Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Agreed, The writer said in interview he wants to build on the morals & complexity of BP... Hes not going for action, he gonna give him various Ls to show, strength & perseverance for that W :salute:He know BP can son all these dudes but he wanna put a more introspective spin on it... Let you see what a King gotta go through....

That W better be a good one though, I don't want a repeat of Doomwar. That Doomwar ending was on some bullshyt.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Numbers are in for September sales of comics: Comic Book Sales Figures for September 2016

BP #6: 58,746

Third highest Marvel solo behind Amazing Spider-Man and Deadpool.

Sales are still strong overall. This is still very high for a BP book in its 6th issue, especially with no tie-ins and all that.

Curious on how BP #7 will do, being that the issue has a lot of big name cameos in it.
They're enjoying the King taking Ls:smh:

teacher

All Star
Daps
check out the cosplay variant for #7 :mjlol:

1587778_xl.jpg

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
That W better be a good one though, I don't want a repeat of Doomwar. That Doomwar ending was on some bullshyt.
He also said he wants to put a better focus on Wakanda in general... He wants to spotlight the heritage & culture... Im loving it so far...

It was Doom, you shouldve expected some dumb shyt... Only people Ive seen him take a legit L from is Reed & Magneto...

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He also said he wants to put a better focus on Wakanda in general... He wants to spotlight the heritage & culture... Im loving it so far...

It was Doom, you shouldve expected some dumb shyt... Only people Ive seen him take a legit L from is Reed & Magneto...

But yo...THAT dumb shyt? Doomwar had potential but that ending made it go :camby:.

This is a BP book, so in theory there shouldn't be a repeat of that this time. Then again, I didn't think the camp in #2 and the meeting in #5 would've happened in this BP soooo....:ld:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
A few questions for all you brehs and brehettes paying attention to the BP comic book.

Now that we're entering the latter part of this season...how do you think it will end, based on what you've all read so far?

Specifically:

-What will be the fate of Tetu, Zenzi, and The People?

-What will be the fate of the Doras? Will they return to the fold or remain a third faction from hereon in?

-Will T'Challa remain King of Wakanda? If not, what happens to him?

-With Shuri's return immanent, what role do you think she'll have in the final arc of the story? What position will she have in Wakanda at the season's conclusion?

-What do you think will happen to Changamire?

-What will be Ramonda's fate? Do you believe she will be able to recover from her injuries?

-Where will Wakanda go from here? Coates suggested that religion will be a topic that is touched on in season 2. What direction will Wakanda go at season 1's end and heading towards season 2?

-The Wakandan monarchy: will it survive in it's current form? Will it survive at all? Will there be a significant change in Wakandan governance?

That's all I have for now. Feel free to add on any other thoughts that comes your way.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
A few questions for all you brehs and brehettes paying attention to the BP comic book.

Now that we're entering the latter part of this season...how do you think it will end, based on what you've all read so far?

Specifically:

-What will be the fate of Tetu, Zenzi, and The People?

-What will be the fate of the Doras? Will they return to the fold or remain a third faction from hereon in?

-Will T'Challa remain King of Wakanda? If not, what happens to him?

-With Shuri's return immanent, what role do you think she'll have in the final arc of the story? What position will she have in Wakanda at the season's conclusion?

-What do you think will happen to Changamire?

-What will be Ramonda's fate? Do you believe she will be able to recover from her injuries?

-Where will Wakanda go from here? Coates suggested that religion will be a topic that is touched on in season 2. What direction will Wakanda go at season 1's end and heading towards season 2?

-The Wakandan monarchy: will it survive in it's current form? Will it survive at all? Will there be a significant change in Wakandan governance?

That's all I have for now. Feel free to add on any other thoughts that comes your way.

I lose faith in Coates more every issue but HOPEFULLY from issue 7 onward we'll get some T'Challa W's and this Midnight Angels "All men are the devil" storyline will come to a blessed conclusion...

-T'Challa will HOPEFULLY remain King, with the added caveat that his panel of advisors be given more power of government, and that the citizens of Wakanda be given more information and input on what happens within the nation. For instance, the dreaded "rape camps" that have seemingly sprung from up. The people of Wakanda should be given daily, weekly, monthly updates around the progress of eliminating such perversity from the nation. Like how the Ultimates are fully transparent in their missions, T'Challa should be made to be fully transparent in whatever mission that he goes on abroad in the name of Wakanda or deploying its resources.

-Ramonda should HOPEFULY live. T'Challa already has precious few female Wakandans on his side as it is. The Dora Milaje have already turned on him TWICE, Shuri is incapacitated (and who knows what role she'all take upon recovery) He has no wife, no love interest, and his main adversary is a woman. Ramonda is the last positive lifeline to the opposite sex that T'Challa possesses.

-Shuri will HOPEFULLY come back in a more mystical role. I'd love for her to be a direct conduit between T'Challa/Wakanda and Bast. I would also like to see her have another solo/side story within the main book that runs parallel to T'Challa's (except this time you know.. fully conscious)

-T'Challa should HOPEFULLY kill Tetu straight up. The story has been alluding to a real showdown between those two and T'Challa is due dish out a REAL, bare knuckle asswhooping. Zenzi should die too, but because Coates is full on "Girl Power" it won't happen. She shouldn't automatically be redeemed either however, if anything keep her around as a consistent member of the Wakandans rogues gallery.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I lose faith in Coates more every issue but HOPEFULLY from issue 7 onward we'll get some T'Challa W's and this Midnight Angels "All men are the devil" storyline will come to a blessed conclusion...

-T'Challa will HOPEFULLY remain King, with the added caveat that his panel of advisors be given more power of government, and that the citizens of Wakanda be given more information and input on what happens within the nation. For instance, the dreaded "rape camps" that have seemingly sprung from up. The people of Wakanda should be given daily, weekly, monthly updates around the progress of eliminating such perversity from the nation. Like how the Ultimates are fully transparent in their missions, T'Challa should be made to be fully transparent in whatever mission that he goes on abroad in the name of Wakanda or deploying its resources.

-Ramonda should HOPEFULY live. T'Challa already has precious few female Wakandans on his side as it is. The Dora Milaje have already turned on him TWICE, Shuri is incapacitated (and who knows what role she'all take upon recovery) He has no wife, no love interest, and his main adversary is a woman. Ramonda is the last positive lifeline to the opposite sex that T'Challa possesses.

-Shuri will HOPEFULLY come back in a more mystical role. I'd love for her to be a direct conduit between T'Challa/Wakanda and Bast. I would also like to see her have another solo/side story within the main book that runs parallel to T'Challa's (except this time you know.. fully conscious)

-T'Challa should HOPEFULLY kill Tetu straight up. The story has been alluding to a real showdown between those two and T'Challa is due dish out a REAL, bare knuckle asswhooping. Zenzi should die too, but because Coates is full on "Girl Power" it won't happen. She shouldn't automatically be redeemed either however, if anything keep her around as a consistent member of the Wakandans rogues gallery.
I mostly agree with this here... But I hope Shuri becomes leader and adviser to BP... But thats just off the pics, she look spiritual....

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Crossing fingers, breh :sadcam:

Fair points made :obama:

Yo...now that you mention it...Ramonda was the ONLY Wakandan female ally T'Challa had all story long. Hell, she was the ONLY female ally he had, until Misty and Storm showed up, and they are foreigners. Shuri coming back helps, but that makes Shuri his ONLY Wakandan female ally in the story. That's some crazy shyt.

Ramonda def must live.

I suspect her being a conduit, whether literal, metaphorical, religious, or political, will be her primary role in Wakanda, in addition to her monarch status.Somehow, someway, she'll be the plug.

Another parallel adventure with her alive this time is all good with me:obama:

Tetu def needs to get his ass beat at the least, he is the least redeemable guy in the story outside of Stane, who's getting hemmed up in #7.

I suspect that one of major players (T'Challa, Shuri, the Doras) will want to murk Tetu, only for one of the other major parties to stop that, saying that he should answer to justice and all that, on some "enough Wakandans died today." Would low key match T'Challa in the movies if its him stopping Tetu from being killed and instead sends him to prison.

Zenzi should be locked up too, but with Coates being all about the female characters, he'll find a way for her to be redeemed somehow and avoid major punishment, even though she rolled with Tetu and Stane all this time.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I mostly agree with this here... But I hope Shuri becomes leader and adviser to BP... But thats just off the pics, she look spiritual....

"leader" as in an important figure in Wakandan society? I think that's the direction the story appears to go, even though she won't be Queen this time around, I think.

If I was off in assessing you post, lemme know breh.