Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need a better breed of writer Coates man, idk but it's time to go breh... :camby:

The thing is, I'm not even going to say he's a bad writer. The potential for dope shyt is clearly there, he's just the WRONG writer for Black Panther. Coates never liked the character as a kid and as he read up on the character for the job he still didn't like the character. Whenever he talks about Black Panther and the previous runs all he talks about is the shyt he didn't like or that didn't make sense to him. Dude has been on some "fukk T'Challa" shyt since day one and it comes through in his writing.

Even when he talks about his favorite characters to write in THIS series he never mentions T'Challa.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unfortunately people like his run so far :snoop:A Kings aren't heroes what type of close minded shyt is that??:dahell::damn:fukking unbelievable :damn:

The overwhelming majority of whom never fukked with Black Panther or comics in general to begin with. Also notice that none of those people are saying T'Challa is their favorite character in the series.

I've also noticed that some people that started with Coates run start to look at it differently after they read Priest or Hudlin's run.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Marvel in comics been on some weird shyt especially with guys like Bendis still around :hhh:White people gravitating towards THIS version of T'Challa annoys the hell outta me. A man who isn't confident in his abilities to be an Avenger and King while adding in some disgusting rape camp shyt Ayo fukk this dude:camby::pacspit::pacspit:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The thing is, I'm not even going to say he's a bad writer. The potential for dope shyt is clearly there, he's just the WRONG writer for Black Panther. Coates never liked the character as a kid and as he read up on the character for the job he still didn't like the character. Whenever he talks about Black Panther and the previous runs all he talks about is the shyt he didn't like or that didn't make sense to him. Dude has been on some "fukk T'Challa" shyt since day one and it comes through in his writing.

Even when he talks about his favorite characters to write in THIS series he never mentions T'Challa.

In that recent Fan bros podcast that was shared here, Coates said T'Challa was his favorite character to write.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Unfortunately people like his run so far :snoop:A Kings aren't heroes what type of close minded shyt is that??:dahell::damn:fukking unbelievable :damn:

The overwhelming majority of whom never fukked with Black Panther or comics in general to begin with. Also notice that none of those people are saying T'Challa is their favorite character in the series.

I've also noticed that some people that started with Coates run start to look at it differently after they read Priest or Hudlin's run.
The book gets "good reviews" for some inexplicable reasons (:mjpls:) but those sales numbers continue to drop.

The spin-off book World of Wakanda is another example of this. shyt is garbage but I believe it won some LGBT award (:francis:) and gets good reviews, despite Marvel having to double ship the amount of issues ordered by comic stores so that the books sales could still look respectful despite the big drop and lack of interest.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Coats wrote for the Atlantic so all the "liberal" mainstream publications and folks are acting its all :ahh:.

I got the print sub for this first run, but outside of steelfreeze's work :camby: He's got T'Challa looking like a substitute teacher trying to be a king.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
As I think @nieman brought up..

Still need to see if they gon let T'Challa use all his technology. It should be above and beyond Iron Man stuff :manny:

That ish looks beautiful. Now let's see if they do it with the tech...we should be seeing subtle ish like when Tony hijacked the monitors during his hearing with a tech that looked like glass. I want to see next level's next level

teacher

All Star
Daps
I think everyone who is shytting on the coates run is underestimating Tetu dude is supposed to be the new killmonger minus the Hudlin run Killmonger sons the fukk out of T'challa every single time and makes T'challa do drastic/uncharacteristic things i.e destroying Wakanda's economy and the world's so Killmonger wouldn't win...does that ring a bell :mjpls:

Now I'm not saying I don't have issues but I'ma let the brotha man cook :cook:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That ish looks beautiful. Now let's see if they do it with the tech...we should be seeing subtle ish like when Tony hijacked the monitors during his hearing with a tech that looked like glass. I want to see next level's next level

I also saw some posts on CBM were people were suggesting the night shots of Wakanda should have the nights have some
Blade Runner/Wong Kar Wai Hong Kong type shyt.
. And I agree.
hongkong-film-skyline-21qeoqj.jpg

W2046_001.jpg

I don't want it to be just beautiful in the day..the night shots should have a vibe of a truly next level place.

Tech shouldn't be looking like "apple" either. Which concerned me at the end of Civil War. However, I think with Coogler and his team behind it we shouldn't have to worry about it if this is any indication.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
If his jet is anything to go by I think his superior tech should be portrayed pretty well. The medical centre where Bucky stayed at looked pretty dope too :ehh:

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In that recent Fan bros podcast that was shared here, Coates said T'Challa was his favorite character to write.

I could have sworn he said Shuri was his favorite character to write, and he then went into detail talking about how much thought he put into her evolution as a character throughout the series.

When they asked him to choose between Luke Cage and Black Panther he said he HAD to choose Black Panther because he was writing the book,. but that last time he was on the show he picked Luke Cage.