MBJ is going to crush his role as Killmonger so hard. :wow:

tumblr_orb8ebXGol1rtup1qo3_540.gif

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"kick Coates off the book" :mjlol:

Coates has the highest selling BP run of all time. Coates is going to get his 60 issues, breh.

If Priest and Hudlin didn't get kicked off for their sales, neither is Coates.

Sales is all that matters to Marvel.

Priest held on for 6. And Hudlin had 4.

They hired Coates for a four year minimum in mind at the least.

You're letting your hate goggles blurry the logical side of your brain.

The movie - more than anything, will actually bolter the sales of his book.

I'd imagine by the time Febuary comes around, Coates will assigned with telling a story that aligns more with the roll out of the movie for hype purposes. Coates is doing his 2nd big arc right now which should take less time than first.

Also Christopher Preist hated Black Panther, or at least found him boring when Marvel gave it to him. Motherfukker just wanted to write Daredevil. And he didn't care so much about the racial politcs surrounding the character. He created Everett Ross to specifically pander to cacs.

But obviously he didn't need to like the character to do his job. So I don't know why you're stuck on that "he doesn't like the character" sentiment.

Priest INITIALLY hated Black Panther, by his own admission he didn't now much about the character then after doing research he said he got pissed off because other writers nerfed the character, his expressed goal was to take T'Challa back to his roots but give him a logical progression to modern times.

Coates on the other had spent the majority his time telling people what he didn't like about Black Panther, Wakanda, and the work of previous writers. Coates also said he knew long time fans of the character weren't going to like his run but that he didn't care.

As for the sales of the book, Coates early issues go more promotion than any previous Black Panther writer, they also included his book as part of lootcrate bundles which adds to sell. The sales on his book have been steadily declining and even the reviews have been getting worse.

I don't see how people are going to come to his book after seeing the film when there's little to no synergy between the two. That was one of the problems with his initial arc. People saw Civil War and wanted more of what they saw in that movie, but Coates run had T'Challa getting his ass kicked and being outsmarted the majority of the time in addition to him looking like a non heroic figure when compared to the Dora Milaje. The weak action in the book didn't help matters either, and it wasn't exactly an accessible book for younger readers (though to be fair neither was the Priest run).

You're grossly overrating Coates ability to draw in readers. If he was as much of a draw as you claim his book wouldn't be hemorrhaging readers with each issue and the other two series with his name on it wouldn't have gotten canceled so quickly. Coates has his fans, but a lot of people just aren't feeling his take on T'Challa.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Priest INITIALLY hated Black Panther, by his own admission he didn't now much about the character then after doing research he said he got pissed off because other writers nerfed the character, his expressed goal was to take T'Challa back to his roots but give him a logical progression to modern times.

Coates on the other had spent the majority his time telling people what he didn't like about Black Panther, Wakanda, and the work of previous writers. Coates also said he knew long time fans of the character weren't going to like his run but that he didn't care.

As for the sales of the book, Coates early issues go more promotion than any previous Black Panther writer, they also included his book as part of lootcrate bundles which adds to sell. The sales on his book have been steadily declining and even the reviews have been getting worse.

I don't see how people are going to come to his book after seeing the film when there's little to no synergy between the two. That was one of the problems with his initial arc. People saw Civil War and wanted more of what they saw in that movie, but Coates run had T'Challa getting his ass kicked and being outsmarted the majority of the time in addition to him looking like a non heroic figure when compared to the Dora Milaje. The weak action in the book didn't help matters either, and it wasn't exactly an accessible book for younger readers (though to be fair neither was the Priest run).

You're grossly overrating Coates ability to draw in readers. If he was as much of a draw as you claim his book wouldn't be hemorrhaging readers with each issue and the other two series with his name on it wouldn't have gotten canceled so quickly. Coates has his fans, but a lot of people just aren't feeling his take on T'Challa.

I'm not worried what the comic is gonna be like near release. Coates isn't dumb. These 2 arcs are just the rebirthing. The slow burn. Marvel is letting him do his thing. They gave this man free reign. They sanctioned the scripts, breh. If they ever feel like reeling it back in, the editors will make sure of if they feel the need to.

"overrating his ability". "Coates early issues go more promotion than any previous Black Panther writer, they also included his book as part of lootcrate bundles which adds to sell."

Sounds llke excuses. Sales say otherwise. If no one is feeling him as you say they aren't, then his numbers should have plummetted plain and simple . Numbers speak, not feeling. Priest's run is highly highly acclaimed but his numbers never represented that. And Coates' BP has a LOT of fans on tumblr and social media. A lot of new people have gotten into BP because of him.

The Crew and world of wakanda failed because of cacs. Irrelevant. Nighthawk got cancelled after only 6 issues and it was fire. And spin-offs are hard to sell, period.

If Coates gets fired by 2019 (:mjlol:) I'll eat my words, but I think you're going to be severely dissapointed.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And then Infinity!
Marvel done broke the switch!

#WATTBA

Marvel builds a switch only to flip that shyt the next film, they really have done the unthinkable :SpideyWow: clap for em

:ohhh:yo thecoli cld really help start a wave with thsi film, i know most of us are gonna see this multiple times it wld be dope if we cld post all our ticket stubs as a competition or a show of our support then have brehs with good social media accounts or platforms share our "wakanda ticket challenge" gettiing theoli more exposure and maybe then get it to trend on twitter since thats a big platform and where most trends or topics thrive the most. black people set all the trends anyway so might as well. let marvel see our marketing and advertising power when they give us a well represented black hero by a black cast and team
what a great idea breh :wow:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not worried what the comic is gonna be like near release. Coates isn't dumb. These 2 arcs are just the rebirthing. The slow burn. Marvel is letting him do his thing. They gave this man free reign. They sanctioned the scripts, breh. If they ever feel like reeling it back in, the editors will make sure of if they feel the need to.

"overrating his ability". "Coates early issues go more promotion than any previous Black Panther writer, they also included his book as part of lootcrate bundles which adds to sell."

Sounds llke excuses. Sales say otherwise. If no one is feeling him as you say they aren't, then his numbers should have plummetted plain and simple . Numbers speak, not feeling. Priest's run is highly highly acclaimed but his numbers never represented that. And Coates' BP has a LOT of fans on tumblr and social media. A lot of new people have gotten into BP because of him.

The Crew and world of wakanda failed because of cacs. Irrelevant. Nighthawk got cancelled after only 6 issues and it was fire. And spin-offs are hard to sell, period.

If Coates gets fired by 2019 (:mjlol:) I'll eat my words, but I think you're going to be severely dissapointed.

:what:

His numbers did plummet:

Black Panther #1 - 253,259 (like I said this was HEAVILY promoted, excitement was high for the book)
Black Panther #2 - 77,654 (a big drop after the first issue was expected, nothing to worry about......yet)
Black Panther #3 - 75,037
Black Panther #4 - 72,302
Black Panther #5 - 83,756 (oh shyt, a sales bump, this might be good news)
Black Panther #6 - 58,746 (......guess they didn't care for it :to:)
Black Panther #7 - 60,857
Black Panther #8 - 43,451
Black Panther #9 - 39,123
Black Panther #10 - 38,741
Black Panther #11 - 35,492
Black Panther #12 - 37,612 (The finale of Coates "epic" story......maybe this will keep readers around and bring others back...)

Black Panther #13 - 30,509 (welp, guess not :mjlol:)

And for the record I didn't say no one was feeling his run, I said while some people like it a LOT of people aren't feeling it, which is why he's been hemorrhaging readers. His book lost over 20k readers from issue 5 to 6 and lost over 10k from issues 7 to 8. How the fukk is that not a plummet?

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
:what:

His numbers did plummet:

Black Panther #1 - 253,259 (like I said this was HEAVILY promoted, excitement was high for the book)
Black Panther #2 - 77,654 (a big drop after the first issue was expected, nothing to worry about......yet)
Black Panther #3 - 75,037
Black Panther #4 - 72,302
Black Panther #5 - 83,756 (oh shyt, a sales bump, this might be good news)
Black Panther #6 - 58,746 (......guess they didn't care for it :to:)
Black Panther #7 - 60,857
Black Panther #8 - 43,451
Black Panther #9 - 39,123
Black Panther #10 - 38,741
Black Panther #11 - 35,492
Black Panther #12 - 37,612 (The finale of Coates "epic" story......maybe this will keep readers around and bring others back...)

Black Panther #13 - 30,509 (welp, guess not :mjlol:)

And for the record I didn't say no one was feeling his run, I said while some people like it a LOT of people aren't feeling it, which is why he's been hemorrhaging readers. His book lost over 20k readers from issue 5 to 6 and lost over 10k from issues 7 to 8. How the fukk is that not a plummet?

Do you not understand the comic book industry or something?

That's a slightly above average number for a #12, especially for a non A-list hero. The jumpings from four to 6 are trivial. You can't explain why he had a 10k jump from four to five anymore than the drops he get later on. The only explaniable thing abou the affect of drops is that they're purely natural.

Preist and Hudlin actually did less on their #12. Did you know what their sells were? Did 33k for Priest's #12 mean he was going to get fired?

You're not saying anything.

Last edited: