Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Yup. But I'm being hopeful because the concept sounds and looks dope. Can't jump to conclusions.

Indeed. Plus, this book can help fill the gaps on what went down in Wakandan during the Hickman run and soon after Secret Wars concluded. We don't have much on panel info about those times.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
BP: World of Wakanda, Divided We Fall variant.

STL024143

Real shyt, if Shuri is going to be in the BP movie and/or sequels, she should rock this new outfit or at least a slightly modified version of that outfit. It's actually kinda dope.:leon:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Who the girl(shuri?) and why is she dress like that?

That is Shuri. All we know for now is that she'll return from her journey in the Wakandan equivalent of purgatory (or the Matrix, perhaps) and she'll come back to the living with this new outfit. As for why she wears that outfit, we'll all find out in BP #8 (this November) and BP #9 (this December).

I def like the outfit though, looks very traditional.

Last edited:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
That is Shuri. All we know for now is that she'll return from her journey in the Wakandan equivalent of purgatory (or the Matrix, perhaps) and she'll come back to the living with this new outfit. As for why she wears that outfit, we'll all find out in BP #8 (this November) and BP #9 (this December).

I def like the outfit though, looks very traditional.
I like the outfit too but i got my doubt in this "World of Wakanda" with it being a LGBTQ (black one at that) book and the people behind the scene(im looking at the writers/editors). Its not like we don't have black women comic writers ...im wonder why not give them opportunity to capitalize on this marvel book

I like the concept tho. .I want to know the world of wakanda and spinoff characters of Black Panther series

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I like the outfit too but i got my doubt in this "World of Wakanda" with it being a LGBTQ (black one at that) book and the people behind the scene(im looking at the writers/editors). Its not like we don't have black women comic writers ...im wonder why not give them opportunity to capitalize on this marvel book

I like the concept tho. .I want to know the world of wakanda and spinoff characters of Black Panther series

Yea, it's a bit weird that the writers from this BP run are mostly from outside of the comic world. Almost gives the impression that black comic book writers have to start outside of the comic book world, and then bring a large following with them before the majors fukk with them, on some mixtape-to-major deal shyt in the music industry.

I really hope the books works out, its about time we have a book focused on the supporting characters. Also, Roxana Gay is working only on the first story arc, which focuses on Aneka and Ayo. The next arc may be written by another writer and may focus on a different character, so it won't always be that way for the book.

Last edited: