Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
brehs cacs on my timeline are up in their feelings after this trailer and one of the points is they're dismissively calling Black Panther "Black Batman" :francis:

I don't know shyt about comics but tell me there's not merit to this bullshyt brehs :mjcry:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just read Black Panther is part of the infinity war shyt that's supposed to be happening soon. Couple questions...

1. How are they gonna have a movie with 30 fukking characters in it and it not a complete mess? Was the comic book like this?

2. And how exactly are people like Black Panther, Captain America, Black Widow, Ant-man etc supposed to fight thanos when he's pretty much Jesus?

Educate yourself

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:wow: man im absolutely jealous of kids these days. I grew up wishing for a black superhero and all I got was fukking blank man and steel. Wesley Snipes paved the way brehs:salute:

Man we've come such a long way but I commend all those brothas for trying. It was so hard trying to get Black Superhero films made. To the point that brothas created their own original films. Which was good thing too because we weren't waiting for the system to say yes. (Meteroman, Blankman and Hancock are not based on comics) Marvel owes a lot of the success for it's resurgence in the 2000's to "Blade" as well.

220px-Meteor_man.jpg
1331627-meteor_man_v1__6___page_1.jpg

The Meteor Man (film) - Wikipedia 1993

(MeteorMan was an original concept created by Robert Townsend. Marvel made a limited run of comics based on film)

220px-Blankman.jpg
v1.bjsxNTMyOTM7ajsxNzM3MTsxMjAwOzQwMzk7MjcwMA

Blankman - Wikipedia 1994

(Blankman was an original Superhero comedy created by Damon Wayans)

220px-Spawnmovieposter.jpg
808e622e44a7064bc62d0e0f47dfbe41.jpg

Spawn (film) - Wikipedia 1997

(Spawn was the first major Black Comic adaptation on the Big Screen)

220px-Steelposter.jpg
John_Henry_Irons_as_Steel.jpg

Steel (1997 film) - Wikipedia 1997

(Steel is the 2nd major Black Comic Adaptation)

220px-Blade_movie.jpg
220px-Blade_II_movie.jpg

Blade (film series) - Wikipedia 1998, 2002, 2004

(Blade brought Marvel out of the slump in the late 90's and is the first Black Superhero Trilogy)

220px-Hancockposter.jpg
6a8165fe1db952406be12e8658eb2db1.jpg

Hancock (film) - Wikipedia 2008

(Hancock is an original concept with no comic origin. It's the highest grossing Black Superhero film of all time at over 600 Million Worldwide and Top 25 all time in Superhero History at the box office.)

Last edited:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
brehs cacs on my timeline are up in their feelings after this trailer and one of the points is they're dismissively calling Black Panther "Black Batman" :francis:

I don't know shyt about comics but tell me there's not merit to this bullshyt brehs :mjcry:

Black Panther isn't Black Batman.

In the Priests run of the comics, Martin Freeman's character, Everet Ross tell us that people tend to forget that T'Challa isn't a superhero. He is a king that runs the wealthiest and one of the most technologically advanced nations in the world. This is a dude who has contingency plans for if fukking Galactus shows up to Wakanda. Almost every decision he makes is for the sake of his country and sometimes those decisions go against the grain of superhero tropes. Like Batman keeps Joker alive after doing the most demonic shyt in existence, but Black Panther doesn't play that shyt.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

Why are you entertaining any of that fukk shyt, fam?:francis:Black Panther to me is as great a character, if not greater than Batman. The amount of culture connected to the character is nearly unparalleled in comics. He can match wits with some of the most genius characters in the Marvel universe. The mere fact that he's a king deeply impacts every single choice he has to make and molds his character. Batman is dope, don't get me wrong, but Black Panther is far more complex. The only real comparison you could make is that they both don't have powers, wear black suits, and rely on technology. But then I could be lazy and say Black Panther is just black Ironman.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Considering Batman is THE most iconic superhero of all time, I don't see it as an offensive diss. BP does share a few similarities to Bats. He's probably more of Marvel equivalent to him than Stark is.