Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Forgot about T'Chaka....because they made me forget about T'Chaka :snoop:

Still didn't like how that was done...but oh well.

I'm open to it because I'm not deep in the lore like other brehs here. However, like you said its all about execution. :manny:

Its also really going to be interesting who Coogler bases his Panther off of as well. Is he more Priest? Hudlin? etc..

I think T'Challa is going to be a blend of Priest and Hudlin.

T'Chaka was surprisingly memorable to me. Loved it when he and T'Challa were speaking in their native tongue. Perhaps my favorite scene of Civil War.

The big question now is the supporting characters. Will Nakia go psycho? Is Okoye going to have a bigger presence? Will Ramonda's background change (from step-mom to bio-mom, for example)? Will Ramonda still be South African? Is M'Baku still going to be a super traditionalist while Killmonger embraces the ways of the West? Will the Doras be mostly bodyguards or more than that?

Hella questions and we might not be done with the casting of the film yet.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think T'Challa is going to be a blend of Priest and Hudlin.

T'Chaka was surprisingly memorable to me. Loved it when he and T'Challa were speaking in their native tongue. Perhaps my favorite scene of Civil War.

The big question now is the supporting characters. Will Nakia go psycho? Is Okoye going to have a bigger presence? Will Ramonda's background change (from step-mom to bio-mom, for example)? Will Ramonda still be South African? Is M'Baku still going to be a super traditionalist while Killmonger embraces the ways of the West? Will the Doras be mostly bodyguards or more than that?

Hella questions and we might not be done with the casting of the film yet.
It was ruined when they killed him 30 seconds later as a plot device :ld:...but it worked for some I guess. :manny:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
As long as M'Baku isn't a henchman or working with/for Killmonger I'm good.

Why do you think the character is going to be some big villain? :why:

He's obviously going to be a henchman or starter villain like Crossbones/Batroc.

:mjlol:@ you thinking Coogler would ever give the character shine, when his boy is the designated main villain.

You should be worried about whether this movie is Marvel's Black Panther or Ryan Coogler's Killmonger.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
BLAPWAK2016005-cov.jpg

BLACK PANTHER: WORLD OF WAKANDA #5

• ROXANE GAY (W) • ALITHA E. MARTINEZ (A)
  • Cover by AFUA RICHARDSON
  • VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL
  • DAWN OF THE MIDNIGHT ANGELS: CONCLUSION!
  • Officers. Rebels. Lovers…Ayo and Aneka, a.k.a. the Midnight Angels, now have new monikers thrust upon them: Leaders.
  • 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Another dope cover by Afua Richardson :obama:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

He's obviously going to be a henchman or starter villain like Crossbones/Batroc.

:mjlol:@ you thinking Coogler would ever give the character shine, when his boy is the designated main villain.

You should be worried about whether this movie is Marvel's Black Panther or Ryan Coogler's Killmonger.

I got no problem if he's a starter villain. Just let him be his own thing. Don't have the breh be goon #2 basically.

:patrice::jbhmm:Marvel villains usually do be lacking or underutilized...I wonder if Coogler does try to end that:ehh:.
....however, I never thought about him making Killmonger get too much shine :lupe:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
BLAP2016012-RIVERACONNECTINGD.jpg

BLACK PANTHER #12

• TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • BRIAN STELFREEZE (A/C)
  • VENOMIZED VARIANT COVER BY ELIZABETH TORQUE
  • CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
  • A NATION UNDER OUR FEET: EPILOGUE
  • The dust settles, and peace comes to Wakanda once again. That is, if her political leaders can come to terms….T’Challa finds himself in the last place he ever expected: A republic.
  • 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
A republic?!:russ::russ::russ:

Yooo...:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I got no problem if he's a starter villain. Just let him be his own thing. Don't have the breh be goon #2 basically.

:patrice::jbhmm:Marvel villains usually do be lacking or underutilized...I wonder if Coogler does try to end that:ehh:.
....however, I never thought about him making Killmonger get too much shine :lupe:

Aint no damn way Coogler included MBJ who's been the lead actor in his previous two films and his next after Black Panther to have him sidelined.

Then there's the bigger problem of MBJ being miscast. He's going to play a villainous African Warrior :mjlol::comeon:. It's gonna be Leto/Eisenberg bad.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Aint no damn way Coogler included MBJ who's been the lead actor in his previous two films and his next after Black Panther to have him sidelined.

Then there's the bigger problem of MBJ being miscast. He's going to play a villainous African Warrior :mjlol::comeon:. It's gonna be Leto/Eisenberg bad.
I think @Ziggiy or @Box Cutta got a better chance of naming their first/next seed Finn than you do of accepting Michael B. Jordan in this movie. :pachaha:

At least wait till a teaser trailer breh :aicmon:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They've already changed characters stories throughout the MCU so it's only logical they'll do the same for his movie:francis::hubie:
When it comes to Marvel the changes tend to be for the better so I trust they won't mess anything up. :lupe:

BLAPWAK2016005-cov.jpg

BLACK PANTHER: WORLD OF WAKANDA #5

• ROXANE GAY (W) • ALITHA E. MARTINEZ (A)
  • Cover by AFUA RICHARDSON
  • VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL
  • DAWN OF THE MIDNIGHT ANGELS: CONCLUSION!
  • Officers. Rebels. Lovers…Ayo and Aneka, a.k.a. the Midnight Angels, now have new monikers thrust upon them: Leaders.
  • 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Another dope cover by Afua Richardson :obama:
Looks like Jada Pinkett.

These Dora costumes are tacky.

Last edited:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I sense some Michael B Jordan hate :lolbron: