solo run, not the collab with Roxane Gay. Roxane definitely never read BP or any comic book for that matter.

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
You keep trying to spin shyt for the sake of caping for Coates. I never said that the origin changed. I said Maberry had T'Challa change the Dora Milaje it special operations group. The wives in training thing was thrown into the bushes until COATES decided to bring it back and play it up like the Dora Milaje were being abused.

And T'Challa never "Fell for" Nakia. At this point you're just making shyt up. Nakia fell for T'Challa and tried to kill Monica Lynne. Nakia had showed signs of being mentally unstable even before the shyt with Mephisto.

Nah you're in denial.

"Fell" is not the right term.

But T'challa the supposed regal and professional man still ended up doing this. :mjpls:

Black_Panther_Nakia_Kiss.PNG

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah you're in denial.

"Fell" is not the right term.

But T'challa the supposed regal and professional man still ended up doing this. :mjpls:

Black_Panther_Nakia_Kiss.PNG

I'm not in denial you're just full of shyt.

And "Fell" is your word choice.

Just like you chose to post a scan of a page showing T'Challa literally being manipulated by Mephisto, Just how you left out the previous and following page giving better context. Hell even the page you posted shows that he's kissing Monica Lynn and she suddenly turns into Nakia to his horror.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Because he wasn't even attempting to do a modern vs Tribal plotline with the Dora Milaje. His entire story revolved around the Dora Milaje losing faith in T'Challa and putting for the idea that T'Challa was "Too busy" to do anything about the women of Wakanda being sexually exploited.

Coates and Gay kept hammering home that "Serve the king in all ways" shyt even though T'Challa had NEVER shown any interest in the Dora Milaje as potential brides and had already changed the group on a fundamental level.

The Dora's weren't even revolting against Wakandan society or even the royal family, they were just pissed at T'Challa. Then we later find out they were pissed at T'Challa for some shyt that they chose NOT to tell him about. Aneka found out about a tribal leader abusing women, decided NOT to tell T'Challa, then straight up executed the tribal elder. Aneka was arrested and sentenced to death by Ramonda, and somehow she blamed T'Challa for all that shyt. Coates first season even ends with Aneka having a breakdown and realizing she was unfairly blaming T'Challa for the wrong shyt......The ending didn't even go over well with many fans of the book because it came out of nowhere. Coates spent 12 issue portraying T'Challa as being in the wrong and the Dora Milaje being just, so Aneka's sudden turn around seemed odd to anybody that didn't know the full story of what T'Challa had been doing (which Coates purposefully left out).

He wasn't around for him to tell he was jet setting with the ultimates turning the world destoryer into the life bringer.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasn't around for him to tell he was jet setting with the ultimates turning the world destroyer into the life bringer.

They were with him in the first issue of Ultimates so they obviously knew he was off dealing with shyt that threatened the entire planet (which includes Wakanda).

The thing is they kept claiming that nobody would do anything about it, but we were told explicitly that men from the village tried to stop the Chief but ended up being banished. The Dora Milaje decided to handle it themselves rather than let T'Challa, the Hatute Zeraze, or even Ramonda (who usually acts as Regent and was herself a victim of such things) know what was going on. Aneka claimed she was going to bring the guy in to be brought to justice but she just killed the dude when she got there. The judge that she stood before, Ramonda, T'Challa, and even Shuri all said she fukked up by not bringing the guy in and executing him herself.