lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall shouldnt be surprised by some of these cats...they dont read comics/know the source material, and all they judge africa off of is what they've seen in movies/tv shows...yall should try to drop some knowledge on them, but if they wanna be ignorant and ignore what you say, fukk them...dont let them fukk up the vibe...yea, i know it's only a teaser, but from what i saw, we celebrating until we dont have a reason to....

like i said earlier: getting my tix as soon as i can for day 1....

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
People complaining about the rap music for the trailer.... :camby: The movie is like 90% black with a majority black cast, set in a fictional black country, with a black super hero as a lead and they are complaining about an instrumental track during a teaser trailer...

yWl6O_s-200x150.gif

These muthafukkas...:mindblown:

Yeah that's reaching for a teaser trailer.

The official soundtrack better not just be rap songs, though. :comeon:

This is Wakanda. OST should mirror the aesthetic of Afrofuturism.

I want jams like this:

:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Well I got called a c00n and other shyt because I told him this is actually following the source material.

You shoulda told him to shut his miserable ass up and go the fukk outside sometime. Dude acts like a straight bytch whenever someone disagrees with him. To be this aggy over a DOPE trailer screams "I have no friends, whatsoever."

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Watch this movie is going to jumpstart Afrofuturism in film and is going to force black filmmakers to think beyond the usually cliche black genres that are comedy, drama and slave films. If this movie succeeds then we're getting more afrofuturism and films depicting black hegemony. Just watch.

Let's hope, breh.

Black sci-fi cinema has so much potential.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk that jason make some points some times but on this . . I could give two fukks what he saying im going to see this shyt . . . call me a c00n i dont give a fukk and i dont have a buck im going to c this shyt

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire

Too much reaching.

And don't tell me Tariq is just going to jump on this too...

I wish more people read comic books or understood them.

watching Black Panther as a FAN is way different than going as a casual moviegoer and having no idea about the lore or characters in it and just watching it just because...

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Ironically this is the entire theme of Black Panther of how everyone assumes Wakanda is "primitive" because they simply don't understand it.

It's in the fukking trailer too. :heh:

Klaw: "What do you know about Wakanda?"

Ross: "It''s a third world country,. textures, cool outfits..."

"Klaw: It's all a front!"

"The El Dorada wasn't in South America, It was in Africa!" (aka the golden city :wow:)

People like Jason too lazy to research the subtext and allegorical themes of BP.