Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It's not really comparable

Yea, its actually more chill here compared to other forums. :ehh:

Been telling longtime BP fans who really don't like the book to either drop the book or wait for the trade so that they can read it all at once. No point making themselves go through headaches and anguish every month.

EDIT: Not saying that those that really don't like the book can't speak up, hell I've made my grievances about this run pretty clear. But its evident that if they didn't like the book then, they surely aren't gonna like the book now.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Been telling longtime BP fans who really don't like the book to either drop the book or wait for the trade so that they can read it all at once. No point making themselves go through headaches and anguish every month.

EDIT: Not saying that those that really don't like the book can't speak up, hell I've made my grievances about this run pretty clear. But its evident that if they didn't like the book then, they surely aren't gonna like the book now.

I think it's justifiable though. CB fans in general are hella passionate and in uproar about anything they see unfit. But that's also how people get pulled off and put on books. I also think it sounds like more noise because of non-comic readers hopping on and liking it....so fanboys are doing what fanboys do.

If Coates isn't up to par, he needs to be told. In all fairness, he has to understand that in a monthly, there's not much room to build up something 8-9 issues down the line, so he has to condense his storytelling.

#5 was eaily the best book, but I'm giving it to #7. After that, if I'm still not feeling it, I'm dropping it. I'll let you keep me up to date with it.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

I'm waiting to read it all at once or trying to but y'all got me scared :lupe:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm waiting to read it all at once or trying to but y'all got me scared :lupe:

Relax, the story isn't close to being concluded. We'll be entering the halfway point in September. So long as Coates sticks the landing, it'll be fine when its all said and done. And if he doesn't this season, we'll live. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes and improves in the next one.

The real ace in the hole is the MCU and this current book probably won't be affecting the movie much. Coates already made it clear that he isn't involved in the process of making the film. The MCU appears to be leaning more towards the Priest run, which is well regarded across the board. You may see some Hudlin influences as well, depending on which characters appear (Doras as a unit in addition to Nakia and Okoye, Shuri, etc), as well as the usual Stan and Jack stuff. It will take a while before the MCU touches on the Coates stories.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Random tidbit I just found. Turns out Symkaria, one of the countries represented in that infamous meeting, has some recent on-panel history with Wakanda.

Symkaria was the country that allowed Shuri and company during Doomwar to get to the Latverian border. Symkaria owed billions to Wakanda and Shuri leveraged that fact to get access to Symkaria's side of the Latverian border.

sym_convo.png

Very doubtful that this factoid will play a role in the current book, but I didn't notice that both nations have a history with each other, prior to the infamous meeting.

EDIT: Got my counter-revolutionaries experts mixed up. Edited my post to reflect that.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This is what I expect from Black Excellence :wow:My king :wow:The gawd :wow:

The whole convo was great. The captive was going in on him due to previous events and T'Challa completely turned the convo around and got to the core of why the captive breh was upset and why he joined Tetu and his peoples.

Full convo in the spoilers.

convo3.png

convo1.png

convo2.png

Would be dope if T'Challa can get more scenes like this throughout the rest of this season, along with legit smackdowns and the big W towards the end.