Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else hear marvel is loosing money due to sjw pandering?

Nah, Marvel is losing money because their comics cost too fukking much, they release too many comics too soon, and they have too many fukking events and variant covers.

IDK why some of yall be in here on that "SJW pandering" shyt like yall not reading and enjoying most of the books white nerds are complaining about.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Yall act like Cooger and Duvenay aren't friends and don't consult each other. It's also worth noting that they both support many of the same causes.

Coogler is on record saying his BP film is going to have a "social agenda" too.
f9e.gif

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah the person you should hate is the one who implied there was ever a relationship vibe in the first fukking place :martin:

Dumbasses saying shyt they know damn well wasn't true from jump lol

I can't stand journalists that cover comic book movies.

So much of that shyt is people just reading a wiki page or the very latest stories about a characters and trying to piece shyt together and make it seem like a scoop.

Look at how many people keep theorizing that the "King of the Dead" powers will be involved or that they'll show the necropolis. Those are all very new things and unlikely to be in the movie. People are just grasping at straws.

shyt gets even worse when it comes to relationships between characters. I legit hate the shipping community that comes along with these movies.....fukking terrorists.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
This shyt will blow over by the time the trailer drops brehs. They don't have as much pull as you think. I do think Coogler will mention racial issues in this I mean his first film should tell you everything. Knowing the significance of this character and race has been a idea his comics has tackled.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This whole issue is probably the reason they didn't let Ava Duvernary direct. I still think she was fully prepared to pull all types of these social agendas in this movie and Marvel wasn't having it.
Lowkey, I got this vibe too. Or rather, her vision wasn't aligned with what Marvel had in mind and she didn't care for the restrictions i feel. Mind you, Priest, Hudlin and Coates are all "pro black" but it's not a homogeneous concept, as we saw in how they each prioritized their runs, especially when it came to the depiction of Wakandan men and women. And of T'Challa.

Coogler and Ava are both pro-black too I imagine, but ultimately Coogler is a "bro" who, like with any black male who has even a modicum of physicality/masculinity to them, can embrace the childhood importance of simply having a black male superhero, before any of the other social justice or political stuff that will still be there in some form.

Not saying a woman couldn't do it or that a white person couldn't or a gay person, and someone like Coates is more feminine than masculine anyway as far as i'm concerned, but Coogler just seems like the perfect fit. And i'm confident he'll prove me right on that

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, Marvel is losing money because their comics cost too fukking much, they release too many comics too soon, and they have too many fukking events and variant covers.

IDK why some of yall be in here on that "SJW pandering" shyt like yall not reading and enjoying most of the books white nerds are complaining about.

I cringe when Black people use the term "sjw", that term was coined by white supremacists/alt-right losers who hate seeing us and other minorities get the spotlight in media. Using that word is pretty much a compliment to them imo.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This whole issue is probably the reason they didn't let Ava Duvernary direct. I still think she was fully prepared to pull all types of these social agendas in this movie and Marvel wasn't having it.
That and also Ava maybe would have wanted to do things outside of the Marvel brand. She probably wanted to film the movie in Africa and truly create something that stood on its own. Like Logan or The Dark Knight (not saying it would have been that quality, but being something that feels totally different than everything else)

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

I mainly read indie black comics and manga right now. Actually the comic I wrote just came out.oh you were talking about the other guys on here.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy how all it takes is one word to start shyt.

But I'm still not worried. Because as many people have said, Marvel cares about money and they wouldn't be able to broadcast this movie to different regions if they do this sjw shyt lol so let those twitter cats cry all they want.

Yall are gonna have to come to terms with the fact that they will have a gay character in their movies at some point. They already have gay characters in their tv shows. Any worries about it being in issue in foreign markets can be solved by editing.

I also think yall are overstating how much of an issue these things would be in foreign markets. Captain America of all characters is doing great overseas. Captain Marvel is also going to do well overseas and she flies in the face of a lot of cultural laws and stereotypes about women overseas.

My big issue is people making shyt up in their own head and throwing a fit like children when they don't get it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cringe when Black people use the term "sjw", that term was coined by white supremacists/alt-right losers who hate seeing us and other minorities get the spotlight in media. Using that word is pretty much a compliment to them imo.

Yup, a lot of the terms I'm seeing in this thread right now is shyt I've seen used for years by racist white dudes on forums and in comments sections.

I was a fan of Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther run, bought all the issues as they were coming out. There were people who just didn't like his style of writing and I can respect that even if I don't agree. There were also a lot of racist white dudes who made it a point to hate on his series. They claimed it was "reverse racist", said he was "pandering" by featuring lots of black characters, they complained he had an "agenda" by showing T'Challa as a capable and confident hero on the level of Iron Man or Captain America.

Too much of the shyt I see in here sometimes is too familiar to the reactions I've seen for Black Panther, Miles Morales, Sam Wilson as Cap, and Kamala Khan.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Yall are gonna have to come to terms with the fact that they will have a gay character in their movies at some point. They already have gay characters in their tv shows.

As long as Black Panther isn't the lead flag waver then it's whatever. Let another movie represent that shyt, this movie should first and foremost represent black excellence. :myman:

doublex

Pro
Daps
As long as Black Panther isn't the lead flag waver then it's whatever. Let another movie represent that shyt, this movie should first and foremost represent black excellence. :myman:

Nakia, too. Being in love with T'challa is a basic component of her character.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yall are gonna have to come to terms with the fact that they will have a gay character in their movies at some point. They already have gay characters in their tv shows. Any worries about it being in issue in foreign markets can be solved by editing.

Aint nobody looking to see Black Panther turned into Moonlight. Miss us with that bullshyt.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Aint nobody looking to see Black Panther turned into Moonlight. Miss us with that bullshyt.

There's already a gay character in the movie, that's Ayo (she's a lesbian). Thing is, however, she's Wakandan. Meaning that, like every Wakandan ever created, her Wakandan identity is #1 in how she defines herself, along with being a Dora Milaje.

In other words, even if it is shown or strongly alluded in subsequent BP sequels that she is a lesbian, that fact will very likely not dominate whatever subplot she's involved in or the whole movie in general.