teacher

All Star
Daps
just read bp wow...seems shuri was the worse bp in history. Why was everybody so eager for t'challa's return, when shuri is bp?

teacher

All Star
Daps
BLAP2016012-RIVERACONNECTINGD.jpg

BLACK PANTHER #12

• TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • BRIAN STELFREEZE (A/C)
  • VENOMIZED VARIANT COVER BY ELIZABETH TORQUE
  • CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
  • A NATION UNDER OUR FEET: EPILOGUE
  • The dust settles, and peace comes to Wakanda once again. That is, if her political leaders can come to terms….T’Challa finds himself in the last place he ever expected: A republic.
  • 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
A republic?!:russ::russ::russ:

Yooo...:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
I think this run has pretty much foreshadowed this with the its not just one man rhetoric...and the fact t'challa does like jet setting with avengers/ultimates this will give him more freedom to do so without contradicting the character.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I think this run has pretty much foreshadowed this with the its not just one man rhetoric...and the fact t'challa does like jet setting with avengers/ultimates this will give him more freedom to do so without contradicting the character.

Yea, most of us def saw change on the horizon coming based on Coates' interviews and his opinions on monarchies, at the least.

But still...a republic?!?! AKA, no monarchy basically? Daaaaayyyyyuuummmm:mjlol:

Was not expecting that at all. I was strongly expected at the least the monarchy to be around, with T'Challa still as king, but with limited powers this time. Instead, monarchy might get thrown to the bushes:dead:

We might get a President Changamire:merchant:

We're in interesting time breh, interesting times indeed :jbhmm:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I have a bad feeling about this.....

Coates is confusing the shyt outta me :francis:

On one hand, based on his previous comments on Shuri, I'm not surprised at all that she is asserting herself immediately. I saw that coming.

But the "ill-fitted" comment? I mean, there have been debates on T'Challa's controversial decisions during the Hickman run (I even argued against those decisions he made), but competence was never the issue for T'Challa. And either way, why go there?

Talk about rocking the boat. Hickman left a door open and Coates straight up smashed the shyt out of the whole entrance with a sledgehammer.

Last edited:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Wakanda is the best country in the Marvel Universe, not due to the Panther cult but due to it's people. Out of all 12 dynasties you only had 1 coup and 1 revoke both by outside influence that exploited Wakanda Monarchy rule. Leaving it in the hands of the people will ensure Wakanda shines forever. I mean when think about it, T'challa and Shuri was against Wakanda xenophobic nature which is how Namor flooded the country when Tchalla invited the Avengers in, which caused Thanos to come and so on.

I agree with leaving it in the hands of the people...

teacher

All Star
Daps
Yea, most of us def saw change on the horizon coming based on Coates' interviews and his opinions on monarchies, at the least.

But still...a republic?!?! AKA, no monarchy basically? Daaaaayyyyyuuummmm:mjlol:

Was not expecting that at all. I was strongly expected at the least the monarchy to be around, with T'Challa still as king, but with limited powers this time. Instead, monarchy might get thrown to the bushes:dead:

We might get a President Changamire:merchant:

We're in interesting time breh, interesting times indeed :jbhmm:

yea something how like England has it would of been better. Hearing CaCs calling him King T'challa :banderas:

teacher

All Star
Daps

On one hand, based on his previous comments on Shuri, I'm not surprised at all that she is asserting herself immediately. I saw that coming.

But the "ill-fitted" comment? I mean, there have been debates on T'Challa's controversial decisions during the Hickman run (I even argued against those decisions he made), but competence was never the issue for T'Challa. And either way, why go there?

Talk about rocking the boat. Hickman left a door open and Coates straight up smashed the shyt out of the whole entrance with a sledgehammer.

He wants to Jet set to different dimensions smashing groupies not couped up in wakanda settling rural disputes of who stole that goat.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Wakanda is the best country in the Marvel Universe, not due to the Panther cult but due to it's people. Out of all 12 dynasties you only had 1 coup and 1 revoke both by outside influence that exploited Wakanda Monarchy rule. Leaving it in the hands of the people will ensure Wakanda shines forever. I mean when think about it, T'challa and Shuri was against Wakanda xenophobic nature which is how Namor flooded the country when Tchalla invited the Avengers in, which caused Thanos to come and so on.

I agree with leaving it in the hands of the people...

The Thanos thing was a bit more complicated than that (Namor lying to the black order, T'Challa concealing facts, Shuri fighting with little to no intel, etc), but I understand the spirit of your post.

Essentially, putting the future of Wakanda under the hands of its people, rather than one ruler, is the best course, if I understand correctly?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Hold on from those panels Kang thinks he isn't worthy of leading anymore??:wtf: Am I understanding that correctly? I admit from what you guys have said during this run I really don't like what's been happening :jbhmm:Now the monarchy itself is:camby:just like that?:dahell::damn:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Hold on from those panels Kang thinks he isn't worthy of leading anymore??:wtf: Am I understanding that correctly? I admit from what you guys have said during this run I really don't like what's been happening :jbhmm:Now the monarchy itself is:camby:just like that?:dahell::damn:

Monarchy still around for now, but based on the solicits, Wakanda will be a republic by March 2017:why:.

Wakanda may have a president, if they go all the way with the republic route. No word yet on what will happen to the royal family and their titles/authority. We'll have to find out as it comes.

President of Wakanda...that shyt sounds weeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiird:pachaha:

As for the "ill-fit" comment....breh, I dunno wtf that shyt's about. Barring clarification, that shyt looks mad suspect and even confusing.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
One that I just wondered.

One of the traditions of Wakanda is challenging the ruler by combat. Basically, if you are Wakanda and you think the ruler is trash, you can pull up on him/her and challenge him/her to a duel, with the rulership on the line.

Both T'Challa and Shuri went through this during their reign.

So if they went the president route, does it mean Wakandans can pull up on the president? On some "fukk a vote, I can do a better job than you can, you're catching this fade" ?:pachaha:

That would be kinda dope. Would keep the Wakandan prez honest:mjgrin: