Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Preview of Black Panther: World of Wakanda #2. Out this coming Wednesday.

BLAPWAK2016002-DC11-LR.jpg

BLAPWAK2016002-int-LR3-1.jpg

BLAPWAK2016002-int-LR3-3.jpg

BLAPWAK2016002-int-LR3-4.jpg

BLAPWAK2016002-int-LR3-5.jpg

BLAPWAK2016002-int-LR3-6.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
“I’m excited to do it. I mean I think Ryan’s an amazing filmmaker. I’ve got a chance to know him since college, so I’m excited to see what it’s like to be working with him on the other side, not as a producer but as an actor cause that’s how we started with Fruitvale Station.”

Meanwhile, Whitaker’s character has not been a secret as Marvel made his role of Zuri official upon the announcement. However, this will not be the warrior and friend of T’Challa that Zuri is in the comics. Instead, Whitaker says, “He’s like the shaman of this community.” This fits with the elder description that Marvel gave and could put Whitaker in a prime role in this movie as he helps T’Challa adjust to life as a king. With production set to begin at the turn of the calendar year, it should not be long until Whitaker is reunited with Coogler and embarks on this journey.
@Realdealholy :jbhmm:

Black Panther: Forest Whitaker Praises Director Ryan Coogler

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Last edited:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think they'd announce in it that way if she was just an extra. I think she might be a Dora and the younger chick caster earlier is Shuri
Technically it's just a tweet from her talent agency. It's likely an insignificant role since it's not reported by Variety/Deadline/The Hollywood Reporter.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:dwillhuh: Yo this is some left field shyt right here. Was not expecting that.

We're gonna be getting a bunch of surprises in this film, it appears.

EDIT: That said, the MCU has shown to be willing to give things a little twist here and there. Hell, T'Chaka ended up growing old and dying much later in his life than in the comics.

Curious on what other twists there will be:jbhmm:
Question to the diehard BP brehs..

Would it bother you if they sort of did their "own thing" with the side characters of the movie. Obviously make sure they get BP, KIllmonger, Dora's right...but I'm talking people like Zuri and W'kabi :patrice:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Would it bother you if they sort of did their "own thing" with the side characters of the movie. Obviously make sure they get BP, KIllmonger, Dora's right...but I'm talking people like Zuri and W'kabi :patrice:

Ultimately depends on what it is and how it's done, but I'm open to it.

The MCU already changed a lot of the character's history, T'Challa included. Breh was still a prince as a grown man when we first see him. Considering that and the Zuri news, it's almost certain they will make tweaks across the board, including the side characters.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Ultimately depends on what it is and how it's done, but I'm open to it.

The MCU already changed a lot of the character's history, T'Challa included. Breh was still a prince as a grown man when we first see him. Considering that and the Zuri news, it's almost certain they will make tweaks across the board, including the side characters.
Forgot about T'Chaka....because they made me forget about T'Chaka :snoop:

Still didn't like how that was done...but oh well.

I'm open to it because I'm not deep in the lore like other brehs here. However, like you said its all about execution. :manny:

Its also really going to be interesting who Coogler bases his Panther off of as well. Is he more Priest? Hudlin? etc..

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

They've already changed characters stories throughout the MCU so it's only logical they'll do the same for his movie:francis::hubie:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Forgot about T'Chaka....because they made me forget about T'Chaka :snoop:

Still didn't like how that was done...but oh well.

I'm open to it because I'm not deep in the lore like other brehs here. However, like you said its all about execution. :manny:

Its also really going to be interesting who Coogler bases his Panther off of as well. Is he more Priest? Hudlin? etc..
Priest T'Challa is OP as hell truthfully speaking :mjlol:hopefully he takes at least some of that to match the illness of Cap who always increased in feats in each movie. :lupe: