Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@teacher, peep the previews of Paolo Rivera's variant for BP #11 :whoo:

All three panthers on deck:wow:

This shyt is looking like a "must buy." Hella dope. Def gonna get this one. :ohlawd:

T'Chaka and T'Challa BETTER reconcile or I might straight drop this book. I will forever HATE Hickman for that abomination of an "encounter" between those two

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
T'Chaka and T'Challa BETTER reconcile or I might straight drop this book. I will forever HATE Hickman for that abomination of an "encounter" between those two

:whoa: It's cool breh, its just a variant.

The previous panther will prolly show up in season 2, according to Coates. Prolly as soon as issue 13.

But I def agree, that relationship needs to be reconciled, or at least the path towards reconciliation must be shown.

That panel from NA #21 still fukks me up:mjcry:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone read World of Wakanda yet? :lupe:

I have. I liked it. I'm not as critical as some of ya'll are on here, but from some standpoints that ya'll have mentioned as far as fears go, it certainly wasn't a "man-hating" introduction any, lol. There is some focus on the beginnings of Aneka's and Ayo's romance, but I didn't mind it any. It's portrayed fairly realistic IMO and not too heavy-handed, I don't think.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I have. I liked it. I'm not as critical as some of ya'll are on here, but from some standpoints that ya'll have mentioned as far as fears go, it certainly wasn't a "man-hating" introduction any, lol. There is some focus on the beginnings of Aneka's and Ayo's romance, but I didn't mind it any. It's portrayed fairly realistic IMO and not too heavy-handed, I don't think.

Indeed, no man hating. The Dora story should slow down though, imho. Went way too fast. Hopefully writing improves too. That being said, a lot of people do seem to like the Dora story though, so I may be in the minority opinion once again.

Zenzi's story was on point, wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Head garment needs to be toned down tho. I'm gonna go pick this up today

she got indian in her
@teacher, peep the previews of Paolo Rivera's variant for BP #11 :whoo:

All three panthers on deck:wow:

This shyt is looking like a "must buy." Hella dope. Def gonna get this one. :ohlawd:

are those 2 separate covers or is it some sort of wrap around? You know I'm copping regardless...still looking for the Divided we stand variant for WoW:francis:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
she got indian in her

:russ: lol wut?!

are those 2 separate covers or is it some sort of wrap around? You know I'm copping regardless...still looking for the Divided we stand variant for WoW:francis:

It's looking like one big cover. Similar to the variants of #9 and #10, which has a lot of people in them. They are done by the same artist.

Can you order the Divided We Stand variant at your LCS? It may come down to that.

teacher

All Star
Daps
:russ: lol wut?!

Reminds me of some Native American head dress, but I guess African ones are just similar and her hair is long...black chick with long hair always claim Indian cuz they ain't claiming that weave :mjgrin:

It's looking like one big cover. Similar to the variants of #9 and #10, which has a lot of people in them. They are done by the same artist.

Can you order the Divided We Stand variant at your LCS? It may come down to that.

can they still do that this late in the game? I was planning to get it from Midtown...my wife works right around the corner from one of the stores...when it becomes a back issue I can do store pick-up for no shipping charge :win: She claims she didn't see it on the wall :usure:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Reminds me of some Native American head dress, but I guess African ones are just similar and her hair is long...black chick with long hair always claim Indian cuz they ain't claiming that weave :mjgrin:

Her hair is her own, bet that. :jawalrus:

Stelfreeze been using a lot of African influences in his designs for the BP book. He was the one who came up with the costume. Imma tweet him and see if I can get an answer on how he came up with it.

can they still do that this late in the game? I was planning to get it from Midtown...my wife works right around the corner from one of the stores...when it becomes a back issue I can do store pick-up for no shipping charge :win: She claims she didn't see it on the wall :usure:

That's what I did for the run the jewels BP #2 variant. Ordered it at my LCS 1-2 months after it came out. Paid the retail price for it, rather than the retail price + shipping.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The costume is cool, but there's a lot going on. No one will be able to consistently draw it.

Y'all were right, this book was probably the best issue. Ain't least it answered my question why Misty was called.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Her hair is her own, bet that. :jawalrus:

Stelfreeze been using a lot of African influences in his designs for the BP book. He was the one who came up with the costume. Imma tweet him and see if I can get an answer on how he came up with it.

@teacher, I did tweet Stelfreeze, asking how he came up with Shuri's new outfit, and his people actually hit me back with a reply...

Brian wanted something that tipped the hat to Jack Kirby as the creator of the Black Panther but also made an impact.

...and this :krs:

1b8ee13d29.jpg

Last edited: