Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk this dudes thoughts everything I'm reading saying Wakanda looking piff on some lost city of Atlantis shyt and so technologically advanced it almost seems alien:wowsideburnz:

I'm ready for this shyt now, 10 months to go :mjcry:

To be fair, the dude said they didn't show any actual footage of Wakanda, only concept art.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
fukk this dudes thoughts everything I'm reading saying Wakanda looking piff on some lost city of Atlantis shyt and so technologically advanced it almost seems alien:wowsideburnz:

I'm ready for this shyt now, 10 months to go :mjcry:
One of Coogler's greatest strength as a director is making the location feel like a character itself. You could feel Oakland and Philly. Its just a matter of how he does it mostly on a soundstage/CGI.
No doubt the movie will be great.
I can't like superhero movies green screen hasn't bothered me the past few years. I'll wait to see for myself though and it's still #DayOneWethere
Untitled_zpsxd3a3vkk.png
Day one regardless. Just hope it has the signature Coogler vision.
Obviously it's going to look more Civil War than Creed, it's a superhero movie.

He expected Wakanda to look like Philly? :stopitslime:

Nah, but this might be why Ava decided not to do it. Color palette, shooting location, etc is probably what she wanted to do different.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
One of Coogler's greatest strength as a director is making the location feel like a character itself. You could feel Oakland and Philly. Its just a matter of how he does it mostly on a soundstage/CGI.
No doubt the movie will be great.

Day one regardless. Just hope it has the signature Coogler vision.

Nah, but this might be why Ava decided not to do it. Color palette, shooting location, etc is probably what she wanted to do different.
Avas directing in Selma with the cinematography was :whoo::whew:though I won't front on that. I wish studios tried to use real locations like that more but:manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Avas directing in Selma with the cinematography was :whoo::whew:though I won't front on that. I wish studios tried to use real locations like that more but:manny:
It's interesting because Ava has a movie coming out in 2018 as well called A Wrinkle in Time. She spent over a month just filming in New Zealand. I really think that played a factor in this.

However, its just the first film. Maybe when this is a success they'll be willing to take more risks and actually film on some real locations for the next one. I'll be a lil letdown if we don't have those long takes, etc like we saw in Fruitvale and Creed. Thats one of Coogler's trademarks.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
“You’ve got quite the entourage,” sneers Ross when Klaw (now with a false hand replacing the one he lost in Age of Ultron) enters with group of thugs. “Have you got a mix tape coming out?”

“Yes!” says Klaw, excited and wholly unaware that Ross is being sarcastic. “I’ll send you the link!”

FUCCIN MARVEL JUST CANT HELP THEMSELVES :stopitslime:

all in all, my DC stan cape is coming off when the BLACK PANTHER promo begins, im riding this shyt all the way till the end, for Lupita :noah:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
“You’ve got quite the entourage,” sneers Ross when Klaw (now with a false hand replacing the one he lost in Age of Ultron) enters with group of thugs. “Have you got a mix tape coming out?”

“Yes!” says Klaw, excited and wholly unaware that Ross is being sarcastic. “I’ll send you the link!”

all in all, my DC stan cape is coming off when the BLACK PANTHER promo begins, im riding this shyt all the way till the end, for Lupita :noah:
Neither can you so don't throw rocks from your glass house.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It's interesting because Ava has a movie coming out in 2018 as well called A Wrinkle in Time. She spent over a month just filming in New Zealand. I really think that played a factor in this.

However, its just the first film. Maybe when this is a success they'll be willing to take more risks and actually film on some real locations for the next one. I'll be a lil letdown if we don't have those long takes, etc like we saw in Fruitvale and Creed. Thats one of Coogler's trademarks.
Creeds first match against the dudes son:wow:Marvel usually ods with the cuts but hopefully Croogler is able to do his thing:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

That's Ross's character tho.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Creeds first match against the dudes son:wow:Marvel usually ods with the cuts but hopefully Croogler is able to do his thing:blessed:

I have a feeling the quick cuts are director's choice and not something put forth by the studio.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I have a feeling the quick cuts are director's choice and not something put forth by the studio.
Breh Coogler nor his DP were even in South Korea filming the big ass chase scene they had.

But I can't knock them for wanting to film the action like Civil War if thats what they do. That shyt was dope. :yeshrug:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh Coogler nor his DP were even in South Korea filming the big ass chase scene they had.

But I can't knock them for wanting to film the action like Civil War if thats what they do. That shyt was dope. :yeshrug:

I would prefer to be more like TWS to be honest. I don't remember that film having as nearly many as quick cuts as Civil War.