teacher

All Star
Daps
Coates won the MacArthur, his name is promo by itself. That's actually why BP #1 sold so much in the first place and why Marvel hired him. That and there being the annoucement of a BP movie.

Don't forget the lesbians (which probably had more impact). Comic book collectors are always looking for something that makes a comic "special" it almost has nothing to do with a good story now a day. :manny:

doublex

Pro
Daps
I'ma spoiler tag this little observation someone made on Tumblr...

Is Killmonger wearing the king's ring in this shot? :ohhh:

tumblr_ordrnaPolx1qeqbsjo4_1280.jpg

cb9e7409e34138d9b92ee53ef041f4afffbcb373.jpg

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dropped Coates BP run after 8 issues. I tried to give it a chance but it never clicked for me. Yes I'm a fan of Priest's run and I never read Hudlin's run.

But back to Coates. His style and his take on the character is not for me and I hated his pacing.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Pre trailer this was highly anticipated but I was looking forward to Infinity War more. But Post teaser this is #1 most anticipated movie, I'm geeked like a little kid. Anyone who I have spoken comics or even movies with in the past I'm like, 'Have you seen the new Black Panther trailer?!':krs:

Jards

All Star
Daps
Pre trailer this was highly anticipated but I was looking forward to Infinity War more. But Post teaser this is #1 most anticipated movie, I'm geeked like a little kid. Anyone who I have spoken comics or even movies with in the past I'm like, 'Have you seen the new Black Panther trailer?!':krs:
Teaser done it's job in a big way. Dudes from Screen Junkies got to see some of the dailies from it at the Marvel open house and the editor said that based on those plus the trailer drop Black Panther has moved to her number 1 anticipated CB movie for the next year which would include Justice League and Avengers. Everyone who's seen the dailies has said that what we've seen in the trailer is nothing compared to what they saw at the open house:smugdraper:

Marvel know what they have with BP - people saying that they put out the teaser early to shyt on Wonder Woman (which I think was a part of it :russ:) but between them showing the dailies which they never do and the early trailer drop they've been itching to get this out and show they've got a blassic in the making. The six months with Ragnarok, BP and Infinity War are gonna be :ohlawd::noah:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Teaser done it's job in a big way. Dudes from Screen Junkies got to see some of the dailies from it at the Marvel open house and the editor said that based on those plus the trailer drop Black Panther has moved to her number 1 anticipated CB movie for the next year which would include Justice League and Avengers. Everyone who's seen the dailies has said that what we've seen in the trailer is nothing compared to what they saw at the open house:smugdraper:

Marvel know what they have with BP - people saying that they put out the teaser early to shyt on Wonder Woman (which I think was a part of it :russ:) but between them showing the dailies which they never do and the early trailer drop they've been itching to get this out and show they've got a blassic in the making. The six months with Ragnarok, BP and Infinity War are gonna be :ohlawd::noah:
:mjcry: Coogler done changed the Marvel formula to the point Feige, Horn and Iger are like. :ohhh:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:what:

His numbers did plummet:

Black Panther #1 - 253,259 (like I said this was HEAVILY promoted, excitement was high for the book)
Black Panther #2 - 77,654 (a big drop after the first issue was expected, nothing to worry about......yet)
Black Panther #3 - 75,037
Black Panther #4 - 72,302
Black Panther #5 - 83,756 (oh shyt, a sales bump, this might be good news)
Black Panther #6 - 58,746 (......guess they didn't care for it :to:)
Black Panther #7 - 60,857
Black Panther #8 - 43,451
Black Panther #9 - 39,123
Black Panther #10 - 38,741
Black Panther #11 - 35,492
Black Panther #12 - 37,612 (The finale of Coates "epic" story......maybe this will keep readers around and bring others back...)

Black Panther #13 - 30,509 (welp, guess not :mjlol:)

And for the record I didn't say no one was feeling his run, I said while some people like it a LOT of people aren't feeling it, which is why he's been hemorrhaging readers. His book lost over 20k readers from issue 5 to 6 and lost over 10k from issues 7 to 8. How the fukk is that not a plummet?

That's actually good in terms of comics sales. If you're on the 12th issue of a run and still selling close to 40,000 a month, that's still pretty respectable. The gradual loss of readers between #5 and #6 isn't

Now if sales figures were below 20,000/month, the book would definitely be in trouble.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Yea Campea was saying they didn't even show the best stuff in the trailer.

Marvel better give Black Panther that Wonder Woman run time. :ufdup:

Don't be cutting it down to Doctor Strange and Ant-Man run times. This is a story that deserves to be fully fleshed out.
He looks ridiculous here. I don't want to be negative but I'd be surprise if he isn't the low point of the movie.

It could go either way. Either he's just another bad Marvel villain or he'll be great. I trust Coogler to make sure his boy comes across well.